The really slow loss team!

STS today, not bad after last weeks loss,off to the lake district for a few days today,its my 25th wedding anniversary :character00250:,so expecting a gain or a sts would be ok !:bighug:

hi ladies..im back from my hen weekend. we had a fab time!! and i must say i was completely off plan from saturday morning until this morning. i am expecting a gain and im not going to worry about it, as much as my instinct is to panic and starve myself i am not. today is a new day and new week and i am just going to carry on as normal. if ive gained ive gained...no biggy, i want to lose a stone by christmas but i looked at the pics fromt he weekend and i didnt realise how much weight i had actually lost. i have lost 1 and a half pounds short of 2 stone since end of may. and i can actually tell!! one weekend is not going to put all of that back on and almost 2 stone in 5 months is great. if it takes me another 5 months to lose another 2 stone thats fine, ill only be half a stone above target and will be fitting in my old clothes. so..im here, im plodding on and im not beating myself up or panicking....for now lol.

i tell you what though i enjoyed it, i had a cheese burger, chips, cider, vodka, lager, shots, deep fried cheesey jalapeno balls, sausage sarnie, cheese sarnies (in white bread), butter on everything lol, doner kebab and garlic, more chips and i think thats it. im reckoning a good few hundred syns there hahaha.

I am in total shock as I know I have done nothing wrong but I have put on 1.5lb this week which means a total loss of ZERO since 20.09 which is ridiculous and so upsetting.
I feel like crying and giving it all up

Stats for last few weeks
20.9 lost 2lbs
27.09 put on 2lbs
04.10 put on 0.5lb
11.10 lost 4lbs
18.10 put on 1.5lb

Seriously what the hell am I doing wrong. Everything is weighed measured and counted. The last drink I had was 16.09 and I am just getting so disheartened. I feel a total failure and we still have our holiday.

Latte said:
I am in total shock as I know I have done nothing wrong but I have put on 1.5lb this week which means a total loss of ZERO since 20.09 which is ridiculous and so upsetting.
I feel like crying and giving it all up

Stats for last few weeks
20.9 lost 2lbs
27.09 put on 2lbs
04.10 put on 0.5lb
11.10 lost 4lbs
18.10 put on 1.5lb

Seriously what the hell am I doing wrong. Everything is weighed measured and counted. The last drink I had was 16.09 and I am just getting so disheartened. I feel a total failure and we still have our holiday.

Sorry to hear you've gained! According to the stats you've posted, you're 2lbs down from the 20/9?
Do you post a food diary for people to look at? As you may be missing something?

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Nope I have checked and I definitely weigh the same as I did on 20.09 it must be the way it reads.
My consultant has no answers at all for me and the only suggestion she had was try more red days. She knows I don't eat meat and I like very little fish plus too much fish makes me sick but she says there is nothing else I can do. As I am doing everything right especially the last few weeks when I have been really focused.
I can't exercise at the moment due to my hip so I am not doing my weights routine or pilates or swimming but I am walking for at least half an hour most days.

Link to my diary is in my signature but it does need updating from the weekend. Nothing unusual to add to it no drink no meals out just home cooked food.

I'm gutted for you Latte. Don't know what to suggest at all but wanted to say that we're all here for a rant when you need it. I understand exactly what you're going through. Chin up, lady.

hi guys!

latte, i dont know what to say, it could be the fact your unable to exercise mixed with the fact that you are having to do green days as you dont eat meat? i know on green days pasta and potato etc is free but it does still carry a calorie content and maybe your calorie content is higher than what your burning off due to the high carb content you have? i have just found a great tool for helping with food diaries called my fitness pal, i just inputted my days food and it told me how many calories i have had today and how much weight i would lose in 5 weeks if i ate the same food for so many weeks...it maybe useful to have a look and input your weight etc and maybe a days typical meals and snacks and see what ot calculates? it may help you to see where you could make cut backs? green days work for some people but they dont for me and extra easy dont particularly work for me either, i could lose on them but i would have to really cut my portions down. hope that helps hun. that week you had a good loss, maybe you could compare the meals you had that week to this week, there may just be a little slip up somewhere hunni.

well my MASSIVE gain turned out to be just half a pound, i think my super hard work the week before and being very good around saturday and sunday must have really helped me, today i would normally have next to nothing before weigh in but because i knew it was a gain i just ate normally, even had a sandwich (in nimble bread of course) for lunch, so really really chuffed with myself. lets hope it doesnt catch up with me next week.

our consultant gave us a great tool to help keep track of your syns. decide how many you are going to have for the week...i chose 70....then take 2 jars/cups/whatever and put 1 penny per syn in one of the jars, so i have put 70 pennies in a cup, every time i have synned food i put the relevant amount of pennies in the other cup and once theyre gone theyre gone, it supposedly helps to keep track of your syns and alleviates guilt when you spent a chunk of them in one go like on say a bottle of vino hee hee.

Latte - don't know what to say chica. I know you have been trying really hard. Could it be hormones playing havoc with your weight?

Deffo go back and look at your diary for the week of the big loss. How about repeating that week exactly and see if it helps.

Chin up chica.

*** sneaks in 36 hours late ***

Annoyed with myself.

If any of you have read my diary you'll see that I actually got under 12 st last Wednesday having had a really good start to the week. Right up to Friday I was still having a very good week and showing that I would stay there until Monday. And then friends arrived and I ate for Spain over the weekend. :eek:

So overall last week I put 0.2 kgs on so I'll class that as ½ lb.
Which means I gained 1.75 lbs between Friday and Monday. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Could be a bit to do with bloat mind, as I cooked paella for Sunday lunch and I made enough for 6 or 8 but somehow it all got eaten between 4 of us! Rice always makes me bloat.
Why the hell I love it so much I do not know!

I told you getting to target was going to be tricky - even with my piddly 2 lbs to go which is now 2½ lbs.

Hoping for a better week this week. But if yesterday and today are anything to go by - no chance!

*** sneaks back out again ***

Sorry I posted and ran last night I was really upset

My food diary has now been updated and even writing it down I couldnt really see anything majorly wrong

My husband really tried to cheer me up last night and said 8lbs loss in 14 weeks works out at two stone over the year which is not to be sniffed at. He is right it is about the bigger picture but it is just so hard to see it right now

Pomette I know what you feel as we are virtually the same weight in weigh in last week I was 12st 0.5lb now back up to 12st 2lb although my scales in the morning are showing 11st 13.5lb

I just wanted to be below 12st according to slimming world before I went away

I even stripped down as much as I could at weigh as I am all layered up due to the change in weather and that didnt help.

latte, its so disgeartening when you have an unexplained gain, but it really does happen to us all...especially women, we have water fluctuations throughout the month and sometimes we just happen to be getting weighed on a bad day. have you been drinking lots of water? if its bloatedness this could help flush it away hunni. please please dont throw in the towel though. you have a choice....give up and probably put all the weight back on or keep plodding on, even half a pound a week on average is better than nothing, and i know its not as much as other people but you have to remember your health implications that make it more difficult for you to lose. just think of it this way, your gonna get there your just taking the scenic route :) ill have a look at your diary and see if i can see anything, but i know youve been super good lately so there may not be anything as such. what did you think to the idea of the pennies in the jar hun? would this help you?

i am sooo proud of my self normally on a tuesday i eat bits and dont count them as syns, but last night i did, i snacked on free and super free and took pennies out of my jar for my syns. i am going to TRY to be 100% this week. i have also decided to stop setting myself time limits to lose weight as i think it has the oppostie effect on me, i said i wanted to lose a stone by christmas which was do-able but i just seem to feel like its too much pressure and then when i dont do it i feel like a failure. so no time limits for me :)

My fluid intake is fine I have a 1.5 litre bottle that I fill with No added Sugar squash and I drink that throughout the day plus I usually have a 0.5 litre bottle of water as well and very rarely a cup of tea and I have maybe two cups of coffee a day if that.

Thanks for looking x

As I keep a paper diary I think the pennies in the jar would confuse me and I would probably forget as I tend to have 1 or 2 syns here and there instead of a lot at once.

poor latte....dont know what to say as it as all been said mate. keep going, please dont give up 4lb was a big loss your body is teaching you what it wants to be doing, right now it cant afford to let you lose any more this week. next week is a different story

i lost 2lb ! it kinda corrests the balance again...it was a loss, loss, big gain, small loss and a small loss=equal!! (start again)

latte limit your pasta and rice swap it for butternut squash as well on alternate days

well done Felicity I am hoping that will happen with me next week and I will get a loss to equate to the gain this week

I love BNS and in our freezer we now have labelled red day mash made with celeriac and green day mash made with white and sweet potato !

felicity62 said:
i lost 2lb ! it kinda corrests the balance again...it was a loss, loss, big gain, small loss and a small loss=equal!! (start again)

latte limit your pasta and rice swap it for butternut squash as well on alternate days

Felicity, at least you're equal again and can now start afresh with the losses. Who knows that that gain might have given you a bit of a boost, now you've lost it your body might want to lose more.

I had a 3.5lb gain after my holiday, thought it'd come off straight away because it was so quick to come on but I only lost 1.5 of it last week and this week is looking no better than 0.5! Tonight will tell. At least you're even again and back on it. Why can't it be quicker though for goodness sakes!

Back