The really slow loss team!

Just made a fatal error with yogurts!
Had an Activea earlier and thought it was lovely so decided to have some with my sugar free jelly after dinner.Had the jelly in the bowl with some raspberries and poured the yogurt over.Was thinking to myself, this is so creamy it tastes like full fat and yes it was, arrrrgh!!
So what did i do, i ate the whole bowl!That was 2 of them i had today.I wouldnt mind i had been syn free all day as im going out tonight(havent been out in ages cos ive been doing this) and now i,ve used up half my syns!!

Just made a fatal error with yogurts!
Had an Activea earlier and thought it was lovely so decided to have some with my sugar free jelly after dinner.Had the jelly in the bowl with some raspberries and poured the yogurt over.Was thinking to myself, this is so creamy it tastes like full fat and yes it was, arrrrgh!!
So what did i do, i ate the whole bowl!That was 2 of them i had today.I wouldnt mind i had been syn free all day as im going out tonight(havent been out in ages cos ive been doing this) and now i,ve used up half my syns!!

Whoops! I did an even worse one than that earlier on. I skipped breakfast as we had to make an early start to go to Cardiff to talk to a man about a trike. Late morning and we popped into Lidl on the way to Ikea (have to do as much as we can whilst we are there to justify the 150 mile round trip!) and I grabbed a Snickers bar as I was feeling quite faint by then............ 16.5 syns :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and it made me feel sick too!!

Ho-hum - extra 5 miles on the exercise bike tonight for me :sigh:

Sorry Michelle - yes you need 50 posts to read my diary as it is in the members only section (it's a bit more private as it doesn't get put into Google and keeps the one time wonder's out of it).

You should be able to read the 2 SW threads for newbies, but I'll post the water info here too. I found all this on a general thread (which I now can't find!)where all of the following was said.

Your metabolism needs water to work faster. The quicker your metabolism is, the quicker you burn fat.

Controls appetite ... sometimes you're thirsty, not hungry.

The more water you drink the less likely you are to retain water.

Also we all know more water helps clear the skin and generally makes you feel better for drinking it! Don't we girls & boys?

Apparently, the colder the better. Your body needs to use calories to warm it to body temperature.

Notes from me!
Don't get over-excited by this though. You will use only 10 extra calories per half pint.
Also, a word of warning - take care if drinking ice-cold water after exercise (when your core body temperature is raised) as it can be a "shock" to the system and may give you an upset tum. You might also find the same if drinking ice-cold water in a hot climate. You are far better off drinking water at room temperature in this instance.

Also don't drink ice-cold water after a hot meal - it just "sets" all the fat in your stomach and makes it harder to digest. You are far better off having warm water or something like green or herbal tea to aid digestion!

I weigh in at home on a Friday, but have started getting a bit obssessive about jumping on the scales in between "just to check".......... I might have to get my husband to hide them!
Deffo put the scales away! Your daily weight can vary by as much as 2-3 lbs. Some people weigh daily all the time so I experimented with it a while back just to see how my body worked. The most I put on in a single day was 0.6 kg (1¼ lb) but by the end of that week I'd lost 1 lb from the previous week. The most I lost in a day was 1 kg (about 2¼ lbs).

Thanks Pommette i will definitely try the water.How are you managing to loose then if you dont do EE, green or red.My con said maybe try some green days which i am doing to mix it up a bit.I also exercise about 4 times a week

I usually do 4 red days per week and the rest green. I only resort to EE when I want a slightly more flexible day - say if going out for a meal - and accept that I probably won't lose at all that week.

I'm a slow loser - usually a pound a week or less. Apart from last week, and don't ask me what I did differently as I don't really have a clue except I had fewer syns than normal.

I usually don't snack during the day as I find that if I have lots of veg and fruit with my meals at lunch and supper I don't feel that hungry. When I do feel the need to snack i keep it to frut most of the time although I do have a late night crisp addiction !!!

I've looked at lots of people's food diaries here on Mini's and at the quantities many people eat on SW. If I ate as much as that I would never lose at all.

It's all about your own body. I have a really slow metabolism - hence I lose slowly - but my hubby is just the opposite, has a very fast metabolism and loses weight really easily. He didn't need to lose any weight really (weighed 72 kg - 11:4 with a BMI of 24.1) but he's lost 6 kg (almost a stone) not by eating less but purely due to the fact that we eat the same SW meals and are having a lot less fat and oils. He's now only 10:5 with a BMI of 22 and is a skinny sole. I hate him at times !!!!

At the start of any method of losing weight you have to play around with things and see what works for you. As I said, when I came back to SW this year I started with the 7-day EE plan off the SW website plus another that a friend gave me from her class. I lost a grand ¼ and ½ pound in the first 2 weeks.
Then went back to 2 weeks of red/green and lost 3 and 3½ lbs in those 2 weeks. I thinbk my poor body was shocked in those 2 wwks as I've now settled into ½ or 1 lb a week loss.

If you're not losing a lot at the moment, just persevere, cut down on the caffeine (tea, coffee and coke as caffeine helps you retain water), up your water intake, eats lots of superspeed food - melon and berries work wonders for me.
SW is the only way I lose weight. I've tried WW in the past and lost 7 lbs in 6 months !!!! And I have to say I couldn't cope with the new points system and all the faffing with weighing and counting!

Thanks Pommette for all the info.Is there anywhere on here that gives examples of red days i've been searching but can't find any?

michelle1 said:
Thanks Pommette for all the info.Is there anywhere on here that gives examples of red days i've been searching but can't find any?

If you go on ebay, or your C may have some left there's a book called 100 food optimising days and it gives you a days plan for 100 days alternating between red and green. I bought it for the recipes from my group a little while ago. Also if you look on there for some of the older mags they will have them in.
I'm sure there will be some people in the food diarys section who follow red/green who've listed what they've eaten which might help.
You'll get there chick slow and steady like all of us here - but our mantra is slow off slow to go back on (1/2lb in 3 weeks!!!! Lol)

Just go onto the free part of the SW website and search for some recipes. There are quite a few that are free on red or have just a few syns. You just have to hunt around.

Recipes - Healthy Eating - Slimming World
I just entered BEEF in the search box and it came up with all those. You can also search by breakfast, lunch tea etc.

Also have a look in the recipe section on here there are some fantastic ones that people have posted.
Slimming World Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

*** EDIT ***
Oh and there's the Slimming Eats site that are all SW friendly recipes.
Posted by Minis member BritMuminCanada
http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/
There's an index at the bottom right where you can click on RED day recipes.

Last edited:
Oh dear - 1½ lbs gain. I told you it wasn't going to be a good week. :cry:

Can't even call that tortoise speed.
Anyone know of an animal that goes backwards? Managed not to go over my 2 st lost this year target but back over 80kg. Bah humbug. :break_diet:

Pommette said:
Oh dear - 1½ lbs gain. I told you it wasn't going to be a good week. :cry:

Can't even call that tortoise speed.
Anyone know of an animal that goes backwards? Managed not to go over my 2 st lost this year target but back over 80kg. Bah humbug. :break_diet:

You had a really good loss last week Pomette so I would say you more or less where you would have if that makes sense lol chin up xx

I agree with JennyC Pommette - just a "blip"..............

Back again!

Hi, everyone, I am back again and naturally join you all because I know my weight loss will be slow:sigh: I am ever the optimist!
Joined a class and first weigh in is Wednesday!:eek:

hi can i join please? i average at around a pound a week but the past 3 weeks i have STS, i have done the diet before and i always lose slow, ill have 1 good loss then 3 or 4 weeks of STS or gaining then losing the same 2 pound grr, its so frustrating especially when other people seem to lose 4 pounds regularly. i was told at group to expect to lose half a stone in the first 2 or 3 weeks, it took me 5 weeks, and the first stone in 6-8 weeks, ive now been joined 8 weeks and am stuck at a 9 pound weight loss. its weigh day tomorrow and i dont feel like ive lost a thing again. :(

Welcome Conlou. Well I've been on SW now since the end of May and only lost 4.5lbs!

We are mostly slow losers or STS on this thread, great support here and everyone is willing to take a look at your food diary etc and make suggestions. I have had some great pointers and insights since I joined :D

A lovely place to be if you aren't one of those that (infuriatingly) loses huge amounts of weight every week :rolleyes:

Slow and steady does it..............

thanks!! my friend does sw and she has a bad week and im talking fish and chips 3 times, bottles of wine, lager and chocolate and still manages to lose-i walk past a cheesecake and i STS, its so unfair!!! my sister lost 8 pound her first week, i stuck to it rigidly and lost 3 which is great, but not compared to most peoples first week losses and since then my losses have gotten less and less which exactly what happened the other times ive done it. i just cant seem to get away with stuff like other group members do, so im pleased ive found this group because at the minute i feel like im the only one who struggles to lose weight in my local group. weigh in again tomorrow, i have attempted a super speed day today to try speed my weight loss up

lou
x

I hear you Lou - my first week I lost a paltry 1lb and stuck to the plan like glue :sigh:

There are folks on this forum (but not on this thread) who have lost 1/2 a STONE their first week :eek: OMG!!

Yeah, we throw big losers off this thread ;-)

Lol. We know how you feel, although any slow loss for me this week will be the result of kids giving me chocolate for end of term !! Lol

You had a really good loss last week Pomette so I would say you more or less where you would have if that makes sense lol chin up xx

Thanks Jenny, you're right! I suspect that last weeks 4 lb drop was actually the more false reading - as I was really surprised that I'd lost that much. I think I might have been really dehydrated last Monday as it was really hot all last Sunday and I don't think I woke up for a drink all night. I had a good week but 2 lb was probably more realistic - so if you think in those terms I haven't put any on ! :D

Pommette said:
Thanks Jenny, you're right! I suspect that last weeks 4 lb drop was actually the more false reading - as I was really surprised that I'd lost that much. I think I might have been really dehydrated last Monday as it was really hot all last Sunday and I don't think I woke up for a drink all night. I had a good week but 2 lb was probably more realistic - so if you think in those terms I haven't put any on ! :D

Exactly :D

Back