The really slow loss team!

Lou you should have shouted the assistant VERY loudly across new look saying "do you happen to have a size 10 in this one it appears to be slightly on the large side?" ha ha ha

hels shimmy around in those trousers girl *woot woot*

alsmum keep strong you can do it

acc at least you know you had a bad weekend gain to explain things

A not unexpected half pound on for me this week :sigh: that makes a total of 2lbs over the past fornight. Hopefully the steroid bloat should start to settle and I will start to go back down soon.........

Hels - let's have a melon-fest together this week :D

Melon, grapefruit and beans. I've got my food optimising book out, I'm making a list and if it's not speed or super speed I'm not eating it. Today at least. (apart from the potato in my soup! Oh and the chick pea in my home made hummous) It's harder than it sounds, this super speed thing!

I just had a huge piece of melon for breakfast - okay it's late but I've only just got up! late night . . . again

Annya - sounds as though half pound is a result with the increase in the steroids.

Acc - looks like you know where yours has come from too.

Scales STILL being nice to me today so keep your fingers crossed until Monday please. It is looking very hopeful that I will lose. Yay .....

First test coming up. Hubby`s birthday today and son`s birthday yesterday. Lunch at Wetherspoons with the birthday boys.

Will still optimise as much as possible.
Still got a bottle of plonk from my miss slinky win no doubt it will meet its end at some point today!! :)

hey everyone, hope youve all had a good day??

ive been very very good today, been working all afty at my now 2 cleaning jobs, so im walking for upto an hour and a half to get there and back, 20 minutes between jobs and 2 hours solid cleaning at each job so 4 in total, so thats a total of almost 6 hours exercise in 1day!! althought today i cheated and got the bus there and my good old mum took me home cos im a poorly girl :( full of cold today and not really feeling much like eating anything, mum made me have a steak and broccolli at hers and i made a red day soup, i grated 3 onions fried it in fry light, put in pork, bacon with fat off, carrots, tin of chopped tomatos, 1 and a half pints of chicken stock, loads of mushrooms, fresh coriander and ground coriander, fresh basil, and i think that was it...thats free isnt it?? was very tasty!!

felicity, you say your not feeling motivated atm..why hunni?? c'mon girly, you can do it!!!

annya, hugs on the gain. hope your steroids dont affect you too much.

i have been prepared this week, and have done my online shopping its getting delivered tomorrow!! ive ordered lots of walnuts as im going to have these as my healthy b's as im cutting out bread and cereals for a while and just doing red days. im at a friends tomorrow but have decided to just take 2 cans of the slimline ready mixed gin and tonic and buy an extra bottle of slimline tonic to add to it as they are doubles in the cans.

Last edited:
felicity62 said:
i had a bag of chip shop chips...with scraps.....with curry sauce last night *feels guilty now*

That was yesterday, munchkin. Today is Saturday. New day without chips. Embrace the non chip day :)

felicity62 said:
i had a bag of chip shop chips...with scraps.....with curry sauce last night *feels guilty now*

Love chips wuth scraps,but you cant get then where I live,but hubby from yorkshire and he gets some each time we go over,naughty but very nice:-D :-D

Had a very healthy meal yesterday of salmon with jacket potato & veg.

Gotta get used to trying to maintain now. Feels odd after trying to lose weight for so long. Determined not to slip up again!!

Hello my lovelies I hope you are all doing ok x thank goodness Orlando airport has free wi fi as I have been trying to catch up and our flight is delayed.
Had a good time but it was so tiring and we over estimated how much I could do and walk around. My husband was fantastic and we took everything at my pace which was great.
Food wise OMG I won't say a lot more then that but I will consider the scales on Tuesday kind if it is less then 6lbs !
Hope all you tortoises are good and I am looking forward to joining you again after my break. Got my first weigh in back on Tuesday and I have paid for a 6 week countdown to start Tuesday so no excuses till Christmas !

Evening peeps - back after a weekend away at our apartment! And a boring committee meeting where noone has done any of their actions since the last one.

Food-wise, I've been pretty good all week apart from slipping up on a couple of vodka and cokes too many! :wave_cry: But I'm only 3 syns over for the week so I should be ok! We'll see in the morning although I'm feeling very bloated tonight. :sigh:

See you tomorrow girlies & welcome back Latte sounds like you had a great holiday.

Hello all,

Can I join you?

I've been doing SW properly since December last year from home as money's really tight and I work funny shifts meaning I can't always get to a class.

Up until June I was doing really well but ever since then I've had a lot of STS's and a few gains and very rarely lose more than 1lb a week (the smallest amount I can lose since my scales don't measure in half pounds). Since June I've averaged 0.5lb a week. I know it's a loss but it's got me down in the last couple of weeks as at this rate it'll be another year before target (and that's provided my losses don't slow down anymore).

The next few weeks are going to be stressful - I have to hand in my final essays for my Master's degree on 9th December. Last week I was reaching for chocolate a lot when I was stressing, I really don't want to be doing that for the next three weeks so I've drawn a line under it.

I also have my niece's first birthday this weekend. This means I'll be staying with my brother for the weekend with very little control over what I'm eating and will be out for at least one meal if not two!

Morning peeps - and welcpome helzzz. Nice to have another tortoise with us!

1 lb off for me this week. Which, thankfully, breaks the run of gains and finally puts me back where I was 6 weeks ago.

Right - let's start again! This getting to target lark is proving a tad tricky !!!

hey everyone, i have no clye how ive done this week, i think ive done ok, i seem to have cracked the drinking and not piggin out the next day thing, so even though i had a drink saturday night i was good yesterday. i have stuck to red days all week and have done lots of walking. had a sneaky peeky at my scales this morning and its saying ive gained :/ cant moan if i have as i was naughty and had a good loss last week, so probably just catching up with me. its odd though cos i feel slimmer? its been the first week ive not done my pennies in a jar or kept a food diary so i may have been naughtier than i thought. so ill see how ive done and if it is a gain ill just go back to basics again.

we have a big night out in 2 weeks so are having a nice chilled out weened this weekend, weve been so busy socially im actually looking forward to a weekend cosied up watching x factor and im a celebrity!! oh how times have changed haha

Or buy a new battery Lou if they are electronic! :D

Back