The really slow loss team!

acc said:
You can be an honoury ( sp) scouser!!!!

Ahhh, thanks. Mike's best man is a scouser. I can't wait for the speech. He's from Huyton so he sounds like Steven Gerrard. Shame he doesn't look like him!

conlou1 said:
i no longer weigh before weigh day cos my son kindly broke my scales haha. this leads to lots and lots of anxiety over what i think ive gained. im not sure what is worse...weighing constantly or not at all. i cant afford new scales so ill let you know how just getting weighed once a week feels like!!

felicity..nooooooo dont kick me out :( i want to stay!!!

I really should just throw them away and wait til WEIGH IN!! It's hard!! I'll do it with you xxx

half off for me this week, happy with that x

I really should just throw them away and wait til WEIGH IN!! It's hard!! I'll do it with you xxx

i am on enforced scales ban, get someone to break them or take them away haha. its really does stress me out not having a clue which way the scales are going but my scales werent accurate anyway lol

**struts back in**
1lb off. Chuffed :D

woooooo well done xx

woooooo well done to you too :)

hubby doin my head right in big time, pick pick picky pickerson. might ram that chocolate bar up his ar5e. rant over .

Well done lesley and kerry - great to see you on the loser cruiser.

Have a great weekend all of you. Off to the UK tomorrow for 6 days with no internet access so will catch up again next week.

Got snow boots, ski socks, thermals, hat, gloves and scarf packed - quite a feat when I'm just bring hand luggage! :D But hence no room for netbook! :cry:

thanks everyone, slow but sure wins the day!

I'm on and off the home scales too :D but don't really take any notice the SW ones are the only ones that count

pomette, have a lovely time over here in blighty, its not that cold.... yet.....

**struts back in**
1lb off. Chuffed :D

Well done Ladies.....:)

I'm coming in to say goodbye.......I'm going to join WW tonight to consider giving it a try. Despite a very good week again, there is still no reduction on the scales ( I know about daily weighing, but mine are reasonably accurate to group) It's kind of taking over my life at the minute and i'm just really down about it, so i'm hoping for a fresh start and new focus.
I was also considering a VLCD, so i'm taking the weekend to suss out what I really want to do. I'll have all the options in front of me and go from there. The pressure we put ourselves under is immense and i'm just miserable all of the time.

Just want to say thanks for all the support, and I hope you all get to your goals :)

Good luck Sarah. Such a shame but I really understand why you need to try something else.

I have not weighed myself this week, so will not find out until tonight if I have gained, STS or lost anything. 0.5 would be good enough for me.

Please come back and let us know how you get on? XX

Well done Ladies.....:)

I'm coming in to say goodbye.......I'm going to join WW tonight to consider giving it a try. Despite a very good week again, there is still no reduction on the scales ( I know about daily weighing, but mine are reasonably accurate to group) It's kind of taking over my life at the minute and i'm just really down about it, so i'm hoping for a fresh start and new focus.
I was also considering a VLCD, so i'm taking the weekend to suss out what I really want to do. I'll have all the options in front of me and go from there. The pressure we put ourselves under is immense and i'm just miserable all of the time.

Just want to say thanks for all the support, and I hope you all get to your goals :)
Just because you're swapping diets chica doesn't mean you have to leave us!

How about a pause - and just try to maintain for a week or two? It actually worked wonders for me. I stopped stressing and I've actually lost quite a bit in the last 2 weeks. Still sticking to plan but not obsessing about the scales.

Have a read of this post on my thread to see what I mean.

http://www.minimins.com/members-onl...rds-battling-last-few-pounds.html#post4627923

Also think really carefull about doing a vlcd. I have several good friends on Minis who all did Cambridge. They all lost mega amounts very quickly but 2 years on they have all gained and are all OVER what they started at. It's a quick fix but not sustainable.

Last edited:
cleogin, i remember you lost for a few weeks on the trot didnt you? i know you will do what is right for you but have you done weight watchers before? Just have a good old think hun, for me i believe out of all of the diets slimming world is possibly the most realistic to maintain. VLCD and weight watchers wouldnt fit into my world very easily, i know i would slip off thw wagon big time and regain in the 'normal world' if that makes sense? but we are all different. maybe give it a few more weeks and use your sins up + alternate your plans (red/green) and see?

I'm coming in to say goodbye.......Just want to say thanks for all the support, and I hope you all get to your goals :)

I TOTALLY understand how you feel sweetie - my weight hasn't gone down for 5 weeks now, despite being 100% on plan, exercising and REALLY being good to the point of making myself completely miserable at times and being an utter ***** to my lovely husband about food too - indeed I am ashamed of the way I have spoken to him of late and it's making us both quite tetchy now. Losing weight is not worth my marriage, being thin is not that important to me..........

I too have considered VLCD, but the GP won't let me at the moment as it's winter and I am at risk of infections. However, it is very tempting to ignore him and just get this weight "out of the way".......... BUT, like Pom, I know several folks who lost PLENTY and quickly too, but they have all since packed it back on plus more beside and are fat again now so I think that unless you are grossly obese (which you certainly aren't!) it is really only good for a couple of weeks shock therapy if you want to squeeze into a size smaller dress for a special occasion.

Please don't leave us just because you are thinking of changing plan - this group is not about what plan you are on but the fact that life isn't fair to us all and we don't all lose 4, 5 and 6lbs a week despite eating fish n chip suppers and swilling gallons of beer!

Stay with us......... it won't be the same without you :)

Good luck Sarah. Such a shame but I really understand why you need to try something else.

I have not weighed myself this week, so will not find out until tonight if I have gained, STS or lost anything. 0.5 would be good enough for me.

Please come back and let us know how you get on? XX

Thanks Flabulous...it's so hard isn't it! Fingers crossed for you tonight :)

Just because you're swapping diets chica doesn't mean you have to leave us!

How about a pause - and just try to maintain for a week or two? It actually worked wonders for me. I stopped stressing and I've actually lost quite a bit in the last 2 weeks. Still sticking to plan but not obsessing about the scales.

Have a read of this post on my thread to see what I mean.

http://www.minimins.com/members-onl...rds-battling-last-few-pounds.html#post4627923

Also think really carefull about doing a vlcd. I have several good friends on Minis who all did Cambridge. They all lost mega amounts very quickly but 2 years on they have all gained and are all OVER what they started at. It's a quick fix but not sustainable.

Thanks Pom, definitely giving VLCD some serious thought before I try it. It will be a last resort for me :cry:. I'm going to have a read of your link....see if it helps me make a decision. Have a fab weekend, back in the ffffreezing cold UK :D

cleogin, i remember you lost for a few weeks on the trot didnt you? i know you will do what is right for you but have you done weight watchers before? Just have a good old think hun, for me i believe out of all of the diets slimming world is possibly the most realistic to maintain. VLCD and weight watchers wouldnt fit into my world very easily, i know i would slip off thw wagon big time and regain in the 'normal world' if that makes sense? but we are all different. maybe give it a few more weeks and use your sins up + alternate your plans (red/green) and see?

Thanks Felicity......I did lose for 3 weeks right at the beginning of Jan, but my scales have gone up the last 2 week and they just aren't shifting...no matter what I do, in fact they are probably my best 2 weeks on plan. I just can't get my head around eating like this and exercising so much for nothing. There is something i'm doing wrong somewhere....I just don't know what it is:cry:. I already do red & green as I feel I eat too much on EE. I have done WW before and did quite well, but it was a long time before the new programme. I'm definitely going to consider my options, thanks for the advice.

I TOTALLY understand how you feel sweetie - my weight hasn't gone down for 5 weeks now, despite being 100% on plan, exercising and REALLY being good to the point of making myself completely miserable at times and being an utter ***** to my lovely husband about food too - indeed I am ashamed of the way I have spoken to him of late and it's making us both quite tetchy now. Losing weight is not worth my marriage, being thin is not that important to me..........

I too have considered VLCD, but the GP won't let me at the moment as it's winter and I am at risk of infections. However, it is very tempting to ignore him and just get this weight "out of the way".......... BUT, like Pom, I know several folks who lost PLENTY and quickly too, but they have all since packed it back on plus more beside and are fat again now so I think that unless you are grossly obese (which you certainly aren't!) it is really only good for a couple of weeks shock therapy if you want to squeeze into a size smaller dress for a special occasion.

Please don't leave us just because you are thinking of changing plan - this group is not about what plan you are on but the fact that life isn't fair to us all and we don't all lose 4, 5 and 6lbs a week despite eating fish n chip suppers and swilling gallons of beer!

Stay with us......... it won't be the same without you :)

Thanks Annya hun,
I so know what you mean......I am really snappy with everyone, like it's their fault my body doesn't work :eek::eek:!!!
I'm defnitely only going VLCD for a last resort, just maybe hoping WW will give me a much needed kick in the right direction. It's a shame as I love SW, but i'm sure i'll come back to it. I just want to end this weight battle once and for all.

Thanks to everyone for your support, even if I will be on the dark side! Can't imagine that even if WW works that I will ever become a super slimmer......I'll always be a member of the tortoise team :)

Aww Cleogin, I’m wishing you all the very best. This seems very final and I don’t want you to disappear. You’re still part of the online community of awesome slow losers so like the others say, regardless of the plan you’re following, don’t leave completely.

To back up what Annya said, I’m an ex WW and although I went the old Points way when I lost my weight, it’s obviously back because counting and running out of points is a total nightmare. The new Pro points and me do not mix AT ALL. But that’s just me.
Good Luck with it. We want to know how you get on so make sure you report back J

As for being grumpy, I'm like that all the time so SW makes not an ounce of difference!! ;)

oh no cleo, i dont want you to leave either :( no matter what you choose to do please come on here and talk to us all. i read the weight watchers starter pack, the new one and felt really confused so didnt bother doing it lol. i wish you luck in whatever diet you do hun. they say a change is as good as a rest...maybe switch to another diet for a bit then try sw again with fresh eyes? you might find next week that you have a good loss. starting exercise can make you retain water hun, which if youve been exercising more than normal would explain a gain at first and once your body adjusts you see the benefits. have a good long think over the weekend like you said and take it from there. maybe have a weekend 'off' if its making you miserable, it might just be what you need to kick start the loss again.

i have been semi on plan, im so rushed off my feet sorting the house move i dont have the time to be counting and weighing stuff. im making the best choices i can but not sure what plan im actually doing lol. made a beef casserole for tea, which is pretty healthy. i had a bag of crisps earlier but thats within my syns allowance. im aching really bad today, dont know if i have this virus the girls have had or if its from shifting boxes yesterday lol. i ache in places i never knew i had!!

OK.............deep breaths, don't punch the walls, don't scream, don't shout obscenities...just got back from group and 1.5 .......ON.

Sorry, that's it...no more group for me. I have had enough. I just walked out of there with my sanity...just!!!!!!

So ladies, I am not giving up..not giving in...but I really don't want to waste another minute of my life in group.

It is humiliating to have put it on for no reason and I could not face sitting there waiting for the usual.

I shall continue on my merry way with you tortoises, but no more scales for me. If I lose any flab, I shall be flabulously pleased.

I like to eat SW way anyhow.

Give me a hug someone please............!!!!!!

Back