The really slow loss team!

Well done to those who have lost.
I would appreciate some advice on why my weight loss is so slow if anyone would care to look at my little food diary. I am going to try red days but it will be so hard as I don't eat meat or shellfish and I only eat a little fish.

i am going back to red/green days when i find my feet again. i too struggle with portion control and when im good i fill half my plate with super free but i just pile the other half higher with potatoes or pasta hahaha, my problem is im never full, have always been the same. my husbadn is 6 foot 5 and i can eat more than him, but hey thats why im here lol!! on red days however my stomach shrinks and i feel less hungry, i too have to do 2 green days just to keep the system moving lol, but my tummy is flatter doing red and i have bigger losses, its just harder cos i have to cook 2 lots of meals half of the time. i got weighed this morning expecting to have put loads on since being off plan but ive only gained half a pound!!!! but i think because im eating what i want im not picking between meals like i was and im not feeling deprived, so the damage hopefully wont be as bad as i thought. obv. im still gaining but not at the speed i thought i would. looking forward to getting back on track though im missing eating normal food but not missing the pressure lol. i booked tues off as im having an op, but i think i may be able to squeeze in going , so i may just go and whatever ive gained ive gained but at least ill know what my loss truly is when i get back on plan, ill see how i feel on the day. this is my week of no pressure!! lol.

i never thought about the EE and making more money!! its probably cynically true.

2.5 lb lost GET OUT !!!!! (joke) x

Haven't figured out the geen and red days at all. Maybe I will sit in a starter class one day soon. My problem is when I start out in the morning I never am quite sure when I will be home or what I am going to eat the rest of the day. Which why ee suits me. But thanks for advice.

Well done to those who have lost.
I would appreciate some advice on why my weight loss is so slow if anyone would care to look at my little food diary. I am going to try red days but it will be so hard as I don't eat meat or shellfish and I only eat a little fish.
hi hun, i looked and am no expert but you need to up your super speed foods and maybe eat some other things like quiche (SW) or quorn products or on red to eat fish like tuna/salmon etc with veggies or salad. do you do any home cooking or do you eat vegetables at all?

Haven't figured out the geen and red days at all. Maybe I will sit in a starter class one day soon. My problem is when I start out in the morning I never am quite sure when I will be home or what I am going to eat the rest of the day. Which why ee suits me. But thanks for advice.
its all horses for courses isnt it? i felt this wa sdifficult on EE and easier on red/green LOL because i can have an extra a and b it means the brown bread and cheese can come into my diet if i am stuck and not home. weird how we all have different preferences huh?

hi hun, i looked and am no expert but you need to up your super speed foods and maybe eat some other things like quiche (SW) or quorn products or on red to eat fish like tuna/salmon etc with veggies or salad. do you do any home cooking or do you eat vegetables at all?

thank you I have replied on my diary thread but I do eat salad and some form of veg most days. In the winter we live off homemade soups but I just dont fancy that in this weather.
I did have SW quiche in my diary which I made with mushrooms and onions and one lot had cottage cheese the mini ones were made with quark.
As I said I have a freezer full of stuff which we bought before I started SW so need to eat through that first and most of it is synned quorn or tofu unfortunately.
I do eat most vegetables in fact the only one I really dont like is any form of peas. I grow veg in my garden and the potatoes we had for breakfast were only harvested last night same with red onions and carrots.
Before SW we cooked most stuff from scratch and I wouldnt use ready made anything but I have just got so lazy hence the pasta n sauces, mug shots and rice packets. As they just seem too easy.
Plan Plan Plan is how I am going to spend tomorrow.

those synned bits in your freezer may contribute to your problems hun, i know its costly to not eat them but can you disregard these or save them ?

I strayed off the plan last week, so much going on in my life and I ate a chinese takeaway, some chocolate, and had a burger king, discarding the bun!

I managed to regain 2 lbs from this one week and was mightily fed up. I mean yes 1 lb but please 2!!!! Gahhhh,.

Of course there were people at my group who had eaten kebabs, vast quantities of alchohol, cakes etc etc and managed to still lose 1 and a half pounds! Grrr.

So at my 9th week of slimming world I have managed to lose only 4 and a half pounds now!

Still I am back on track and trying extra hard for this week. Sometimes you just need to let go and I was aware of this. It does seem unfair though as I thought it took an extra 7,000 calories to make 2 lbs.

Guess not in my case. :mad:

Anyway, what can we do but keep going?

Keep it up ladies.

bless you hun. its not fair is it. i am majorly off plan atm and i can feel the weight piling on at an alarming rate. i reckon i will have put a good 7 pound on this week. which will take me 3 months to shift no doubt. i feel really poorly and am comfort eating big time, every day i get up and say today i will be good and i just cant do it. i have zero motivation and the fact im putting weight back on is going to make me lose motivation even more after my op but ill just have to start from scratch again. i had veg today so that was an improvement on the past week but i did have a cookie and apple danish thing. oops. oh well tomorrow i will try again to be better

bless you hun. its not fair is it. i am majorly off plan atm and i can feel the weight piling on at an alarming rate. i reckon i will have put a good 7 pound on this week. which will take me 3 months to shift no doubt. i feel really poorly and am comfort eating big time, every day i get up and say today i will be good and i just cant do it. i have zero motivation and the fact im putting weight back on is going to make me lose motivation even more after my op but ill just have to start from scratch again. i had veg today so that was an improvement on the past week but i did have a cookie and apple danish thing. oops. oh well tomorrow i will try again to be better

You have my sincerest sympathy! I could shake my fist at the sky and scream...."Why oh Why is it so blasted hard to get it off, but a couple of days off the plan and 2 lbs comes flying in to settle on the waist..........Why, why, why?":D:mad:

* hangs head in shame *
I am still on the naughty step ladies and already starting to write out a double dose of lines.

I've lost 2½ lbs, and I haven't a clue how.

I am doing nothing different from normal - same foods, same drinks, same level on activity (i.e. not a lot really). Worried - probably means I'm heading for a gain next week - almost certainly as we have friends staying for the next 2 weeks.

Having spent the last 7½ months at this, I've been losing ½-1 lb per week to get to within 8lbs of target. In August I lost a grand total of ½ lb. So if anyone can work out what's going on please tell me.

Hi, have put 2lbs on!!!!! but it is my own fault a week off plan and no exercise:cry: But have woke today full of get up and go:) so hoping for a good week, but don't laugh I sneezed this morning and hurt my back!!!:mad: so not much exercise until it feels better.will let you know how I get on :wavey: But am thinking of doing, dare I say weight watchers to try and get back in control,just looked back and am losing and gaining the same 4lbs since 6thJune.

Last edited:
After feeling really down for a while got my head in gear since I last posted.

Been doing mostly green days but will be doing red for a change today. Have satisfied my craving for cheese as being on green I can have two HEX a`s & b`s so I don`t feel so deprived. Actually finding it easier to understand than EE as I`m no good at portion control.

Just need to measure my HEX`s 57g of meat when on green. Gonna read up on weights for carbs for today as I`m on red!!

Soon be back on the naughty step!! :D

* hangs head in shame *
I am still on the naughty step ladies and already starting to write out a double dose of lines.

I am doing nothing different from normal - same foods, same drinks, same level on activity (i.e. not a lot really). Worried - probably means I'm heading for a gain next week - almost certainly as we have friends staying for the next 2 weeks.

Having spent the last 7½ months at this, I've been losing ½-1 lb per week to get to within 8lbs of target. In August I lost a grand total of ½ lb. So if anyone can work out what's going on please tell me.

Take it and run my lovely - you have spent too long enduring unexplained snail paced losses not to enjoy this positive "blip" :D

Target - here you come!!!!!!!!

Hi, have put 2lbs on!!!!! but it is my own fault a week off plan and no exercise:cry: But have woke today full of get up and go:) so hoping for a good week, but don't laugh I sneezed this morning and hurt my back!!!:mad: so not much exercise until it feels better.will let you know how I get on :wavey: But am thinking of doing, dare I say weight watchers to try and get back in control,just looked back and am losing and gaining the same 4lbs since 6thJune.

Do you mean follow the WW plan but just go to SW for the weigh in? sometimes, I think about calorie counting for a while to see if that boosts my loss. I need the discipline of the weigh in though, as have tried so many times to go it alone...no good at that!

* hangs head in shame *

WTG Pomette....don't hang your head in shame......you have finally had a bit of a catch up.
Enjoy :)

Back