The really slow loss team!

By the way, is it OK for me to hop aboard this slow team?! I've never come across it before (which is strange as I've been here for nearly 2 years- hence the slow loss!!!) I've made very slow progress since Christmas but really really determined to reach target soon!!!X

Last edited:
Just bear in mind, anything over a 1.2 lb loss per week might get you kicked off the team. You also need at least one sts a month and to keep your place very secure, a gain for no reason sometimes !!! ;-)

It's also never acceptable to say something like ; oh my I ate off plan all week and lost 5 lbs!! You just might get the very slow wrath of the slow losers!! Lol

Clear on the rules?

( and you know I am just kidding and wasting time on here avoiding the washing up right?)

Just bear in mind, anything over a 1.2 lb loss per week might get you kicked off the team. You also need at least one sts a month and to keep your place very secure, a gain for no reason sometimes !!! ;-)

It's also never acceptable to say something like ; oh my I ate off plan all week and lost 5 lbs!! You just might get the very slow wrath of the slow losers!! Lol

Clear on the rules?

( and you know I am just kidding and wasting time on here avoiding the washing up right?)

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

this is me for sure really fell off the wagon last year as I only lost 2lb in 4 weeks,today I've started again determind to do it this time,count me in.:)

Gembear said:
Well had my weigh in on Thursday and very, very confused.

When I started SW I weighed myself on the Thursday morning on my own scales and was 10st 8lbs. At WI at the meeting that night I was 10st 8lbs so that was my starting weight.

After my first week I weighed myself on my own scales on the Thursday morning and was 10st 5.5lbs. I was really pleased with losing 2.5lbs in my first week, then at WI at night they scales at the meeting told me I was 10 st 7.5lbs, only a 0.5lb loss :(

I put it down to water retention or something and kept going with the plan on my second week. Again on the Thursday morning I weighed myself on my scales. My scales said 10st 4lbs, I was over the moon - 4lbs off in 2 weeks yay. I thought I must at least be going to see a bigger loss at WI that night - no I weighed in at 10st 7lbs! Only another 0.5lb loss in a week yet my home scales were telling me I had lost 4lbs!

My clothes feel looser and my tummy is flatter, I know I have lost more than 1lb overall. So I have decided to stop going to meetings and do the plan online at home instead. I am finding the weekly weighins very demotivating and I know the plan is working for me but either the scales at WI are wrong or weighing in at night time is not working for me.

Had a bad weekend as I was away staying with family, but back on the plan today and hoping to at least STS this week on my own scales.

x

Step away from the scales!!! It is well know that at home weighing results in mis-reads at class as weighing in early can lead to emotional eating. Also you are always heavier in the evening than in the morning as you've been eating during the day. Most people will tell you how little they eat on WI day!!

Woodland girl said:

Clear on the rules?

Haha!!! Love it!! I can't stand it when people haven't stuck to plan and loose loads of weight.
Someone made me laugh at class the other week - I went to an earlier one - who was saying it didn't work for her but then said she had had crisps and a crunchie for her lunch!

I lost 1.5lb this week!! Really pleased with myself, although I did gain 2.5lb last week and I'm still 2lb up from my lowest weight yet! So I still qualify for this 'really slow team'!!!!X

Well done Funcurls!

Didn't you read the rules? Sigh. Well, consider this your warning .... No more like that for now :) :) actually I think people who join this team often have a huge loss, like 1.5 lbs, so good going!!!

Thanks girls,
I feel much happier with my decision to just weigh in at home, I find that weekly group weigh ins just make me obsess too much about lbs and half lbs, I know that as long as I am losing that's the most important thing. I'm really enjoying the plan and enjoying my food and I feel healthier and motivated.
It's always recommended to weigh in in the morning as what you eat and drink, your bowel movements etc can so affect your weight later in the day, I don't think it's accurate.
Have just done my food plan up until next Monday, and about to order my shopping, don't think I'll see a big loss this week but hoping to STS at least and get back on track for the next two days before weigh in.

My mini aim is to be back in the 9s by the 10th September.

x

had a bad weekend, i booked this week as a holiday as i was away and i sort of used this as an excuse to let myself go a bit, well a lot really. im back on track today but my 2 days of bingeing have cost me 2 pound grr. how unfair that i can put 2 pound on in 2 days yet i struggle to lose a pound in one week?? especially when my friend lost 3 pound this week and had wine and beer most nights. really starting to feel like packing it all in and resigning myself to the fact i cant lose weight, but i wont, i will stabd up tall dust myself off and start again. i have a week to turn it around and try to turn that gain into a sts or even a small loss!!

We are all behind you Lou!! I for one fall pretty regularly off the wagon, but all you can do is have a good moan and then put it behind you - what's done is done.

Good luck this week.... and remember a maintain is better than a gain. I believe I may be looking at a STS myself this week after a good loss last week............ho-hum :sigh:

Very nervous about my WI tomorrow after my sts last week:eek:

I'm worried about my weigh in on Friday too Holidaygirl - I seem to have acquired a pound from somewhere overnight!!

All we can do is bite the bullet :confused:

On a positive note I might get my half a stone award and first body magic award;)
Then my positve vibes can go to all of you too:)
Good luck Annya for Friday:)

You can do this Lou!
If you like the odd glass of wine like I do (well more than the odd one really) you can have them. You just have to plan them in and use your syns. Obviously that means you can't use your syns on other things but it's what keeps me going too!
Mind I don't do the 3 lb a week losses. 1 lb is quite sufficient for me at my tortoise speed.

My positive vibes worked:p
1.5lb off this week:)
Slimmer of the week:)
Half stone award:)
Won prize in the raffle:)
Saving my body magic award for next week:p

Back