The really slow loss team!

Ah well done Lisa!! Super super proud of you!! WOW healthy BMI too, what a lovely positive vibe to go on holiday with, you must be thrilled, especially as you struggled for so long to make the plan work for u, have an amazing time! looking forward to hearing about it when you get back :) xxx

So many great losses - well done tortoises.

Well I'm back home from the UK - mum is in her new flat. Not really settled yet but getting there.

Hmmmm - well I've lost more weight whilst in the UK. Only 0.3 kg (0.66 lbs) but that now puts me 2.7 kgs under official target and 1.6 kg (3.43 lbs) under my 5 stone goal. So I'd be well and truly paying if I was going to class.

Question is - do I actually now lower my target again so it's at the 5 stone point and see how I go from there?

I'm not realy maintaining very well mind as these are my losses for the last 10 weeks. Up and down on alternate weeks.

DateLoss (lbs)
21/07/21023.75
30/07/2012
gain 0.88
06/08/2012
13/08/2012
gain 3.31
20/08/2012
27/08/2012
gain 1.32
03/09/2012
10/09/2012
gain 0.66
17/09/2012
24/09/2012

I'm even out of range of my 5 stone target !!! But I suspect now I've stopped all the body magic of moving mum and hopefuly a lot of the stress too my weight will settle down again.

Maybe I'll leave it another week or so and take it from there.

PS - You'll be pleased to know that it is weeing down in Spain so I still have my jeans on plus socks and trainers and a jumper. This is just not fair!!!! I want some sun and to be able to sit in the hot tub.

Pommette said:
So many great losses - well done tortoises.

Well I'm back home from the UK - mum is in her new flat. Not really settled yet but getting there.

Hmmmm - well I've lost more weight whilst in the UK. Only 0.3 kg (0.66 lbs) but that now puts me 2.7 kgs under official target and 1.6 kg (3.43 lbs) under my 5 stone goal. So I'd be well and truly paying if I was going to class.

Question is - do I actually now lower my target again so it's at the 5 stone point and see how I go from there?

I'm not realy maintaining very well mind as these are my losses for the last 10 weeks. Up and down on alternate weeks.

DateLoss (lbs)
21/07/21023.75
30/07/2012 gain 0.88

06/08/20123.09

13/08/2012gain 3.31

20/08/20123.09

27/08/2012 gain 1.32

03/09/20123.75

10/09/2012gain 0.66

17/09/20122.65

24/09/20120.66

I'm even out of range of my 5 stone target !!! But I suspect now I've stopped all the body magic of moving mum and hopefuly a lot of the stress too my weight will settle down again.

Maybe I'll leave it another week or so and take it from there.

PS - You'll be pleased to know that it is weeing down in Spain so I still have my jeans on plus socks and trainers and a jumper. This is just not fair!!!! I want some sun and to be able to sit in the hot tub.

Well done on the loss. Maybe just see how it goes Hun, if your happy where you are but losing is a bonus and your happy if you lose more but not bothered about sts then I'd personally
Not set a target, it seems your losing easier now you don't have that pressure of losing iykwim x

Well done on the loss. Maybe just see how it goes Hun, if your happy where you are but losing is a bonus and your happy if you lose more but not bothered about sts then I'd personally
Not set a target, it seems your losing easier now you don't have that pressure of losing iykwim x
I know exactly what you mean Lou. I'm not really trying to lose any more weight but I am still eating the same amount as I was doing when I was trying to lose - as I don't really fancy any more to eat - and I'm certainly not starving myself or feeling hungry.
I think it is just that my stomach has now shrunk after 6 years at this weight loss lark :8855:
I'm sort of making an assumption that when my weight gets to the level that the number of calories I'm eating is enough for it, the weight loss will stop.

The only problem is that all my NEW clothes are now too big as I've lost about another size for the last 7-10 lbs! I've got a size 14 cashmere jumper on that was skin tight last winter and is now quite loose (I was given it - don't imagine I can afford cashmere :8855:). And I really don't have the cash to buy any more so I'll just have to get the sewing maching out again and take the bleddy things in. :D

Last edited:
Pommette said:
I know exactly what you mean Lou. I'm not really trying to lose any more weight but I am still eating the same amount as I was doing when I was trying to lose - as I don't really fancy any more to eat - and I'm certainly not starving myself or feeling hungry.
I think it is just that my stomach has now shrunk after 6 years at this weight loss lark :8855:
I'm sort of making an assumption that when my weight gets to the level that the number of calories I'm eating is enough for it, the weight loss will stop.

The only problem is that all my NEW clothes are now too big as I've lost about another size for the last 7-10 lbs! I've got a size 14 cashmere jumper on that was skin tight last winter and is now quite loose (I was given it - don't imagine I can afford cashmere :8855:). And I really don't have the cash to buy any more so I'll just have to get the sewing maching out again and take the bleddy things in. :D

Haha, yea definitely take them
In don't gain to fit into them ;) that's great news that youve lost more than you thought!! I would imagine you'll plateau at some point then perhaps set your target there. If you feel your losing too much you can always have a week
Of treat lol. I think targets sometimes work against us, I'm aiming for 9 stone
Or a size 10 whichever comes first, if being 9 stone means I'm still not a 10 then tough, I'm not going lower than that but if I hit a 10 at 9.7 then I'll stop there. Perhaps you could set a size limit? Rather than weight? Xx

Half a pound ON for me this week despite being 4,000 under for the week. Steroids finally kicking in - I wondered when it would happen :rolleyes:

The plan now is not to do what I usually do at this time of year and stop resisting the ravenous hunger and start to eat more and more as dieting stops working for the next few months...........

Pardon me if I go quiet for a while - I find it hard to particpate when everyone else is doing so well - ho-hum :(

Annya, Perhaps you need the support more when times are difficult. Seriods are bound to make you more hungry and perhaps retain fluid, which you will lose eventually. Don't beat yourself up, be as kind to yourself as you would be to others!

Annya said:
Half a pound ON for me this week despite being 4,000 under for the week. Steroids finally kicking in - I wondered when it would happen :rolleyes:

The plan now is not to do what I usually do at this time of year and stop resisting the ravenous hunger and start to eat more and more as dieting stops working for the next few months...........

Pardon me if I go quiet for a while - I find it hard to particpate when everyone else is doing so well - ho-hum :(

:( my frie d who does Sw, has to seasonally take steroids and they really affect her too, it's not your fault hun, steroids are making you gain weight, it's nothing you're doing wrong. If you eat more though and slip off plan your going to put even more on than what you would if you stuck to plan hun, so please think carefully before abandoning plan, I'd hate for you to be really down cos you've gained a lot. I know it's so disheartening when you try and keep gaining, but you've come so far and done really well on the weight loss and exercise front. We're all here for you Hun, please don't go quiet :( xxx

1lb on for me too annya! so we can be slightly disheartened together! I haven't been particularly on plan this week but have been counting cals, I know I haven't eaten 3000 more to gain 1lb of fat, but I did eat 2 crumpets last night so I'm putting it down to undigested carb bloat and water. I didn't realise how similar our BMI stats were, we can do the last bit together, I think its back to tortoising for me! xx

. . . Perhaps you could set a size limit? Rather than weight? Xx
Yep - been there, seen it done it.
I'm a big framed lady so I set my targets at size 14 top, size 16 bum. Both now too big!!!
I have mahusive hips and the 16's jeans are fine there. But about 4" too big in the waist!
I have huge darts in all my jeans but they are still hanging off me! In fact I took them off last night without undoing them.

Please don't disappear Annya. You are one one of the few old-timers on the tortoise thread that has kept me company for so long.

I'm the opposite, broad shoulders so tops a size larger than bottoms, waist too small on some garments so hipsters better.

Pommette said:
Yep - been there, seen it done it.
I'm a big framed lady so I set my targets at size 14 top, size 16 bum. Both now too big!!!
I have mahusive hips and the 16's jeans are fine there. But about 4" too big in the waist!
I have huge darts in all my jeans but they are still hanging off me! In fact I took them off last night without undoing them.

Big hips and tiny waist? Perfect figure I'd say Hun :) x

Morning Tortoises.

This maintaining lark is tricky! I've lost another 0.1 kg (approx 0.2 lbs) since I got home last Thursday.
At least the loss had slowed down though. Now 2.8 kg under official target.

Back