The really slow loss team!

oh no what happened to your cat hun? hope your ok xx

He's been diagnosed with kidney failure, he's only 6. We've changed his diet & are doing everything the vet has recommended, it may or may not prolong his life, they've said he has a few months as its "severe". I'm absolutely heartbroken, I've barely stopped crying in 3days :( x

I am so sorry Lisa :-( As a fellow animal lover (dogs rather than cats) I can empathise with how you feel right now. I have loved and lost 5 beautiful Dobermans - and I was devastated every time :-(

Huge hugs pet........

He's been diagnosed with kidney failure, he's only 6. We've changed his diet & are doing everything the vet has recommended, it may or may not prolong his life, they've said he has a few months as its "severe". I'm absolutely heartbroken, I've barely stopped crying in 3days :( x

Lisa, so sorry to hear about your cat. You just don't want them to suffer, but losing them is unbearable too. I adore cats so I can understand how devastated you feel. :(

lisa im so so sorry. losing a family pet is heartbreaking. i always had a cat then at 16 suddenly over night became severely allergic to them, and this was devastating enough to know i couldnt ever be close to one again. i loved my cat, so can imagine how heartbroken you must be :( big hugs, i hope that he lives a good while longer yet xx

Thank you, if he was much older it would be awful but more understandable. I just feel I'm being robbed, he's so so young. He still doesn't look himself, he's quiet & wanting to sit alone. But he's eating well & very alert. It's so confusing & different from one day to the next.X

we dont have pets and have been considering getting a dog, but would have to be a dog that doesnt shed its hair as im also allergic to dogs, btu it does put me off getting one cos i just dont think i can cope with having to go through them dying. my son had a hamster and was properly heartbroken when he died, it was really awful.

i havent been able to stay on plan, i have the same viral infection the kids have all had, im so ill. dosed up on co codamol and ibuprofen and still aching and my throat is killing. the last thing i want is to cook, so living off sandwiches and take away. i wish slimming world did ready meals. i got steve to get me some salad and prawns but the thought of eating salad and prawns when i dont feel well doesnt appeal whatsoever. im doing my best with my choices, i had donner meat for tea, but just had a small amount and had some salad with it, although it was hard to swallow, had some thin crust pizza, but snacvked on muller light as they feel nice on my throat, so thats not too bad. so far today i cant eat, ive completely lost my appetite, just forced a banana down me cos im taking lots of pain killers and dont want to be sick. hubby is off to a wedding tonight that we were both supposed to go to but me and the kids are all too ill, them too ill to leave with a baby sitter and me too ill to leave the house. i am sick of being ill now, its since ruby was back at nursery, why on earth do people send their kids to nursery and school when they are ill? its so unfair on everyone else.

Poor Lou - you always seem to be down with something :eek:( It was only last week you had a tummy bug :-(

Thar's why I am glad I live half way up a mountain in a hamlet of 12 houses, miles away from germ-ridden people. I used to be hospitalised most winters with bugs of one kind or another, but (touch wood) I haven't even had a cold for the past 2 years since we moved.

Heaving humanity is your problem my lovely - and sadly there's not alot you can do about that.

Take care - I hope you are all better soon.

Just worked it out, to get to my July goal I need to lose 1.2 lbs per week:-/ on paper it's achievable but sometimes life gets in the way! Well I will try my best,only 24 weeks!!!

My sw target line reappeared this week. I'm now due to get to target sometime in May..... 2014!! Jolly good!

Thar's why I am glad I live half way up a mountain in a hamlet of 12 houses, miles away from germ-ridden people. I used to be hospitalised most winters with bugs of one kind or another, but (touch wood) I haven't even had a cold for the past 2 years since we moved.

Heaving humanity is your problem my lovely - and sadly there's not alot you can do about that.

Take care - I hope you are all better soon.

i think its the house we live in, its very very mouldy, during summer when the wondows are open etc were all ok then once the cold wet weather starts we all get really ill constantly. ill be glad to move. i just went in the wardrobe to pack and some of my stuff was covered in mould-it cant be good for you can it? we wasnt this ill in our old house :/

Poor you Lou :(

Whilst it was funny to watch I SOOOO do not appreciate my husband coming into the lounge in the shorts he bought last summer, and doing a shimmy in front of me to show me how they simply fall down to his knees because of the weight he's lost :mad:
Lost, I might add, because of the SW dinners I've been dishing up since November.
And I've lost 8 friggin pounds.
What's that about?

i think its the house we live in, its very very mouldy, during summer when the wondows are open etc were all ok then once the cold wet weather starts we all get really ill constantly. ill be glad to move. i just went in the wardrobe to pack and some of my stuff was covered in mould-it cant be good for you can it? we wasnt this ill in our old house :/

Ahhh - that explains it. I lived in a very samp and mouldy house years ago and it made me REALLY poorly........ infections, allergies, skin problems, hair loss, corneal ulcers - you name it.

Glad you are moving my lovely - mould spores are really not healthy, especially for the lungs :-/

Poor you Lou :(

Whilst it was funny to watch I SOOOO do not appreciate my husband coming into the lounge in the shorts he bought last summer, and doing a shimmy in front of me to show me how they simply fall down to his knees because of the weight he's lost :mad:
Lost, I might add, because of the SW dinners I've been dishing up since November.
And I've lost 8 friggin pounds.
What's that about?

Hi Meadow.

Same in this house. Been at SW since last July and lost (as you know ;)) only 5.5 - 7 lbs.

My son joined me in beginning January and he has lost a stone!!!

Also at group a couple joined. Lady lost 6 lbs while hub lost a massive 1.stone 1 lb!! in a month.

Just shows the difference.

Thing is I have been eating SW way for quite a few years, whereas my son used to eat pizzas, takeaways, numerous quantities of chocolate and sweets, sausage rolls etc. so it is a big jolt for his body.

For me though, apart from cutting out any kind of treat, there is nowhere else to go.

I was looking at a feature in a Waitrose magazine. How to get healthy in 28 days.

Every change they suggested I am already doing, so it is very frustrating!!

My SWC is away next week and I don't care for the replacement. Last time she was there she looked at my stats and told me "you did not need those gains" - well I was flummoxed and a little upset.

I emailed the SWC and told her I would not be coming back and thanked her for all her efforts and support.

So going it alone now and will update my stats with the weight I am on home scales.

Take heart, as you know you are not alone! :)

Back