The really slow loss team!

You ok Hels ?

I also dont like red days and feel constantly hungry but at least you still get two hex bs unlike EE which is a nightmare for me. I only really do EE if I want cous cous or rice with my fish and it really takes a lot of planning.

I do wish that the mantra slow to lose means slow to gain is true for me but I know in all honesty that I can easily gain 3lbs after one weekend and then take 6 weeks to lose it. Goodness knows what Florida is going to do to me

Hello everyone,

Glad to see you all chatting away here, so sorry I've not checked in for a while, I was just feeling really disheartened, and annoyed with the whole thing.

Latte, I am feeling so frustrated for you - the only thing I would try really is to do Red days. I have hormonal issues/pcos which affect the way my body takes in carbs, and really affects my weight gain and loss (as well as cake, obviously, that affects it too :p) and I definitely see a difference between doing some Red days compared to EE. Red days are wayyy more effective for me so if you struggle with hormone problems that could be a good way to kick start your losses again. Just make sure you boost all your meals with protein, and even if you're veggie try loads of free food with iron and protein in, like spinach, Quorn, etc. Add to that 2 heB and 2 heA, plus syns, and I'm hardly ever hungry on Red days (although yes, sometimes, only a massive bowl of EE pasta will do...!)

My consultant gets all upset when I say that I have to limit my carbs to get good losses, as SW insists you don't, but as someone else was saying earlier - you just learn little by little what works for you. I also need to keep my syns below 10 a day to get the really good losses.

It's all about the planning for me, too - if I don't plan EVERY SINGLE THING I put into my mouth on the days I know I'm not going out, etc, then my weightloss is slowed down too. It's a balancing act...

BUT BIG HUGS to everyone who needs them today - we're all here for you.

So have had 1lb loss in the past 2 weeks (in total, not each week!) so back on the 1/2 pound a week train.....dum dum dum, and going to try and properly plan for the next few weeks, and try hard to limit syns. Really want to get under the next stone mark before Xmas (as I will DEFINITELY put on at Xmas!!)

xx hugs and luck to everyone xx

I am still doing OK generally

haha just realised I'd left 'I am still doing ok generally' at the end of my last post!! Whoops, bit random!! :eek:

I meant to put that higher up the post as part of another sentence! Ah well, you get the point....!! :D

:bighug: hello everyone!

I just wanted to join you all with a big hug for everyone doing it slowly. My current rate of loss is about 0.35lb a week, so I am in the superslow team.

My resolution is never to say 'I've only lost x pounds' or 'I've only lost x pounds in x months'..... I'm slowly coming round to the fact that it really doesnt matter how long it takes or how slow it comes off.

Good luck for this week everyone x

Welcome to the tortoise club Gobolino - I too am in the three toed sloth category with an unimppressive 11lbs since May :sigh:

Still it is 11lbs less than I weighed in May and I will lose the other 20lbs...... but not sure when ;)

As you say, this is a lifestyle change not a diet so slowly slowly catchey monkey - oh, and I'm not obese any more which is a real plus :D

Thanks Annya!

I'm definitely in the three-toed sloth section too. But very slowly I'm coming round to the fact that this is how my body wants to do it and I'm starting to celebrate (well maybe embrace) the fact that I'm different to others - he he!!!

Well done on getting your BMI out of the obese range, that is a great bonus and something to be very proud of :)

had a great week on plan. really proud of muself, i feel i have had a loss but how big remains to be seen!! i dont think it will be all that great as i somehow escaped with just half a pound gain after a hen weekend?? so i think it may have caught up with me this week. but whatever it is it is. i did spend time writing in my sig what all my losses had been, clicked on save but its disappeared and my old signiture is still there so i spat my dummy out and gave up lol.

hope everyone has a great result this week and that were all on the naughty step together!

had a great week on plan. really proud of muself, i feel i have had a loss but how big remains to be seen!! i dont think it will be all that great as i somehow escaped with just half a pound gain after a hen weekend?? so i think it may have caught up with me this week. but whatever it is it is. i did spend time writing in my sig what all my losses had been, clicked on save but its disappeared and my old signiture is still there so i spat my dummy out and gave up lol.

hope everyone has a great result this week and that were all on the naughty step together!

managed to change my signiture to show my week by week losses, gains and sts

Well done Lou

I have no idea how I will have done tomorrow as it is * week and we ate out twice on Saturday in Manchester which meant I had to flexi syn it as I have no idea how to count it.

We only had two meals all day and we had a great day shopping theatre to see Legally Blonde then more shopping.

I had a veggie breakfast in Giraffe in the morning - beans, scrambled egg, veggie sausages and mushrooms then we went to the Chinese buffet in the evening and I had two plates of singapore noodles vegetable chow mein and plain boiled rice plus one handful of chips and some cubed potatoes so not too bad in the scheme of things as it could have been much worse but no idea how to syn
Only diet coke to drink as well

I also changed my signature with my weekly progress. This helps me track my development better.
:)

Hiya lovely ladies - some great posts here. We can all do this !!!

However, I need to go to the naughty corner this week. My body seems to have gone a bit beserk of late. I seem to have a few weeks of small up/downs followed a couple of weeks of gain big or lose big.

I've done the latter this week. Lost 2 lbs which I am thrilled with. Bit worried that I might have a gain big next week!!

It also means that I'm no longer stuck at 12 st 1½ lbs - which I've been hovering around since the beginning of September!! As I now weight 11 st 13½ lbs. Yippee

Also just ½ lb off target.

So ladies - pray I don't have a big gain next week and get to bleddy target!

Pommette well done that is brilliant news I know how important those 1/2lbs can be

Well done x

Thanks Latte - it would be really nice to lose the last ½ lb this week.
But my track record over the last 6 weeks has been all over the place.
2 big gains, 2 big losses, small loss, small gain and now another big loss this week. Heaven knows therefore what will happen.

However, I need to go to the naughty corner this week. My body seems to have gone a bit beserk of late. I seem to have a few weeks of small up/downs followed a couple of weeks of gain big or lose big.

I've done the latter this week. Lost 2 lbs which I am thrilled with. Bit worried that I might have a gain big next week!!

It also means that I'm no longer stuck at 12 st 1½ lbs - which I've been hovering around since the beginning of September!! As I now weight 11 st 13½ lbs. Yippee

Great news Pommette, a measly half a pound is doable even for us slow losers. Good luck.

Wooo-hoooo!! The paella didn't get the better of you :D

Well done Bev and I am sure that last 1/2lb will shift itself next week.

I have lost another commrade in the 12s to 11s, but I am delighted to see the back of you for all the right reasons :bighug:

Well done Lou

I have no idea how I will have done tomorrow as it is * week and we ate out twice on Saturday in Manchester which meant I had to flexi syn it as I have no idea how to count it.

We only had two meals all day and we had a great day shopping theatre to see Legally Blonde then more shopping.

I had a veggie breakfast in Giraffe in the morning - beans, scrambled egg, veggie sausages and mushrooms then we went to the Chinese buffet in the evening and I had two plates of singapore noodles vegetable chow mein and plain boiled rice plus one handful of chips and some cubed potatoes so not too bad in the scheme of things as it could have been much worse but no idea how to syn
Only diet coke to drink as well

in your book theres a bit on eating out you should be able to roughly syn it using that hun, doesnt sound too bad at all though, fingers crossed for you hun!!

wow!!! well done!!! just 1/2 off target thats fantastic! you must be so proud of yourself and you should be. i cant wait to get near target!! i think youll do it this week for sure!! keep going and keep doing what you did this last week and you never know you might get to target with bells on in the form of 2 pound!!!

Well done Pommette, thats a fab loss :) Good luck to everyone for weigh in's this week. I'm hoping for a loss tomorrow - every little helps :D

go pomette !! i feel i am a bit quiet at the moment, sorry about that we have just got a puppy!!! my life is not the same LOL

Back