The really slow loss team!

wowzers grannie annie you can stay cracking the whip to those of us beneath you on the step (its cold today), have you changed anything recently (apart from your undies) i mean food wise ?? i am really struggling to stay focused and motivated

Until about a month ago my losses were pretty pathetic despite staying to plan. I`ve upped the exercise considerably.
I now go for a very brisk walk every day lasting about an hour. I have an exercise machine that I use for about 15 mins and do zumba at home for about 45 mins.

OH seriously considering phoning the doc!! This is REALLY not like me!! :D

On a more serious note, I felt I need to get an exercise routine in place before winter. I suffer from SAD and last winter was particularly bad. I had read that if you get outside for about 20-30 mins per day can really help the symptoms. I knew that if I didn`t sort myself out in advance I`d hibernate like I did every other year and be in danger of undoing all my hard work over the past few months.

Cleogin said:
Jenny that is great news

Congratulations :)

And a new puppy as a reward..... What are you getting??

Thanks hun
We are getting a black Labrador :D I'm so excited lol

Half back on. In true Helen style!

It'll be off again next week Helen.

Have you tried Success Express yet? I should do it again as I lost 2lbs that week (unheard of for me!), but it was EXTREMELY arduous I must admit - especially for my dear husband who has enough trouble getting his head round red/green days :rolleyes:

I heard of folks losing 4-6lbs in a week easily, so a mere 2lbs was true to my tortoise form :sigh:

We can do this - onwards and downwards this week :) I weigh in tomorrow - we shall see if I can break the back of my seemingly regular 0.2lb losses?

Watch this space..........

Annya said:
It'll be off again next week Helen.

Have you tried Success Express yet? I should do it again as I lost 2lbs that week (unheard of for me!), but it was EXTREMELY arduous I must admit - especially for my dear husband who has enough trouble getting his head round red/green days :rolleyes:

I heard of folks losing 4-6lbs in a week easily, so a mere 2lbs was true to my tortoise form :sigh:

We can do this - onwards and downwards this week :) I weigh in tomorrow - we shall see if I can break the back of my seemingly regular 0.2lb losses?

Watch this space..........

Thanks Annya. To be honest, I'm ok with it. I think it's undeserved but I have deduced that if I deviate from plan even for an afternoon (or ten minutes in this weeks case) it wrecks my whole week. I only had a hot dog on a bbq and half a can of lager but it's the only thing I did off plan.

I joined SW in the first place to be more comfortable on my holiday which is Monday and I originally hoped for 2 stone. I went for it 100% but obviously, as I'm older now, it's proving slower than I'd hope. That said, I can make healthier choices now I know the basics and enjoy my holiday.
May try SE when I return and go hell for leather on the run up to xmas. They'll be no pressure then and maybe if I relax a little it'll speed up a little. Maybe I can get an 8lb-er like a lady in my group did this week! 8lbs? Took me 9 weeks to get that much!

Good luck for WI tomorrow. I'll be watching!

Thanks Annya. To be honest, I'm ok with it. I think it's undeserved but I have deduced that if I deviate from plan even for an afternoon (or ten minutes in this weeks case) it wrecks my whole week. I only had a hot dog on a bbq and half a can of lager but it's the only thing I did off plan.

I joined SW in the first place to be more comfortable on my holiday which is Monday and I originally hoped for 2 stone. I went for it 100% but obviously, as I'm older now, it's proving slower than I'd hope. That said, I can make healthier choices now I know the basics and enjoy my holiday.
May try SE when I return and go hell for leather on the run up to xmas. They'll be no pressure then and maybe if I relax a little it'll speed up a little. Maybe I can get an 8lb-er like a lady in my group did this week! 8lbs? Took me 9 weeks to get that much!

Good luck for WI tomorrow. I'll be watching!

Enjoy your holiday and start again when you get back my lovely. You have healthy attitude, which is more than can be said for some.

I too try to be philosophical about the fact that it appears my fat loves me so much it just can't bear to leave me despite being far more on plan than many I could mention :rolleyes:

well done those whove had losses, whether big or small, a loss is a loss.

im managing quite well still on red days and so far have stuck to my set days for exercise. i went monday and wednesday. so just got another session saturday and thats it done this week. i went to my mums for tea and this is normally a killer for the plan and i slowly slide off it from tonight until monday but tonight i took my own food and stayed away from all the yummy pizza and cheesey pasta, quite proud of myself. very eager to see if i have had a loss but i have put my scales away and arent getting weighed midweek, cos i just drive myself mad with it and there is no point, they are different scales. got a friend coming with wine tomorrow, so hoping i can manage to stay on plan, im thinking a green day will be better than red as i can have stodge then, fingers crossed it works and i dont undo all my good work by falling head first off the wagon-again. any tips for something yummy on green? like snacky free food?

Last edited:
Another disappointing week for me.... I lost 0.4lb this week - less than I was expecting :(

Still, I suppose it's better than the 0.2lb I have been losing for the past fortnight :sigh:

I wouldn't mind so much, but I have been 100% again this week apart from one very small blip on Saturday........... most people would still have lost a couple of pounds :cry:

I have decided to give it til the end of this month and then try VLCD to kick start me if I haven't started shifting it at a reasonable pace............ this is clearly not really working for me.........

Annya said:
Another disappointing week for me.... I lost 0.4lb this week - less than I was expecting :(

Still, I suppose it's better than the 0.2lb I have been losing for the past fortnight :sigh:

I wouldn't mind so much, but I have been 100% again this week apart from one very small blip on Saturday........... most people would still have lost a couple of pounds :cry:

I have decided to give it til the end of this month and then try VLCD to kick start me if I haven't started shifting it at a reasonable pace............ this is clearly not really working for me.........

0.4 lbs is still almost half a pound though Annya. If it came off any quicker, you wouldn't be the proud slow loser you are!
I do totally understand how you feel though. Like we were saying yesterday, it's so frustrating to not be able to have even a chocolate button off plan when some people have takeway's, cocktails, goodness knows what else and still lose 3lbs.

The way I see it is for us it's a massive struggle but this can only work in our advantage. Because it's so hard to lose and takes so long to get where we want to be, I think the opportunity to slip off is greatly reduced once we are at target. I sure as hell don't want to do this again. I speak from my own experience. Ww, old points worked a dream for me. I lost 3.5 stone in about 8 months. 3 years later, when I noticed I was packing on a bit, I didn't panic because ww would always be there and it was so easy. Well, it wasn't always there and pro points came to burst my bubble. Rubbish. Hence SW and all of this. However, long term I can eat like this every day. It's so easy and my fella likes it too.

Stay with it Annya. Bet you'll surprise yourself one of these weeks.

oh hun :( its so gutting isnt it especially when you have stayed on plan all week. what does your c say? does doing success express or red/green days not make a difference? big hugs. theres no shame in trying different diets, some work better for some people than others and at the end of the day our goal is the same, to lose weight, and it doesnt matter which way we get there, although if you do switch to another form of dieting i think you should still chat to us on here :) theres a lady in our group, she does a food diary almost every week, she syns everything and sticks to it religiously and hardly ever loses, the c has looked at everything and cant see where shes going wrong at all, and i really feel for her as at the other end of the scale theres people who lose 4 and 5 pound a week regularly, yet they slip off plan almost every week :/ doesnt seem fair at all.

0.4 lbs is still almost half a pound though Annya. If it came off any quicker, you wouldn't be the proud slow loser you are!
I do totally understand how you feel though. Like we were saying yesterday, it's so frustrating to not be able to have even a chocolate button off plan when some people have takeway's, cocktails, goodness knows what else and still lose 3lbs.

The way I see it is for us it's a massive struggle but this can only work in our advantage. Because it's so hard to lose and takes so long to get where we want to be, I think the opportunity to slip off is greatly reduced once we are at target. I sure as hell don't want to do this again. I speak from my own experience. Ww, old points worked a dream for me. I lost 3.5 stone in about 8 months. 3 years later, when I noticed I was packing on a bit, I didn't panic because ww would always be there and it was so easy. Well, it wasn't always there and pro points came to burst my bubble. Rubbish. Hence SW and all of this. However, long term I can eat like this every day. It's so easy and my fella likes it too.

Awww thanks Hels - you always know what to say :bighug:I am not a very proud slow loser at the moment - I seem to be VERY slow compared to a lot of the slow losers here and am beggining to wonder if my turn will ever come :sigh:

Sadly my dear husband HATES this plan - he says it's too much faffing about - and as he does most of the cooking that isn't helping at the moment, although he does stick to what I ask for... albeit with lots of sighing and muttering under his breath :p As he says "What's the use in all this can't eat this with that if you're not really losing weight anyway"........... and TBH I am not quite sure how to answer him at the moment :rolleyes:

It's not that he isn't supportive, it's just that he senses how disappointed I am and doesn't want me to put myself through it. It might help if he didn't prefer women with a "bit of cuddle" as he puts it - he doesn't actually think I need to lose weight at all :eek:

Ho-hum............. these things are sent to try us :sigh:

(((((((hugs))))))) Annya. I lost half a flippin pound as well. i understand your pain and dissapoinment i really do! i am struggling this week as well as i wonder if it is all worth it. in total i have lost 8 lbs but with another 8 to go i doubt if i can stand this rollercoaster anymore. i despair when i hear people say they dont know how they lost, despite eating off plan etc especially as this plan takes allot of time and effort (and cash and preparation). I know my hormones are running mad and are influencing my decisions this week but its hard work.

what options exactly will you consider do you think?

why is pro points so different hels?

felicity62 said:
why is pro points so different hels?

It just didn't fit me. You get your standard daily points which were calculated differently (carbs, protein, fat and fibre) to the old style (calories and sat fat) which was a faff in itself. Then there's a bank of 49 bonus/extra points that no one seemed to know if you had to eat, should eat, never eat, only eat in emergencies. I hated weighing and measuring and I live at home so was most of the time given food that I couldn't calculate. On top of that, I was hungry, miserable and one perfect week I put on something like 3 lbs for no reason at all. My consultant said "oops, never mind" and moved me aside to weigh the next person. I tried 3 separate times and just didn't get in with it.
That said, my friend's doing it and it doing brilliantly. It's just not for me.

Anya do u go to a group? What's your consultant said?
Have you tried mixing up your HEs? I found I was having milk and weetabix everyday and just having the odd slice of toast or piece of cheese instead made a difference. R u having your 1/3 superfree and can you increase it if you are? Try doing SAS logs as well to help find a pattern. It is frustrating but sometimes we do get in a routine with it x

Anya do u go to a group? What's your consultant said?
Have you tried mixing up your HEs? I found I was having milk and weetabix everyday and just having the odd slice of toast or piece of cheese instead made a difference. R u having your 1/3 superfree and can you increase it if you are? Try doing SAS logs as well to help find a pattern. It is frustrating but sometimes we do get in a routine with it x

I went to a first meet to get the books and the "pep talk" but go it alone at home as I can't afford to go to class every week and nearest one to me is nearly 15 miles away anyway and with rural petrol the price it is it's another fiver just to get there :eek:

I keep a diary on here and have had loads of people look at it and they all say I'm doing everything right. I don't do EE - it doesn't work for me at all - so I mix Red and Green days, but I still have absolutely LOADS of veg - at least half and sometimes 2/3 of my plate is full of veggies........ I LOVE THEM.....so there's no way I'm not getting enough superfree!

I weigh and measure all my HEx carefully and make sure that I ring the changes with them frequently (especially the Bs) as I do get bored of eating the same thing all the time.

I just have to accept that I lose slowly on SW - but at least I know I'm not alone. As I said, I will give it 'til the end of the month then possibly try a VLCD again - I lost 2 stones in 8 weeks a few years back on Lighter Life and kept it off for 2 years as well, so I know it works for me.

Perhaps I will revisit SW to maintain once the flab has initially gone.........

Back