The really slow loss team!

...and an unwanted and unexpected 2.5lb gain here. Exactly what I lost last week. Over the moon obviously! :p
Oh, I know just how you feel. :mad::mad::confused:

Hels first of all so so sorry to hear about your friend. It kind of puts things into perspective.

Now what you have written above is exactly what happened to me over the last two groups. I lost 2 lbs and the following week gained it back - and I was mad as hell, as had been 100%.

So tonight "the scales" say I have lost 3 lbs so I report this very quietly and tentatively with no whoop whoops. I just want to get my head down and try to drop the negativity, just keep going forwards. I was truly on the verge of giving up but have committed to finish my countdown - have 8 more weeks to go.

So am joining you in the 100% challenge.

I just want to say how great it is to have all you tortoises here for support as I am sure I would go insane if I could not come here and share our "ups and downs".
Yay! Well done and great post :)

Acc - seem to have managed to not multiquote you .... WELL DONE!

I am plus another 1/2lb too.....not unexpected I might add :rolleyes:

Shall we have another step for gainers where we can all get some extra exercise stepping up and down in homage to our weight losses and gains :8855::8855:

Seriosuly though, we are all fighting our own demons at the moment and I am so glad I can come here and feel the love...... :bighug::bighug: All we can do is keep on, keeping on girls.... and pop on here for a bit of help when it all seems like a lost cause (blimey - that being the case, I'd never be off here!)

This thread, and my food diary, are the only ones I follow now..... I love it here, and, as has been pointed out, this is one of the few that is not all about me, ME, ME!

Sorry to all those feeling sad at the moment and hugs to all.

Big night out for me tomorrow night in Manchester so I am not hopeful for Tuesday but I know the night out will be worth it.

Glad I`m not the only one that loves this thread!! (I`m with you Annya!!)

Even though I`ve reached my target I still feel the need for support. Starting to feel a bit demotivated with no shinies to look forward to.

I only follow this thread and the maintainers thread on a regular basis. Also have a quick look at the recipes for some ideas and inspiration.

Wonder if there`s a thread for menopausal ladies "of a certain age" lol!!

Hi GrannieAnnie

I did notice your post re the menopause and your mood swings and meant to reply but got distracted.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today. It is a strange episode in ones life and I so remember those outbursts of crying (been doing a fair bit lately too!:eek:).

what a lovely bunch you are, thanks for all the welcomes.

Its nice to hear people happy with their lot rather than 'wanted to lose 2/3/4/5 pounds but only lost 1'

I'm of the opinion that us slower losers will probably be the winners in the end cos we'll get there and be able to stay there.

Am proud to be a tortoise x

theres something going on at the minute isnt there? majority had good losses last week and now were having gains, i missed weigh in but got weighed on boots scales and had gained a pound :/

i did read that someone has lost 3 pound..was it fabulous? celebrate it woman!!! a 3 pounder is amazing!!

im going out tonight the booze ban is off, it has made no difference not drinking so i may aswell have a couple. i have also decided to cut out carbs for a few days, not sure if it will help or not but at this stage i am clutching at straws.

big hugs everyone i hope you all have a nice weekend xxx

im going out tonight the booze ban is off, it has made no difference not drinking so i may aswell have a couple. i have also decided to cut out carbs for a few days, not sure if it will help or not but at this stage i am clutching at straws.

big hugs everyone i hope you all have a nice weekend xxx
Welcome back to the Demon booze!!! :D It's not booze that does it with me Lou - it is most definitely carbs. Have 5 red days consecutively if you can chica - it always helps me. ** says she not being able to stick to anything this week **

Oh my. I've just had the most delicious chicken tikka with rice and salad and a vegetable curry, all made with my fair hand .... Syn free! Very proud of myself :D
Big day out tomorrow with a Bem Brasil feast :break_diet: and my father in law (who I cook tea for every Sunday) has just offered to take us all out on Sunday :eek:
Oh well .... Life goes on .... I'll do my best to keep damage to a minimum :)

Oh my. I've just had the most delicious chicken tikka with rice and salad and a vegetable curry, all made with my fair hand .... Syn free! Very proud of myself :D
Big day out tomorrow with a Bem Brasil feast :break_diet: and my father in law (who I cook tea for every Sunday) has just offered to take us all out on Sunday :eek:
Oh well .... Life goes on .... I'll do my best to keep damage to a minimum :)

Just relax and have a good time. You can always climb back on the wagon with the rest of us tortys the day after tomorrow. :)

what a lovely bunch you are, thanks for all the welcomes.

Its nice to hear people happy with their lot rather than 'wanted to lose 2/3/4/5 pounds but only lost 1'

I'm of the opinion that us slower losers will probably be the winners in the end cos we'll get there and be able to stay there.

Am proud to be a tortoise x

I forgot to say welcome Kerry. I would be over the moon to hear that I had lost a pound, at least it is going in the right direction! :)

. . .
Its nice to hear people happy with their lot rather than 'wanted to lose 2/3/4/5 pounds but only lost 1' . . .
Ah now that's another story!
We would all love to lose 2 lbs a week but are stuck at tortoise speed. So happy is not quite the right term methinks. :D :D

Ha, ha....... yes, I agree, resignation is a MUCH better word ;-)

Hey Tortoises

I really really need your motivational words today. Totally wimped out of weigh in as my scales are showing a highly unwarranted 2.5lb gain! To say I'm upset is an understatement. Total loss for Jan 2lb!!!! Surely it's not worth it? About 10 years ago I slimmed from 230 pounds to about a stone less than I am now, I never struggled then. I do work out 5/6 days a week now so wonder if it could be that. I do sometimes go over my syns on 1 day (usually sat) but not over my weekly amount. I know some of you have it worse than me so I feel a bit of a diva complaining, but just looking for some reassurance. I have a diary if anyone has any advice there either

Thanks ladies for reading x

Sarah

First of all I wanted to share something I heard on a programme this morning which while so simple and I already know it, made me think.

Someone being interviewed said that they used to worry until it dawned on them that "the less you worry, the better things seem to go".

We do worry and fret so much don't we?

Practically, I expect it is due to the amount of exercise you are doing. Are you not building muscle which weighs heavier? Excuse my ignorance but I come out in hives at the mention of a gym. I am sure I have heard this mantra many times - muscle weighs more than fat.

That is the reason no doubt you have a low weight loss, but you are more fit. We pay far too much attention to those damn scales.

Totally understand you not going to weigh in. We are all evading it at some time. Who needs it - to be told they have gained when they already know.

Big hugs to you. My advice - whinge, moan, give yourself a set amount of time to be fed up, beat the pillow, cry if you want............and after that ....get calm and carry on and know that you are among friends who understand where you are.

I have no idea how to access your diary? PS. Just saw "Sarah's Diary" .......doh!

Also if you go slightly over syns on a Saturday well surely you are still sticking to the plan? This is what makes me fume!!

I think maybe after following SW for so long, and I tend to eat that way anyway, our bodies are just so used to it?

Big hugs to you. X

Sarah

I've just had a quick scamper through your diary and your food looks good - but I actually think it might be TOO good.

I've noticed on quite a few days that you only had 1 HexA and 1 HexB on a red day and on some days had no or very few syns.

On Red/Green you need to have at least 5 syns and 2 HexBs a day - with 1 or 2 HexAs.

The SW plan is designed with all of these to give you a balanced diet and it may be you just aren't actually eating enough.

Have you ever read these 2 threads:-
SW Newbies
SW FAQs

They have some very interesting points in and I go back and read them every now and again to give me a little reminder and boost.

I don't know how long you've been doing SW but the big thing for me is that I start to "cheat" without realising it - I stop measuring ** slapped wrists ***. For example my cheese portion gets bigger, and I don't measure my milk. So it may be worth going back to basics - that's what I'm going to do next week - and start measuring everything again.

((( Big Hugs ))) chica. January 2012 seems to have been a really tough month for lots of people.

Thanks guys for commenting :)

My hubby says I'm too strict, but I can't help it lol. I'm going to get my books out tomorrow, check the links Pomette gave me and totally refocus.
I don't measure my milk, but I usually measure everything else. I don't always have both my a's and b's that is true.... Especially this week as I tried to go carb free.
Really appreciate the support and will hopefully pick myself up for next week. Been doing SW for about 10 yrs on and off.... So a total re start might help xx

Sarah - I agree with Pom - I think you may be a little too angelic!

OK, a myth buster here..... fat and muscle weight exactly the same. I have seen this discussion on so many threads and the best explanation I have ever seen is that one ton of lead weighs exactly the same as one ton of feathers, but look how much more SPACE the featehrs take up than the lead. Well, the same goes for fat/muscle.... fat takes up more SPACE than muscle but it is not lighter or heavier.

If you were new to exercise I might be tempted to think you are retaining water to help repair muscle after exercise, but I see you have been at it a while now. Tell me, do you measure yourself too? Well worth it if you are exercising a fair bit: for example I weigh 3.5lbs more than I did at the beginning of December but I actually measured less when I did my monthly measure-in last week. Now, I must admit I am on a bit of a "cheat" as I lay down muscle easier because of the huge doses of steroid I am on just now, but it may well be that you are actually shrinking, but the scales are telling you that your not!

I think Flabulous hit the nail on the head when she said we place too much importance on what the scales say........and I am as guilty of this as anyone. Be brave, get your tape measure out and see if you are getting leaner rather than losing pounds.

We will all get there in the end my lovely - hang in there and just keep on, keeping on. If you want a blow out at the weekend, so be it - as long as you aren't using any more than 105 syns maximum over the week it can't be making that much difference surely?

Annya said:
Sarah - I agree with Pom - I think you may be a little too angelic!

OK, a myth buster here..... fat and muscle weight exactly the same. I have seen this discussion on so many threads and the best explanation I have ever seen is that one ton of lead weighs exactly the same as one ton of feathers, but look how much more SPACE the featehrs take up than the lead. Well, the same goes for fat/muscle.... fat takes up more SPACE than muscle but it is not lighter or heavier.

If you were new to exercise I might be tempted to think you are retaining water to help repair muscle after exercise, but I see you have been at it a while now. Tell me, do you measure yourself too? Well worth it if you are exercising a fair bit: for example I weigh 3.5lbs more than I did at the beginning of December but I actually measured less when I did my monthly measure-in last week. Now, I must admit I am on a bit of a "cheat" as I lay down muscle easier because of the huge doses of steroid I am on just now, but it may well be that you are actually shrinking, but the scales are telling you that your not!

I think Flabulous hit the nail on the head when she said we place too much importance on what the scales say........and I am as guilty of this as anyone. Be brave, get your tape measure out and see if you are getting leaner rather than losing pounds.

We will all get there in the end my lovely - hang in there and just keep on, keeping on. If you want a blow out at the weekend, so be it - as long as you aren't using any more than 105 syns maximum over the week it can't be making that much difference surely?

Hiya Annya,

I did measure myself at the beginning of January, I must admit that I haven't since as I'm 4 weeks into a 6 week programme and wanted to see at the end. In fairness a lot of people say my clothes look too big now, especially around my bum/legs.

The problem is that all "diets" are weight related so it's so hard not to get focused on the numbers. Also I'm happy to work on an average, I know my body doesn't lose consistently, then with hormones etc, so I would be happy with 4lbs a month to average out, This month i've managed 2lb.

There are times when I don't write everything in my diary.... I do count them, but sometimes don't get on here to add to my daily diary so I might try and set something up on my phone to ensure I track & count everything. Just incase there is something I am missing. I am going to eat min 10 syns and have all of hex allowances this week. I'll carry on with my fitness as this is important to me. The only change this week that i can think of is that i significantly increased my water intake this week....... But I just peed more lol :)

Sorry for the long message. I really really appreciate the support of this thread. As said many times before! It's the best thread on the site :)

Back