The really slow loss team!

Right !!!!

I've re-set my target to 11 st 3½ lbs (71.44 kg) - so with the 3 lbs either way I can drift between 11 st and 11½ stone.
At 71.44 by BMI is also exactly 25 !!!

So just 0.16Kg to go!!!! :8855:

I hear you Lou!

Lou - I hear you too, it's always hard to get back on plan after a blow out.
But you can do this chica.

Suggestion though for future - rather than going completely off, how about using the good old fashion SW trick of only allowing yourself a flexi-syn day.
Agree with yourself beforehand what extra you can have and then stick to it.
This has always helped me as it seems to focus my mind on just how much I can blow it by, but it also keeps me in check.
And my allowances have been generous - I've said a bottle of wine is ok, plus a couple of liqueurs, plus a pud. But told myself to stick to the plan as best I can for starters and main.

As you know I only weigh in once a week on a Friday (scales are hidden with the neighbour to stop paranoia creeping in!) but I have a feeling the steroid gainis really kicking in now and I am heading for another rise despite not being over my calories at all this week as my thighs are rubbing together again and I have the tell-tale lumps appearing on my hips and the big fat stomach :(

I was expecting this - same old same old every darn winter as soon as the steroid prescription goes sky high :sigh: The plan this year is keeping to a 500 calories a day deficit despite not seeing any reward of a drop on the scales - indeed watching the scale steadily rise. 'Tis a hard one and I expect I will fall of the wagon without an incentive to keep going fairly quickly as I usually do:cry:

Annya said:
As you know I only weigh in once a week on a Friday (scales are hidden with the neighbour to stop paranoia creeping in!) but I have a feeling the steroid gainis really kicking in now and I am heading for another rise despite not being over my calories at all this week as my thighs are rubbing together again and I have the tell-tale lumps appearing on my hips and the big fat stomach :(

I was expecting this - same old same old every darn winter as soon as the steroid prescription goes sky high :sigh: The plan this year is keeping to a 500 calories a day deficit despite not seeing any reward of a drop on the scales - indeed watching the scale steadily rise. 'Tis a hard one and I expect I will fall of the wagon without an incentive to keep going fairly quickly as I usually do:cry:

:( oh annya it must be so so hard. I really feel
For you xx

Take care of yourself Annya, don't worry about calories so much as having lots of fresh fruit and veg and if you feel up to it good old homemade cooking.

Last edited:
Hope everyone's okay. It's very quiet on here!

Well - I hopped on the scales this morning and since Thursday I've put on 1.9 kgs (4 lbs) !!!
It's all carb bloat as we've had people staying with us and I've had lots of white baguette, chips, pasta etc etc.

Still under official target, but not under the 5 st (only ½ lb over though) !!! :cry:
And now 4½ lbs over my new target!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

So back on a carb free diet for a few days to shift my poor bloated stomach!

I gained half lb again this week im gutted i was so good all last week. I have an SAS Log for the next 7 days i hope this helps me. Has snyone here done SAS log?. did u find it helped u xx

Hello all! I'm back from sunny Egypt. I had the best 10 days & yes I ate TONS! The food was so so good, especially given that I'm veggie & usually more limited. I've put on a good few lb's, today showed 11 & I was 10'6.5 when I left, but I'm ok with that as I loved the food & since I got back I had a takeaway & a meal out, very unlike me but I've got major holiday blues :(

Hope everyone's been ok. Annya thinking of you huhn, hope you're feeling better in yourself now. x

Lisa! How are you?? Just hammer the water and im sure a load of it will drop back off :)

How was it? Where did you stay? I've been to sharm el sheik before, loved it there! Xx

Lisa! How are you?? Just hammer the water and im sure a load of it will drop back off :)

How was it? Where did you stay? I've been to sharm el sheik before, loved it there! Xx

I stayed at Sharm Grand Plaza, it was fantastic. Loved the food, sunshine & staff. It was 40 degrees! Too hot for my fair skin but it's paid off with the tan I've home with. I've never felt so relaxed & comfortable on a holiday, it meant a lot. I wore my bikinis everyday! I think that really proved how weightloss has boosted my confidence :)

Nice to have you back Lisa. Most of that will be bloat from the plane and carbs, I bet you realistically only put a couple of pound on. As charl said, hammer the water and I'm sure it will come off.

I started Sw yesterday, but sort if ended up doing half a day cal counting cos I got some healthy living micro meals for when I'm at work. Need to do some batch cooking this weekend

Ah lush! Wow I don't think I'll ever be bikini ready! well maybe after a tummy tuck! ha! Aww we got a puppy last week, shes absolutely lush, such a clever little dog, but a bit of a wuss and scared of everything at the mo, apart from the cat who she wants to play with, and he keeps attacking her, well hissing.. a lot. Can only take her for little 10-15min walks at the minute, but soon we can go for nice big walks and get some good exercise, she's going to love it! And my waist! maybe even go running with her when she's fully grown :) xx

Hi all.

Have been AWOL for ages, sorry, but just had to cut down on my internet activity. Trouble is I did not cut down on eating hence a 5 lb gain since I was last on here.

Back to square one I'm afraid. Lou what a great journey you are having. I am pretty sure you were over 11 when I last posted. Anyway nice to see the old crew still around and good luck to you all. :)

Ah lush! Wow I don't think I'll ever be bikini ready! well maybe after a tummy tuck! ha! Aww we got a puppy last week, shes absolutely lush, such a clever little dog, but a bit of a wuss and scared of everything at the mo, apart from the cat who she wants to play with, and he keeps attacking her, well hissing.. a lot. Can only take her for little 10-15min walks at the minute, but soon we can go for nice big walks and get some good exercise, she's going to love it! And my waist! maybe even go running with her when she's fully grown :) xx

Awwwe how cute!! Dogs are the perfect way to get some daily exercise, she'll be pulling you along before you know it so you'll be sprinting in no time! ;) xx

Back