The really slow loss team!

conlou1 said:
well i will go and take my place on the naughty step.

after checking my weight on my hospital notes from last wed i had put 4 and a half on, so decided to up the exercise and have done red days, i was expecting to have maybe lost the weight i gained after my week of binge but no...i lost that and another 2 and a half on top!!!!!

i cannot believe it! i think red days are the way forward for me, well see if i have another good loss next week, if i do do i have to leave :( xxx

WTG Conlou

I think Red days work the best...... But I find after a few days on them I do start to crave the carbs. I try a mix, although don't take my advice I put on last week and STS this week :)

Great result for you.... Hope u have found your successful plan.... Xx

Well done Conlou that is fantastic.

thanks guys i dont suppose it will last, nothing ever does eh? but im enjoying my glory while i can, ive had a few treats tonight so im happy. i may have a naughty bag of crisps lol. ive found my appetite has been less doing red days and im eating smaller portions. i will have to do one green a week to keep me *ahem* regular ;) but its about time i have had a decent loss, i know the bit i gained last week was probably mostly water retention from eating rubbish but still im pleased x

Sigh 1lb on and so the cycle continues.
Why can't I lose weight like ordinary people.
I know I went to London for the day but overall I have not gone over my weekly syns.
Should I peel my half stone sticker off my book :(

you are way to harsh on yourself! you know you had a weekend of macaroons, cupcakes and the herrings (which clearly make a difference for you). so you are normal and just like "ordinary people." also missing your meals out is not the best way either....i went to a wedding and gained a 1lb! so it happens to all of us and for some people they just cant deviate from plan whatsoever (without gaining).

Last edited:
Yep, I agree. I'm 52 now and have resigned myself to the fact that I will never see my beautiful chiseled cheekbones again :rolleyes: or my ribs for that matter :8855: :8855: :8855:

Slow and steady - we will get there. Take my advice and start measuring your body fat and vital stats too - you might pleasantly surprised!
My cheekbones were the first bits to re-emerge - which is why I suspect people are telling me I've lost enough weight when I still have a BMI of over 26. The ribs are starting to emerge but there is no absolutely no sign of any hip bones - unless I go on an excavation through the (still) flabby stomach!

Isn't it weird how we all differ in where we lose it from!

ha ha ha grannie annie !!!

my jeans are falling off me in some areas but not others, i lost on my waist/hips and bum (darn it) still waiting for the legs and baby belly to melt away

oooo i also wondered if we should do a getting to know you post? what do you think or is that way too personal? i would love to know more about you boys and girls

you are way to harsh on yourself! you know you had a weekend of macaroons and cupcakes and the herrings which clearly make a difference to you. so you are normal and like "ordinary people" also missing your meals out is not the best way either....i went to a wedding and gained a 1lb! so it happens and for some people they just cant deviate from plan whatsoever (without gaining).

That would be me :( Even one day's deviation can result in a STS or even a gain (depending how bad the deviation has been!).

It really hacks me off that some people can follow the plan 90% and still lose weight but I have to be 110% to even lose a ruddy pound :mad:

Ho-hum.......... rant over........ nobody ever told me life was fair :rolleyes:

Never a truer word spoken Annya.
Technically I only had about 90 to 95 syns for the whole week which means I should have at least STS as total syns can be 105 yet as my OH pointed out I am only meant to have 10 a day so I did go over for me.
As you said it isn't fair that some people can follow it 90% and lose I follow it 100% by averaging 15 syns a day and gain.

were all so different in every way, body shapes, weight, size etc so why would our metabolisms be any different? if your a slow loser, its not bbecause your doing anything wrong, it could just be the way you are. its rubbish and not fair but i think if you know that about yourself and accept it and make plans to accomodate it then youll crack it. i have gone back to what suits me, red days with the odd green, i lost 3 stone doing this before but i wanted to give ee another go but i have realised its just not for me, i cant eat alot of carbs and lose weight. i also cut my syns right back, if i wanted them i had them but if i was satisfied with the food i was having i didnt bother, i had a few every day cos i have salad cream on my salad and veg, and marmalade on toast etc but i didnt do what i did before and think 'ive got 10 syns left, what can i have with it' and 9 times out of ten i wouldnt even be hungry, i was just having them because they were there. but hey thats just me and its only been a week that ive managed to crack it for, so i may be eating my words next week lol.

were all so different in every way, body shapes, weight, size etc so why would our metabolisms be any different? if your a slow loser, its not bbecause your doing anything wrong, it could just be the way you are. its rubbish and not fair but i think if you know that about yourself and accept it and make plans to accomodate it then youll crack it. i have gone back to what suits me, red days with the odd green, i lost 3 stone doing this before but i wanted to give ee another go but i have realised its just not for me, i cant eat alot of carbs and lose weight. i also cut my syns right back, if i wanted them i had them but if i was satisfied with the food i was having i didnt bother, i had a few every day cos i have salad cream on my salad and veg, and marmalade on toast etc but i didnt do what i did before and think 'ive got 10 syns left, what can i have with it' and 9 times out of ten i wouldnt even be hungry, i was just having them because they were there. but hey thats just me and its only been a week that ive managed to crack it for, so i may be eating my words next week lol.

That's OK - words don't have any calories so you'll be fine :8855: :8855: :8855:

Seriously though, I agree you just have to accept that life isn't always fair and lose it as best you can in whatever time scale it takes..........

Prime example of how we're all different shapes and sizes. I've just got back from my pre-holibobs waxing and was chatting to my beautician about sw and weight loss etc. as you do!
Anyway, she's smaller than I am, a size 10-12 (I'm a 14), an inch shorter than me and she weighs a half a stone more than I do! How can that be? She's exactly where I want to be but weighs more. Another vote for Annya's inch taking and fat measurements and proof that the weight really isn't where it's all at. Rejoice slow losers. It's ain't all about how quick it comes off.

won't be threw out of this group this week - another 1lb off. But the good thing is that it takes me to the 2 1/2 stone award. So slow is getting there. Just think of a pound of butter. It's s fair size! How can I get my rewards posted?

won't be threw out of this group this week - another 1lb off. But the good thing is that it takes me to the 2 1/2 stone award. So slow is getting there. Just think of a pound of butter. It's s fair size! How can I get my rewards posted?

That's the way to look at it Evie - a pound of fat is a whole mug full..... indeed someone has it shown in their signature (can't remember who now) and its pretty graphic stuff!! If I can remember I'll put a link on here..........

Stickers can be cut and pasted into your siggy by following this LINK - just hover over the one/s you want, right click, select copy then paste it direct into your signature.

Hope that helps and well done on your loss - slow and steady does it :)

Hello ladies, sorry I've been a bit quite recently been ver busy preparing for the arrival of my new puppy tomorrow!!!

Anyway I wanted to share my weigh in news. I lost 1.5lbs tonight and finally got that elusive 1 1/2st award and I win the raffle for the first time since I started in January. There was one more thing..........oh yea.......I GOT MY TARGET AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????

jennyc_uk said:
Hello ladies, sorry I've been a bit quite recently been ver busy preparing for the arrival of my new puppy tomorrow!!!

Anyway I wanted to share my weigh in news. I lost 1.5lbs tonight and finally got that elusive 1 1/2st award and I win the raffle for the first time since I started in January. There was one more thing..........oh yea.......I GOT MY TARGET AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????

Jenny that is great news

Congratulations :)

And a new puppy as a reward..... What are you getting??

In danger of being thrown off the team!!

2.5lbs off and got my 1.5stone award!!:D

Current target 9 1/2 stone (currently 10st 1lb).
Not sure if that`s ok or if I should lower it again. Haven`t been in the 8`s for many years.

BTW it`s not just the knickers that need changing. Got myself measured in M&S yesterday. At my biggest my bra size was 36F. (the belly was even bigger!!lol). Now wearing 36DD. When she measured me the assistant told me I was now 36C.
Back to where I was 20 years ago. (the belly is still there, but smaller. Working on it!!)

I suppose saying goodbye to my cleavage is a price worth paying!!:D

Just need to remember how to update my signature!!

Back