The really slow loss team!

i fit in this as well you ladies would welcome a man. I average about 1lb per week and sometimes maintain for 2 to 3 weeks. I do eat alot of the free foods and do hit the gym 4- 5 times a week. I know the inches are coming off but every diet club/system is aimed a pounds lost.
Ooh - Stoo, welcome. A man to join our little harem

Hi Stoo! Welcome, our little gang is about being in control, feeling fitter and healthier, eating well and losing too many pounds gets you on the naughty step :)
Our main group thing is, we are still here even though we are slow!! X

Welcome Stoo and well done 2manycupcakes.

I hope to have got back to where I was prior to my 2 lbs gain.

I am on holiday too next week. :eek:

Planned meals are, 1. A carvery (which should be ok for EE)

2. Fish and Chips in a pub. (Will I remove the skin - hmmm)

3. A Christmas present of a cream tea in a hotel. (Just eat very modestly).

If I do gain again, well will have to jump back on the horse. Weigh in tomorrow night so will let you know.

PS. This thread really helps me psychologically - so thanks to you all. :)

Well I am astounded I actually lost for the first time since the beginning of August.
I lost 2lbs which was amazing but I don't need to join anyone on the naughty step just yet as my average weight loss is still less then 1lb a week as 7lbs lost in 8 weeks.
I really hope this isn't a repeat of ky usual pattern lose 2lbs then STS then 0.5lb gain here and there and a total loss of 0 by the end of the month.
I need to be more positive and it does,look like red days my way with fish is working.

Well done Latte.

We just have to keep going at this. I understand that SW operates on weekly weigh ins, but monthly would probably reflect true weight losses as all this on and off just gets you down, whereas if you found you had lost 4 lbs over a monthly period - you (we) would probably be delighted!

Well I am astounded I actually lost for the first time since the beginning of August.
I lost 2lbs which was amazing but I don't need to join anyone on the naughty step just yet as my average weight loss is still less then 1lb a week as 7lbs lost in 8 weeks.
I really hope this isn't a repeat of ky usual pattern lose 2lbs then STS then 0.5lb gain here and there and a total loss of 0 by the end of the month.
I need to be more positive and it does,look like red days my way with fish is working.

Woo-hooo!! Well done Latte - I know you were worried - so glad you got a good result at last :D

I mostly only do red or green days now as I find I either maintain or gain with EE........ too easy to overeat I find :eek: I do an odd EE here and there, but usually only if I am out for the day and have to rely on what I can buy rather than what I can cook myself.

I think I am looking at a gain this week, but I know where it came from, so that's not so bad :rolleyes: What I really hate is when you've been 100% as still maintain or even gain when others seem to be able to get away with all sorts of naughties and still lose :mad:

Keep up with your reds - let's hope you're on a roll :wee:

Thank you all so much.
This thread is invaluable to me as you all understand what I am going through and the support is amazing x
I shall keep everything crossed for all those who still have to weigh in this week

Hello all, sorry have been away for a while moving house! Glad to see everyone seems to be doing very well, slow and steady as per usual! Got my first weigh in since moving house tomorrow, and I'm not too hopeful since I couldn't really choose what I was eating at the weekend (really busy, no time to get to a supermarket, no time to cook etc), and went out for dinner to celebrate a friend's job on Saturday. Have also been on the high-end of 10 for syns this week, yesterday I had 12...eek

Also, I was doing just Red days, as like many people here I think I lose better on Red (remember that week when I lost 1.5!?) but now I've moved in with flatmates who always cook for each other, so I'm having to do a bit of EE as well. They know I'm on SW and generally we cook quite healthily, and I had a hand in planning the flat's meals this week, but I'm worried that syns will creep in accidentally.

e.g. yesterday we made beef stirfry with rice, and my flatmate only told me afterwards that she put in a bit of white wine and a bit of sesame oil in, after she specifically said that she was totally OK cooking just with FryLight. She said she only put a tiny bit in for a massive wok full, but still...Argh.. And have had to bring some of that in for lunch with me today, and the rice was all mixed in together, rather than keeping the meat and rice separate like I would have done, so I could have just had meat + veggies today for my Red day. ARGH :sigh:

It's got the potential to get me really upset, but I guess it's not a massive deal, I'll just have to see how it goes tomorrow at WI.

But I STS last week, and if I STS or put on this week I know I'm going to be disappointed! Guess I'll just have to get back on the wagon and tell my flatmates that sorry, I've got to be an ass, and just cook my own stuff. Really don't want to have to do that though!

Sigh. Hope everyone else is having an easier time of it!

xXx

Don`t know what`s wrong with me this week. Feeling really good and sticking to plan. Mostly green with the odd red thrown in for variety.

Have been throwing myself into my body magic and going for walks every day around the village. About an hour or so each day!! This is most unlike me!! :D
Usually have to force myself to do any but this week I`ve actually been looking forward to it. Even if the weather isn`t exactly been playing ball. Feels like a force 10 gale everytime I go out the door!! :D

Might have to go on the naughty step after WI tonight :D

well, ive had my op. feeling surprisingly ok. just had my 'last supper' got a pizza and chips and i must say it was rubbish. chips were cold and hard and pizza was cold. i ended up leaving alot of it thinking i could have cooked something much better myself. sp back on plan tomorrow. red days for the rest of the week, with maybe a green or extra easy thrown in on sat as its my little girls birthday. not up for exercise yet and wont be for a good week until im recovered but once i am there will be no stopping me. i got weighed at hospital today before my op and according to their scales i have put 7 pound on in 8 days. it took me 2 and a half months to lose 7 pound, how ridiculous is that? oh well no point dwelling.

well, ive had my op. feeling surprisingly ok. just had my 'last supper' got a pizza and chips and i must say it was rubbish. chips were cold and hard and pizza was cold. i ended up leaving alot of it thinking i could have cooked something much better myself. sp back on plan tomorrow. red days for the rest of the week, with maybe a green or extra easy thrown in on sat as its my little girls birthday. not up for exercise yet and wont be for a good week until im recovered but once i am there will be no stopping me. i got weighed at hospital today before my op and according to their scales i have put 7 pound on in 8 days. it took me 2 and a half months to lose 7 pound, how ridiculous is that? oh well no point dwelling.

Glad you are back safe and sound Lou :)

Put the gain behind you and get back on track now - I think sometimes a break is what the doctor ordered, otherwise it's too easy to start becoming obsessed with every little loss, gain or maintain :rolleyes:

Take good care of yourself and go slowly - don't overdo it!

thanks annya, i was getting obsessive and it was making me miserable. i wasnt well and i didnt need the pressure but now i should be ok and can just do it at my own pace. i decided that as im going to be this size longer than anticipated im going to buy some clothes that fit so i feel better in myself. so i bought a new coat that fits and im going to get some jeans and some nice flattering tops next week to tide me over til i fit in my other stuff. at least that way i will want to go out of the house instead of sitting in in my dressing gown all day cos i have nothing to wear hahaha.

hello to all new peeps !! *blows whistle*

i gained....1lb on ! i expected it but am kicking myself

glad your okay lou

thanks annya, i was getting obsessive and it was making me miserable. i wasnt well and i didnt need the pressure but now i should be ok and can just do it at my own pace. i decided that as im going to be this size longer than anticipated im going to buy some clothes that fit so i feel better in myself. so i bought a new coat that fits and im going to get some jeans and some nice flattering tops next week to tide me over til i fit in my other stuff. at least that way i will want to go out of the house instead of sitting in in my dressing gown all day cos i have nothing to wear hahaha.

Good on ya girl :hug99:

i gained....1lb on ! i expected it but am kicking myself

I too am expecting an expected gain on Friday Felicity. I too am kicking myself :sigh:

What can you do? I'll take it on the chin and press on :eek:

I'm on for a gain too. I had 3 days off plan bank holiday weekend because I was poorly and I gained 4.5lbs unofficially. WI tomorrow and I've been super on plan for 10 days and still carrying 3.5. We'll see.

I'm on for a gain too. I had 3 days off plan bank holiday weekend because I was poorly and I gained 4.5lbs unofficially. WI tomorrow and I've been super on plan for 10 days and still carrying 3.5. We'll see.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you :)

Thanks chick. You too. At least there's no danger of me being anywhere near the naughty step anytime soon.

So frustrating because I've got my holiday on 19th and part of my motivation was to lose as much as possible before that. Haven't even managed a stone since first week of June. I'm going to have a scan bran and super speed soup week from Friday. See what miracles that can conjour. Wooooo.

1/2 off better than expected! Seriously need to stop messing about but life keeps gettin in the way. All-dayer at Saturday for my mates mums hen do x

Back