The really slow loss team!

Pommette said:
Well I've just re-read this and after a very strange evening I realise that I was actually talking a load of bulls doodah! The only true bit is that I've gained ½ lb.

Hubby and I had a chat earlier today and from his perspective he says I've been a real pain all week. He reckons I've been obsessing with the scales, obsessing with food and snacking left right and centre.

Once he said it I realised he was right! I've had a light bulb moment - in reverse.

I've been all over the place since xmas and have decided tonight to actually called a halt for a few weeks.

I have been at this losing weight lark for over 5 years - albeit not for ALL of them, just 2 and a bit! Never in all that time have I been obsessive about food or snacked on rubbish. Well this week I have been doing both and it has been driving me and t'other half crazy.

So I am having a pause for a few weeks and see if I can get this obsession out of my head. I'm going to stick to SW principles and maintain for a couple of weeks (well I did it for 3 years!) and then refocus and carry on.

It's all just getting a bit much and being obsessive about food and my weight, which I now realise I have been this week, is just not healthy.

I will not be deserting you though chicas - I'll still be here to crack the whip at you and dole out lines when needed - so don't think you can slack! :eek::eek::eek:

Night girlies

Pomette, I think you are so right!

If its getting to the stage where you feel that way, then a bit of a step back is a good idea. We all know the plans so well that sometimes I think that is the problem, as we then stress about little deviations whereas "slim" people live their lives having naughty days and don't beat themselves up about it.
You still have a life , a nice social & friendly life too, and it's for enjoying.
Make sure you still visit though..... We need you here xx

i agree, a break is a good thing when you get like that. ive had a few breaks since last may and i always come back to it with a great loss and feeling calmer about it. as you have said to me before pom..the batlle is in your head, and it is, and when you get to that point where you think you cant have anything and then start snacking and obsessing its depressing. i hope you come on here still as your support is brilliant and i need you!! :D

this is going to sound really daft but can you lose weight from just one area? ive woke up this morning and my collar bone and chest area feels a lot more boney! i actually have sticky out collar bones! anyway thats my little thought of the day haha

Pomme I think we all need a break just to take a step back and enjoy what we have around us.

We can all get obsessed with diets regardless of the fact SW is not meant to be a diet it is still a way of controlling your food intake and sometimes that control gets a bit too much and you need to focus more on yourself and less on your food.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you everyone for your kind words I think it was just post op low sugar blues and I am in less pain today so I feel more positive.

Well I've just re-read this and after a very strange evening I realise that I was actually talking a load of bulls doodah! The only true bit is that I've gained ½ lb.

Hubby and I had a chat earlier today and from his perspective he says I've been a real pain all week. He reckons I've been obsessing with the scales, obsessing with food and snacking left right and centre.

Once he said it I realised he was right! I've had a light bulb moment - in reverse.

I've been all over the place since xmas and have decided tonight to actually called a halt for a few weeks.

I have been at this losing weight lark for over 5 years - albeit not for ALL of them, just 2 and a bit! Never in all that time have I been obsessive about food or snacked on rubbish. Well this week I have been doing both and it has been driving me and t'other half crazy.

So I am having a pause for a few weeks and see if I can get this obsession out of my head. I'm going to stick to SW principles and maintain for a couple of weeks (well I did it for 3 years!) and then refocus and carry on.

It's all just getting a bit much and being obsessive about food and my weight, which I now realise I have been this week, is just not healthy.

I will not be deserting you though chicas - I'll still be here to crack the whip at you and dole out lines when needed - so don't think you can slack! :eek::eek::eek:

Night girlies

This is exactly how I feel. I am in my fifties now and have been dieting, worrying about weight and hating my body for as long as I can remember.

I first started dieting when I weighted 8 stone 2 and dieted down by eating 1000 calories to 6 stone 8 lbs. Can you believe that a slimming club encouraged me too.

Much as I like the plan and believe it is a sensible way to eat, it still is a big industry and thrives on our insecurities to make money.

I am concerned at seeing so many people joining who look at their perfect weight, young girls and it saddens me.

Years of yo-yo ing have left me heavier than ever and totally consumed with feeling "bad" about myself, especially around food.

It is so insidious. Also I believe there are so many chemicals in our food etc that must be making us fatter - it is not all our fault!!

Anyway rant over. I shall torment you girls now with what I had to eat last night. ;)

Chicken Makhani
Basmati Rice
Squash and lentil dahl
Naan
Side salad (no dressing! ha)

followed by

Belgian Waffles in warmed chocolate sauce and cream.

My loved one and I sat opposite each other basking in happiness and relief that we could eat something without me feeling "guilty".

It was fab.

Yes definitely take a step back when it gets too much - you have to for the sanity and happiness of those around you. :0).

So I very much enjoyed :break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::D

felicity
i had a central line before for TPN but whilst in hospital....to have TPN at home its usually a PICC line in your arm.

my dietician is contacting my bowel surgeons etc to come up with a plan. we have talked about it on/off for a few years - but i had bowel surgery 14 weeks ago and they hoped it would fix the problem. It hasn't sadly and we need to figure out where we go from here.

todays menu looks like this:
b: diet coke, and a cup of tea
l: 200ml complan drink
d: 200m ensure plus drink
sn: copious amounts of tea & diet coke. i should have 2 more drinks but don't want to put on weight :cry:

re all the PCOS/IBS issues here. I think it is typical of slow weight loss that all you girls are having the same issues.
just have to find a way to manage the weight, or find a medication that helps. its not fair......

have a good day all

saidan

TPN is given for a reason as you know.....its not the best time to be doing slimming world hunny! stay with us but dont jeopardise anything you cant monitor the TPN (especially with all the electrolyte control they put into it) and be on plan. do it when your fit and well

Hiya ladies - well having made the decision to a have a wee break last night, I slept well and woke up this morning feeling happier. Result.

And no I'm not going anywhere. Well actually I'm deffo gonna gatecrash the norty step and go and join the lovely ladies already there for a little party.

Well done WG - I know it's slow but you ARE now back on the downward path.

Have a great Sunday peeps.

Pommette said:
Hiya ladies - well having made the decision to a have a wee break last night, I slept well and woke up this morning feeling happier. Result.

And no I'm not going anywhere. Well actually I'm deffo gonna gatecrash the norty step and go and join the lovely ladies already there for a little party.

Well done WG - I know it's slow but you ARE now back on the downward path.

Have a great Sunday peeps.

It's always party time on the norty step! Lol

thanks for your kind words

felicity - before my surgery all i could eat was crisps & chocolate - and so i piled on the weight. 6 weeks post op i was given the all-clear to eat normally again with less 10g fibre.
so this is completely unexpected to now have to go back onto fluid feeds....it means my surgery did not solve the problem.
at the moment i can't follow SW - and I'll have to just take the drinks the dr's prescribes. i'll keep reading and spurring you all on :) and when i can i'll be back on track.
SW is such a healthy non-fad way to eat, i'm happy to follow it when i'm allowed medically.

saidan

well done jodie!!!

my weigh in tomorrow, im a bit nervous, i have stuck to it and increased my syns from the week before, i have stuck to between 10 and 15 a day, so well see what the scales say, i did go over syns last tuesday so well see. ive not found it hard this week as ive done a mix of all 3 plans, so if i lose a pound ill be well happy. we had to set an easter target, it is 12 weeks away so i set mine to 12 pounds, a pound a week is hopefully do able. kids are ill again, so ive had no sleep, poor baby keeps coughing, so got to go get her some medicine today. lack of sleep is making me hungry but luckily i made a massive pan of soup last night with chick peas, potatoes, kidney beans and other veg in, so should fill me up today.

hope everyone has a good monday morning

Well done, Jodie. Gosh, the naughty step's going to be rocking this week, isn't it? :D
Lou, poor you. It's no joke when you're not getting enough sleep :(
I'm having a really hungry day today, so I think every one of my 15 syns will get used :)
Just remembered I've agreed to go out with some friends tomorrow evening for a pal's birthday - and it's a curry. My plan is no syns during the day, chicken shashlik, plain rice and eat very little of the curry sauce (it comes separate). The dish comes with a salad and I've lost weight before by eating mainly the chicken and the salad. I'll then bring home what's left for hubby and son. There'll be one poppodom each so that's not too bad ....
WI early this week, on Wednesday as I'm changing classes.
Lou, I though you weighed on a Wednesday :confused:

Well done Jodie.

Lou and I both weigh in on a Tuesday. I am going tomorrow just to keep on track. I had booked it off as holiday as I wasn't sure if I would be fit enough to go. I am expecting a gain as I am still bloated after the op and I have been consoling myself with biscuits and chocolate !

Oh dear just ate a strip of dairy milk :(

Back