The really slow loss team!

You sound well sorted :D

Have a great time Lou :) it's good when you feel confidence in your decisions and plans, it's how I feel about my vlcd, it's not to get me to target, it's a boost for my losses, and not a long term solution. I'm learning lessons from each plan I do, which is where I went wrong in the past, I'd lose a bit but not pay attention to the lessons on keeping it off and general health I just wanted to be thinner then i'd go back to old habits, this time I've done various plans and really assessed myself and the plan as I've done it. The vlcd has taught me about real hunger and emotional hunger, and hugely about portions, and that i dont need carbs, i can happily survive without them. SW taught me that it really is for life, it does work as long as you realise as you shrink so should your portions, I certainly don't need as much food as I did as when I was nearly 16 stone and if I go back to eating that much even SW food I'll gain weight, but its great for everyday family life, which is where CC and MFP has come in as kinda all of them combined plus increasing my activity levels should mean I can continue to lose and maintain. I'm really happy I've done each plan, as I genuinely feel confident I can get to target sooner rather than later and keep it off. I'm going to by a bike and try cycling to uni when i go back, so hopefully I carry on being fit even when I don't have as much free time as i do now over the summer. Anyway, sorry for that! I'm just feeling really happy about my little journey now, and that hopefully after holiday I'll still be closer to goal than to where i started. :) xx

Hey! So far so good :) its going very quickly I must say, feeling a bit bloated still which is annoying but so into this plan now actually quite anxious for introducing food again! I've been swimming twice, shredded once, and walked about 9 miles this week already so feeling good. Not doing any sneaky weighs until my last official one on Tuesday morning. Just going to keep swimming every day and hope it pays off :)

You ok? Xx

Hey! So far so good :) its going very quickly I must say, feeling a bit bloated still which is annoying but so into this plan now actually quite anxious for introducing food again! I've been swimming twice, shredded once, and walked about 9 miles this week already so feeling good. Not doing any sneaky weighs until my last official one on Tuesday morning. Just going to keep swimming every day and hope it pays off :)

You ok? Xx

Wow thats loads, well done!! Every week I fill out a diary to hand on my wall at work & note my syns for the week & exercise, this past week I did tons, quite chuffed with that :) Isn't it great how good exercise makes you feel :) When do you start introducing more food?

My cousin is coming to stay Sunday with her two girls, for a week, I'm planning on cooking for me & her (my mum will cook for the girls) but not sure what to cook that I know will be filling enough for her but low cal for me! I'll have go google. I love the meals I have but I don't want to use too much quorn as it's expensive as it is & she's not veggie so seems a waste.x

Thanks! I'm actually liking getting up and about and have just started doing some crunches when I feel like I haven't done much, I don't know why I haven't done it before! Silly me! A bit gutted as can't fit swim in today, at hosp with the bf it's looking like he's going to have to retrain as something else which is a bit stressful. So not sure what we'll do. I start my refeed tues and slowly add a little for the next 7 days after, just going to try and do loads and loads of exercise that week.

Maybe stuffed peppers with brown rice and salad ? That's yum for one day? Xx

When you're not used to exercise it's weird to think you can enjoy it :) Does your bf work at the hospital?

I love the sound of that but she's used to big plates of pasta & spaghetti etc & I doubt she'll find that appetising enough. I know I can easily have that but I really don't want to risk taking in all those carbs. I may have to do something where I can cook extra potatoes on the side for her. She'll eat whatever but I don't want her to feel like she's being a pain! I;'ll google low cal meals I think.x

I have pcos i find it very hard losing weight mines normally 0.5 1 or 2 lbs i lose thats bout it

Welcome Sarah. We have lots of PCOS ladies on here, so you will fit right in.

The recommended amount for healthy, sustainable, weight loss is 1-2lbs per week, so you are about on track - but I appreciate how frustrating it is when you see others losing 3, 4 and 5lbs in the same time - take comfort, it won't stay off!!

We are mostly actually doing quite weight loss wise well on here at the moment (for us!), so jump right on board :)

We are mostly actually doing quite weight loss wise well on here at the moment (for us!), so jump right on board :)

It's funny that quite a few of us have recently found something that really seems to work well for us...yay! :D

LisaC said:
When you're not used to exercise it's weird to think you can enjoy it :) Does your bf work at the hospital?

I love the sound of that but she's used to big plates of pasta & spaghetti etc & I doubt she'll find that appetising enough. I know I can easily have that but I really don't want to risk taking in all those carbs. I may have to do something where I can cook extra potatoes on the side for her. She'll eat whatever but I don't want her to feel like she's being a pain! I;'ll google low cal meals I think.x

No no, he's a baker, it seems he's got very bad occupational asthma or lung disease not quite sure of the extent yet, but the doc said essentially the longer he stays in this job the more it'll affect his health :( x

No no, he's a baker, it seems he's got very bad occupational asthma or lung disease not quite sure of the extent yet, but the doc said essentially the longer he stays in this job the more it'll affect his health :( x

Ow no that's horrible!! In my line of work we get a lot of cases where people have developed illnesses/injuries from their jobs. If it came about because of his job, tell him to look into the legal side of it, obviously sometimes it can just be our bodies reacting to things but its worth him doing some research x

It's quite bad as he's been to the doctor about it many times but they've not found much wrong so nothing ever came of it, then this year it got so bad I made him go again and the doc was quite worried about him, but it's taken 3 months to get a hosp appointment the doctor today said if they'd caught it a few years ago it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as now. Which is a joke as he's been going for years trying to get an answer as to why he can't breathe properly. V annoying really. Poor fella he wanted to open his own business next year but it's looking unlikely now :( xx

A very small gain today on the scales (0.2lb), but a drop of another 0.1% in body fat so I think the gain is water from the increased exercise. We will see next week. Still, a loss is a loss, whether it be weight or BF% :D

Hi ladies not been on this for a while! I have been trying out the 2 day fasting and 5 day normal eating plan that was on horizon. I'm on day 2 of fasting and finding it really difficult surviving on 400/500 cals! i'm so so hungry don't think I could do this every week.

Back