The really slow loss team!

conlou1 said:
My tummy seems flatter, my legs look a bit slimmer. But it's mainly more walking I've been doing rather than heavy exercise. This is how I lost my weight years ago, exercise really is key for me. Plus like I say my hormones were all over I went months without a period and in that tins u was pretty good on plan yet wasn't losing a great deal but ive had 3 periods since end November which for me is amazing and I'm noticing the weight is coming off a bit easier, my pcos symptoms have calmed down too im not half as spotty. So i think with me it os definitely hormones that hinders weight loss majorly, along with the over eating and lack of exercise of course lol. It's my friends wedding at the end of April i would love to have lost half a stone by then but I'm not pressuring myself, I find it easier to move on from the slip ups and get back on track quicker if I don't put pressure on myself.

I tried a dress on today, thought I picked a 14 up as that's what it said on the hanger and I got it on but it felt tight, I got all panicky til I looked at the label and it was a 12! And I got it on! I almost bought it for that reason lol

In that TIME I was pretty good on
Plan- not tins u lol. Stupid auto correct

My tummy seems flatter, my legs look a bit slimmer. But it's mainly more walking I've been doing rather than heavy exercise. This is how I lost my weight years ago, exercise really is key for me. Plus like I say my hormones were all over I went months without a period and in that tins u was pretty good on plan yet wasn't losing a great deal but ive had 3 periods since end November which for me is amazing and I'm noticing the weight is coming off a bit easier, my pcos symptoms have calmed down too im not half as spotty. So i think with me it os definitely hormones that hinders weight loss majorly, along with the over eating and lack of exercise of course lol. It's my friends wedding at the end of April i would love to have lost half a stone by then but I'm not pressuring myself, I find it easier to move on from the slip ups and get back on track quicker if I don't put pressure on myself.

I tried a dress on today, thought I picked a 14 up as that's what it said on the hanger and I got it on but it felt tight, I got all panicky til I looked at the label and it was a 12! And I got it on! I almost bought it for that reason lol

That's really great. I've always felt exercise is very important. A few yrs back I became addicted to one of the Davina dvd's, my waist didn't exist anymore! I wasn't eating at the time though & it was becoming dangerous. I've always thought exercise would only benefit me if its vigorous & I'm sweating buckets, but maybe I should just up walking too. My hips & thighs are my worst area so could be ideal.

I'm you'll lose some more by April, you're heading in the right direction :)

It would have been well deserved, even if it never got worn!

yes, I am definately a slow loser, most i ever managed was 4lb ifirst week, I have been doing extra easy for almost a year now i have lost 2st 7lb but it has gone very slow and i gained 1lb last week, i am going to try alternating with the green days just to see if a change about in food may help as i do get in a bit of a routine with having the same foods all the time, on a positive note new muller greek yoghurts are lovely and only half a syn....

slowlyslowly said:
yes, I am definately a slow loser, most i ever managed was 4lb ifirst week, I have been doing extra easy for almost a year now i have lost 2st 7lb but it has gone very slow and i gained 1lb last week, i am going to try alternating with the green days just to see if a change about in food may help as i do get in a bit of a routine with having the same foods all the time, on a positive note new muller greek yoghurts are lovely and only half a syn....

Hi. I do green days more and have cut back on meat and it's helping me. I am fuller quicker eating carbs and so long as I'm sensible with if I'm losing weight. Extra easy is a nightmare for me I go up and down all over the ace place and I have to be ridicously rigid on it in order to lose and that damn 1/3 super free trips me up every time! So I find red and green better for me atm. I thjnk also that if you eat the sand all the time your body gets used to it, yet if you shake it up a bit it can help.

Lisa I really think walking is a fantastic form of exercise, running hurts my knee and ankle and j can't afford the gym anymore. I have a bike but I can only go kn that when j don't have the girls with me do I've started getting them in their rein jogger pram and going off for a speed walk sometimes I'm out 3 hours just walking round the shops etc but it's s good 20 mins each way to get into town and I walk as fast as I can. My arms are hurrdndous, I have z good waist but my bum and thighs are very wobbly lol. X

Think of summer as your motivation. Do you have a nice summer dress or outfit you want to get into ?

Well I lost the 1.5 lb I put on last week which I am obviously pleased with.

Well done Latte :-D

Hi everyone, been utterly pathetic at the moment, completely off plan :mad: and very ashamed of myself, hence my absence :eek:
Hope everybody's well x

Well done Latte.

Big hug to you Lisa, remember no matter what you weigh your fellow tortoises love you. :)

Lesley, it will pass.....it always does.

Lou.....you do make me smile. :)

Felicity it is nice to hear you are back on track too, as I know you went through a big struggle recently and so encouraging for the rest of us to know it will not last for ever, which is what we fear.

Another 100% day for me today - 10 syns and a good walk plus 4 hours cleaning.

I made the mash potato pizza for lunch - it was gorge, shared with my son, we had 120g cheese on it so half each on a green day using 2 b's each. Yummy.

What is this about Muller greek yogurts?

Sleep tight everyone, especially you Lisa, seems like you are being very hard on yourself at the moment.

2lbs off for me and it was taster nite. Flying visit tonite, will read thru posts and catch up with everyone tmrw :) xxx

So now I have really confused myself as I can't work out if Wednesday is my day one for syn counting and it is Wednesday through Tuesday or

If it is Tuesday through to Monday

I weigh in on a Tuesday so any ideas please ?

Think of summer as your motivation. Do you have a nice summer dress or outfit you want to get into ?

No nothing, hence lack of motivation. In truth I love little short dresses but cant wear them as I have really chunky calves. And I don't mean my legs aren't skinny, I mean my calves are so chunky I can't wear knee length skirts/dresses even shorts. They're really horrible. I just hope when I eventually weigh what I want & have toned up I'll have slim calves, not sure though. I've seen lots of lovely clothes id love for the summer, they're not inspiring me though. I think from Thursday I'm going to take it a day at a time & give my all.*

Les - I'm with you, I'm blimmen awful right now, eeek!

I keep my own food diary in a notepad just so that I can see where I've gone wrong if I gain, for some reason I seem happy to write down all the rubbish I'm eating & it's having no effect on my mind. It's like I've turned into a little piggy & thats just not me, I genuinely feel I've lost control of wanting to try, not good :(

Hugs, sorry writing it down doesn't help. I know it does for me as I start to feel ashamed of writing it down. All you can do is pick yourself up after every fall, start again and not dwell on it. :bighug:

Latte said:
So now I have really confused myself as I can't work out if Wednesday is my day one for syn counting and it is Wednesday through Tuesday or

If it is Tuesday through to Monday

I weigh in on a Tuesday so any ideas please ?

I count from WI x

Well done. I lost 1.5lbs too so we can party on the naughty step together.

Hugs, sorry writing it down doesn't help. I know it does for me as I start to feel ashamed of writing it down. All you can do is pick yourself up after every fall, start again and not dwell on it. :bighug:

It's my mindset at the moment. I just don't seem to want to even be good, very unlike me. I'll be ok in a few days I'm sure, hopefully I'll throw myself back into it.

Back