The really slow loss team!

Thank you so much Pomme I am glad it improved things for you. I just need to see what the consultant says.
Lou I can't take agnus castus as it interferes with the pill but I can honestly say metformin improved my moods 100% I can't imagine life without it. Well I did try to come off it and ended up fainting in Selfridges after my blood sugars dropped.
It is a hard pill to get used to as it has horrible effects on the stomach for a few weeks and you have to build up your tolerance.

i have ibs latte, maybe this is why the doctor didnt want to prescribe it when i went years ago, if im honest i cant remember why he didnt give me it straight away but that sounds feesable doesnt it? i think ill try the herbal route, once i get slimmer my periods tend to regulate a bit, but the bigger i am the worse my symptoms seem to be. i really dont want to go on the pill and this is why hubby had the snip cos i hate the pill so much it makes me go really weird and gives me panic attacks. im still gonna go to docs cos i think it needs investigating and he told me to wait until end of jan and if things arent any better to go back, they arent any better theyre worse...so back i go! i bloody hate having to go to the doctors

I can't believe the massively sh1t time we're all having. I'm so sorry for all of you lovely ladies. It really is a pain in the bum. I hope you all get better soon.
Funnily enough I was talking only the other day with my friend who suffers from PCOS about my slow losing tendancies and she started asking all these weird questions. She said she thought I had all the symptoms of PCOS. I don't really know much about it and just thought my 23 day cycle or 35 day cycle, hairy chest, torso, beard, chronic periods etc. were just part of me. My doctor told me my periods would settle down in time. I think 20 years is enough time! I'm not on any form of contraception anymore, not for 5 years because it screwed me up and I had yeast infections every month for 4 years. I always assumed they'd not diagnose anything unless I was trying to conceive. I'm not at all saying that I'm a sufferer but do doctors just do tests if you ask? It might not hurt to at least test...

All of this is really interesting. I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago when I was about 25, but don't honestly think I show symptoms such as excess hair .... Having said that, hair on my legs and underarms does grow like grass. If I shave my legs in the morning, they feel rough by evening. When I had a scan of my ovaries they said they could only see one because my bladder was hiding the other, but the one they could see was apparently a "text book example". I went on to have a son a few years later. I've had a 21 day cycle since I was 14 but over the last 12 to 18 months that's been changing.
I went to the docs a few years ago about struggling to lose weight and she referred to me to hops where I saw this @rse of a doctor. He looked about 12 and was stick thin. He said, "it is a fact, Mrs Smith, that if you eat less and exercise more, you will lose weight."
I ended up in tears and even the nurse who was with us told me his was a knobhead.
I was prescribed metformin and I tried for a few weeks but it made me so ill I had to stop. So where to now? Back to the docs?

wow how fascinating that a few of us in this slow losing group have pcos!!! i cant believe that doc said that!!! what an ignorant ass wipe.
i have just ordered agnus castus and evening primrose mixed with starflower oil from holland and barret as theyre supposed to regulate hormones and loads ofother benefits. theres black cohosh, dandelion root, red clover, dong quai...all of those are supposed to help too, but didnt think taking them all together would help lol. ive picked the ones that most suit my symptoms...maybe google the others and see if any suit your symptoms? i know black cohosh is supposed to be **** hot for helping hormonal imbalances. everytime i take agnus castus i either get pregnant or have a period so its my own stupid fault for stopping taking it. ill let you know how i get on x

:D oh I'm sorry, that made me laugh. That bit about getting pregnant made it sound like you have about 14 kids :D
I'm definitely going to look into the these herbal remedy thingies

Sorry if I miss people out I am on my phone.

Lou I now have ibs but I got it after the endo so I had already been taking metformin for years. I am on a really high dosage higher then some diabetics I know !

Hels sorry but to me they sound like classic PCOS symptoms. Mine have settled down a lot but they do flare up from time to time.

Meadow I was also told I was imagining my inability to lose weight and eat less exercise more etc etc. The amount of times I saw a dietitian or Dr who just didn't believe me and thought I was lying about how little I eat. Sod them all I was right when I got my PCOS diagnosis and knew it wasn't my fault.

At 13 I was sent to the obese clinic at the children's hospital to have my fat pinched and weighed every week. I only found out it was PCOS and my hormones when I was 26. For years I have struggled and I know I need to eat less then the majority of people in order to lose weight. I have lost it before several times but then life happens and I end up obese all over again.

so sorry so many of you are feeling :jelous:

its so hard isn't it.

i had awful news this morning from my dietician - my bowel needs to rest so for a week or so i have to have fluids only - so high calorie drinks now for me, and i have to consider having TPN feed because my bowel problem is so bad (where a tube feeds you into your vein)

i came home and ate a cadbury caramel in defiance - then sobbed making up the bl00dy high calorie drink.

so now i'll be hungry - and will loose weight even more slowly as she's prescribed me 2000 calories a day in drinks! :cool:

saidan

wow, thats severe hunny! will you need a central line to get it? you will be in hospital if they start it

wow, its a real interesting read how you girls have gathered on the clow loss team with your conditions! i mean i know its probably to blame but all the same?

i think i suffer from it mildly as well. not diagnosed or anything

felicity62 said:
Lou, you can see gains with gym training but i wouldnt have thought it after one week, are you drinking plenty of fluids (water not gin or wine)? there are allot of toxins released when you return to exercise and they need help to be flushed out. eventually with exercise you have a better metabolism, in that it functions better if that makes sense? its constant and more effective with no peaks and troughs.

what a shame you only lost a 1lb after all your hard work??! get back on the track hun and keep going we promised to kick you up the arse and i am kicking *kicks* today is a new day. i have to say yes sucess express will work BUT its not sustainable really is it? it worries me folks may gain when stoping it but thats just my ill informed opinion.plus 50 syns isnt enough 10 per day is the law

meadow bankles i left my group for financial reasons but i would have switched if i were to have kept going. my C was also pants whereas other groups were rocking ( i went along to a diff group one week but got there too late). try another group without your sllimming buddy LOL

Pommette i am absorbing your coolness, which is excellent advice btw!

greedy guts well done !! do you run allot i am convinced running is the best fat burnng exercise around

Hels your getting married !!?? how exciting and big congratulations to you xx well done for eating chips and mayo*drools* but today is another day. get back to it

LOu, it appears i stayed the same, hence why i apologised for my panic (again) i go on my tummy bloat as my guide for weight gain which is squiffing things for me i think

I used to run twic

felicity62 said:
Lou, you can see gains with gym training but i wouldnt have thought it after one week, are you drinking plenty of fluids (water not gin or wine)? there are allot of toxins released when you return to exercise and they need help to be flushed out. eventually with exercise you have a better metabolism, in that it functions better if that makes sense? its constant and more effective with no peaks and troughs.

what a shame you only lost a 1lb after all your hard work??! get back on the track hun and keep going we promised to kick you up the arse and i am kicking *kicks* today is a new day. i have to say yes sucess express will work BUT its not sustainable really is it? it worries me folks may gain when stoping it but thats just my ill informed opinion.plus 50 syns isnt enough 10 per day is the law

meadow bankles i left my group for financial reasons but i would have switched if i were to have kept going. my C was also pants whereas other groups were rocking ( i went along to a diff group one week but got there too late). try another group without your sllimming buddy LOL

Pommette i am absorbing your coolness, which is excellent advice btw!

greedy guts well done !! do you run allot i am convinced running is the best fat burnng exercise around

Hels your getting married !!?? how exciting and big congratulations to you xx well done for eating chips and mayo*drools* but today is another day. get back to it

LOu, it appears i stayed the same, hence why i apologised for my panic (again) i go on my tummy bloat as my guide for weight gain which is squiffing things for me i think

I used to run twice a week before Christmas and go to the gym. Now I'm running 3 times a week and do about 12-15 miles overall. Very addictive!! I just have to get the eating right to lose weight xx

felicity
i had a central line before for TPN but whilst in hospital....to have TPN at home its usually a PICC line in your arm.

my dietician is contacting my bowel surgeons etc to come up with a plan. we have talked about it on/off for a few years - but i had bowel surgery 14 weeks ago and they hoped it would fix the problem. It hasn't sadly and we need to figure out where we go from here.

todays menu looks like this:
b: diet coke, and a cup of tea
l: 200ml complan drink
d: 200m ensure plus drink
sn: copious amounts of tea & diet coke. i should have 2 more drinks but don't want to put on weight :cry:

re all the PCOS/IBS issues here. I think it is typical of slow weight loss that all you girls are having the same issues.
just have to find a way to manage the weight, or find a medication that helps. its not fair......

have a good day all

saidan

After everyone's bad news I am uncomfortable reporting a 3lb loss :-(
I'm only doing it as I will need your support next week as I NEVER lose this kind of number, and am assuming that I will be battling to STS next week.
I'm gonna slink off to the naughty step, but am sending lots of good wishes to all for this week x

pcos officially sucks!!! i always had irregular periods, ive never had a regular one in my life other than when i was on the pill. i took the pill for years and my weight fluctuated but not massively and i lost weight fairly easy, as soon as i came off the pill i put a stone and a half on very quickly, so i used tablets and starving myself to try to lose weight but obviously i couldnt lose it, id lose a pound or 2 but end up back where i started, but i wasnt too bothered as we were trying for a baby and i knew as soon as i got caught i would put weight on anyway...but i couldnt get caught as i wasnt having periods, i was having one every 5 months, my skin was hurrendous and my mood swings even worse. i went to doctors and he took loads of blood tests, he diagnosed me with it and referred me to an endocrinologist who agreed and discussed metformin/chlomid to get my periods going again, and i was racking my brain last night about that meeting and i remembered he wrote to my doctor saying he could prescribe me metformin but it was upto me if i wanted to take it and my doctor would have to monitor me...which was why he didnt prescribe me it. my doctor said i would benefit from losing half a stone (i wasnt much over weight at this point) but i fell pregnant, unfortunately it wasnt to be. i went back on the pill cos i had a bit of a breakdown after the miscarriage and needed a break from it all. i felt loads better, went on holiday and when we got back i decided to lose some weight as it had crept up a bit more. so i joined sw for the first time it was september 2008, i weighed 11 stone 1 and a half, so not majorly over weight, i set my target at 8 and a half stone (yeah right!) and i got down to 10 stone 4 between september and december, then i fell pregnant with ruby...i think the diet and agnus castus helped together cos my periods regulated to every 5 weeks! which is unheard of! after ruby i went on the pill and went back to sw i lost 4 stone in 8 months, but i think it was cos i was on the pill, but i started getting panic attacks and i had pnd and the pill was making it worse so had to stop taking it, i started taking agnus castus as soon as i stopped taking the pill so that my periods would stay regular and i fell pregnant with my other daughter! hubby had the snip, cos i didnt want to go on the pill again and we decided 3 was enough kids. so i was taking agnus castus, but after he had the snip and before his all clear we DTD once unprotected and i fell pregnant again. unfortunately not meant to be. and now since that last time my body is seriously messed up, ive had 1 period since may 2010, yes ive been pregnant full term and once briefly in that period of time but still its ridiculous. my symptoms are easy weight gain, hard to lose weight, hair thinning and falling out (on my head...would be nice if it was on my body haha) mood swings, stabbing pains, lots of spots. so far i have avoided the excess hair growth on my body, ive always been a bit hairy any way so its nothing out of the ordinary! and thats my history with it all really. i would love to have a regular cycle, i am sure it would help my moods etc.

les, dont worry hun, you wasnt to know :D im ok with it, just one or 2 of them things isnt it? sh1t happens as they say! ive done my time of mourning, i have 3 beautiful kids and im very very lucky as i know lots of people who have pcos cant concieve so i never take that for granted.

anyway, i am sat with a bowl of fruit and a muller light. not sure what last nights little lack of motivation outburst was about, think i went too long without food, that always affects my mood!! so knew plan, eat little and often. and next friday when i have my manic day i am packing myself up a sw friendly sandwich and fruit cos i dont want to be going all day on no food ever again

Cleo don't feel embarrassed ups or downs we are all here for each other and you have done brilliantly x

Saidan I am so sorry about your health. I don't mean to intrude but should you be doing SW or any diet/healthy eating plan ?

After everyone's bad news I am uncomfortable reporting a 3lb loss :-(
I'm only doing it as I will need your support next week as I NEVER lose this kind of number, and am assuming that I will be battling to STS next week.
I'm gonna slink off to the naughty step, but am sending lots of good wishes to all for this week x

Oh no Sarah, don't you feel bad!

Good on you girl - take your hard-earned loss and get on that naughty step my lovely............. :wee::woohoo::party0011::party0049:

Back