The really slow loss team!

Hey, just wondering.. On a average day how many sw syns does everyone have? Some days feel as if ad I I eat them all! Does any1 set them self a limit? :) xxx

Hi shelster. I am doing the fast thing too. It is pretty hard :) but I find if I drink a lot of herbal tea and keep busy it helps a lot. It's a nice change from sw too. Not that I don't like sw but I needed a new thing ! I eat breakfast on fast days then nothing until a light dinner. I also only do 24 hours which means I can have a snack before bed. Don't know if that will effect losses!
So far it looks good scales wise but weigh in is not until tomorrow and as it is a very early start I might only get to weigh on thurs. be interesting to see!
The best part for me is that I have proven to myself that I have control over food. I can skip a meal and not die!! Lol

Enjoy ! Hope it gives you a loss

Hey, just wondering.. On a average day how many sw syns does everyone have? Some days feel as if ad I I eat them all! Does any1 set them self a limit? :) xxx

SW obviously say up to 15 but always recommend at least 5. On average I use at least 10 a day, if I'm not that hungry I won't eat just to use them but I think syns are important when it comes to SW :) x

Hi Conlou, good to have some slow buddies fasting! I like it at the moment because I am not constantly thinking about syns :)
Eat
Don't eat
Eat
Dont eat
Simples ;-)

Morning everyone!

Hope you've all had nice weekends. It was totm for me & I was really hoping that now I've changed my pill to Yasmin it would have been better, due to the total different amounts of hormones going into my body, but no it was just as painful & horrible. I've been incredibly emotional recently (nothing to do with hormones I've just had a hellish year( & I spent so much of the weekend crying, I was an absolute wreck. My cousin & her little girls came to stay last night, they're here for about a week so I'm glad & I'm taking a day off to spend with them so hopefully that will distract my mind. WI is Wednesday & hoping for a loss, I've been good although I ate a few too many sweets last night (I can't say no to the kids offering sweets apparently!). Was still within my calories but going to try extra hard & I generally feel a bit poo due to totm.

How's everyone else been?

LisaC said:
Morning everyone!

Hope you've all had nice weekends. It was totm for me & I was really hoping that now I've changed my pill to Yasmin it would have been better, due to the total different amounts of hormones going into my body, but no it was just as painful & horrible. I've been incredibly emotional recently (nothing to do with hormones I've just had a hellish year( & I spent so much of the weekend crying, I was an absolute wreck. My cousin & her little girls came to stay last night, they're here for about a week so I'm glad & I'm taking a day off to spend with them so hopefully that will distract my mind. WI is Wednesday & hoping for a loss, I've been good although I ate a few too many sweets last night (I can't say no to the kids offering sweets apparently!). Was still within my calories but going to try extra hard & I generally feel a bit poo due to totm.

How's everyone else been?

Aww Lisa, you ok love?? Enjoy the time with your family, being around kids always cheers me up as its hard to feel sad with them bouncing around full of beans. Xxx

audfen said:
2 lbs down this week im delighted xx just 7 to go till target xxx

Yay!! Well done, that's brilliant xx

Aww Lisa, you ok love?? Enjoy the time with your family, being around kids always cheers me up as its hard to feel sad with them bouncing around full of beans. Xxx

I really am a wreck at the moment. So many horrible thing have gone on this year & I can't keep up. As soon as I come to grips with one thing something else happens. And in truth I can't get over losing my kitty, that was 5 months ago now, I cry every single day without fail. I feel I've gone into a really bad place. And it's even more sad that this is the first time I really feel totally in control of my diet & I'm doing well but I'm too emotional to feel really happy about it! My cousin is one of my closest friends & we're going for a mexican Thursday, just me & her, so I'm hoping I'll be able to let my hair down & have a good laugh :)

Yep, when you feel like that it really helps being around people who know you well. I struggle with that as all my best mates live all over the country and world now so sometimes I feel quite lonely. My last oldest friend who lived in Newcastle too moved to Norway on Friday so I'm feeling quite sad and a bit like I don't have a group of friends anymore. I'm lucky in as much as I have my kids and bf who's great, but sometimes I just want to see my old housemates and everyones so do far.

Ah sorry about your cat, I have one too and even though he's a mean cat who just fights everything i'd be gutted if anything happened to him. Have you thought about getting another kitten?

It's hard when you feel that way, I have loads of crap going on too, my dad died at the end of last year and my half brothers basically screwed me over and I have nothing at all of my dads. And the ex is making life very difficult, as always. But try not to let things get ontop of you, I always think when things feel bad the only place it can go is back up, so concentrate on the positives in your life, it helps :) xxxx

I often find that I can be surrounded by people but feel totally alone, strange isn't it.

Sorry to hear about your dad :( It's so sad that family screw you over when you need them the most. I haven't been allowed to see my nephew for 6 months, they live 10 minutes away. It's horrible.

I always say it never rains but it pours, 2012 has definitely been like that! I'm just pleased I have a holiday with my best friend next month :)

conlou1 said:
I'm doing the fast thing!!! Yesterday was a fast day and I'll do another tomorrow. I'm doing 3 days fast a week. I'm liking it tbh. I've found cuppa soups a saviour. The healthy living ones are only 65 cals!!!

Lou am doing the 2 day fast 5 days for normal eat, the fasting days for women they are allowed 400/500 cals a day but it needs to be eaten as one meal either brekkie,, lunch or dinner. Is this what you are doing? I found it really hard, still feel very weak today.

I'm doing alternate days fasting. I spread my
Cals through the day, not sure who
Said you have to have it as one meal? Lots of people are doing this and no one has said how and and when to eat your fast cals do
Long as you
Don't go over 500, I felt
Totally fine if I'm honest, I eat very little in the day then have a meal then with remaining cals have a satsuma or cuppa soup. Yesterday was a fast day, today I've had a normal day, tomorrow is another fast day, Thursday a fast day and Saturday a fast day. And so on. Check
Out the johnsons up day down day diet section, there's lots of info
From ppl who've done it a while.

conlou1 said:
I'm doing alternate days fasting. I spread my
Cals through the day, not sure who
Said you have to have it as one meal? Lots of people are doing this and no one has said how and and when to eat your fast cals do
Long as you
Don't go over 500, I felt
Totally fine if I'm honest, I eat very little in the day then have a meal then with remaining cals have a satsuma or cuppa soup. Yesterday was a fast day, today I've had a normal day, tomorrow is another fast day, Thursday a fast day and Saturday a fast day. And so on. Check
Out the johnsons up day down day diet section, there's lots of info
From ppl who've done it a while.

Thanks Lou I will have a look at this thread and get some ideas on how to make it easier to stick too.

Wow! One week of alternate day fasting and I lost 2.4 lbs!!!! Back to 10.2.4 lbs :) lowest weight I have got to!!

Sticking with this change for a bit longer. Woweeeee!!!!

Well done to the losers.

I thought you were only meant to fast two days a week which is why it is called the 5:2 diet as anymore and it ceases to be beneficial ?

I am doing Monday and Wednesday fasting by having fruit, salad and protein for lunch ie egg, quorn slices, piece of salmon etc and similar for dinner plus a couple of hot drinks with milk so I have less then 600 with drinks but around 500 on food alone .

As I still want to get my five a day and try to eat as well as I can on 500 cals.

Weigh in for me tonight

Back