The really slow loss team!

charl_young said:
I probably do yes, but I don't know what triggers it.. Which is annoying. I don't eat much bread anymore, just hex's never any more than that. It's especially worse when I have PMT (even tho I don't actually have a period I get all the symptoms still - ugh) I feel like an actual barrel!!'

Ah I'm pleased your feeling a bit better, and massive boobs aren't something I'd complain about.. Free boob job! Whoop .xxx

Ooh no I don't like it I'm already an e/f and they ain't perky anymore, any bigger ill be tuckin em in my socks lol.
My trigger foods when I was bad was garlic, onion, chilli, mushrooms, peppers, cucumber, white bread, alcohol, caffeine. I'd end up crippled in pain and on the loo for hours. It's stress related generally and the stress causes your tummy to become hyper sensitive. There will be a pattern to what your eating that is causing it, some people can't tolerate acidic stuff- tomatoes, oranges etc. try to keep your diet basic for a week with not too many different things in it and see when it flares up. Then reintroduce more adventurous stuff one at a time. Oh certain veg used to cripple me too especially sprouts and cabbage. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I lost 1lb today.. woo.. was positive i'd gained, I think i retain water really badly, does anyone know if theres anything you can do about that? I seem to wake up and feel nice, but as soon as I eat I balloon on my stomach, and by the end of the day I look pregnant (which SUCKS!) its taken me 2.5 months to lose 10lbs but slowly slowly slooooowly coming off, which is better than it going the other way i figure!
Charl - well done on the loss.

Processed carbs badly affect me and I bloat like mad - and gain weight. But only the processed ones . . . so bread, pasta, cous cous etc etc
I'm fine on spuds and whole rice.
It may be worth cutting out processed carbs for a few days and see if that helps any.

Also do you actually drink enough water. Not tea or coffee or anything with caffeine in - that bloats me too (and keeps me awake at night to boot!)
The more water (plain or fizzy) that you can get down yourself, the more it flushes the carbs and toxins out.
You should be having 6-8 big glasses a day.

Don't like water? Then get some NAS squash - anything with about 10 cals per 250 ml made up is free. I'm an addict of blackcurrant.

Or as Lou suggested try some herbal teas. My favourite believe it or not is . . . blackcurrant or orange.
When I remember I make a couple of pints at a time and drink them cold as well.

Evening Lou chica - you sound a bit more cheerful tonight. The boobs will be the backlash from the pill - even just a few days worth.

Pommette said:
Charl - well done on the loss.

Processed carbs badly affect me and I bloat like mad - and gain weight. But only the processed ones . . . so bread, pasta, cous cous etc etc
I'm fine on spuds and whole rice.
It may be worth cutting out processed carbs for a few days and see if that helps any.

Also do you actually drink enough water. Not tea or coffee or anything with caffeine in - that bloats me too (and keeps me awake at night to boot!)
The more water (plain or fizzy) that you can get down yourself, the more it flushes the carbs and toxins out.
You should be having 6-8 big glasses a day.

Don't like water? Then get some NAS squash - anything with about 10 cals per 250 ml made up is free. I'm an addict of blackcurrant.

Or as Lou suggested try some herbal teas. My favourite believe it or not is . . . blackcurrant or orange.
When I remember I make a couple of pints at a time and drink them cold as well.

Thanks! I eat minimal bread now and always whole meal, i do eat a lot of pasta, noodles and cous cous. Hmm, plus loads of tomatoes pretty much with every meal i guess.

I drink loads of water too I'm always thirsty and green tea. God knows I might book a doctor app once uni's finished for the year and find out if there's anything they suggest. Thank you for your advice xx

pommy is so right Lou, and i agree you need to do what is right for you. Opinions are just that but circumstances are all so very different to everyone. dont get me started on religion and god ! my opinion and what I believe would offend godly types....

charl_young said:
Thanks! I eat minimal bread now and always whole meal, i do eat a lot of pasta, noodles and cous cous. Hmm, plus loads of tomatoes pretty much with every meal i guess.

I drink loads of water too I'm always thirsty and green tea. God knows I might book a doctor app once uni's finished for the year and find out if there's anything they suggest. Thank you for your advice xx

Have you been tested for diabetes? Just with you saying your always thirsty? Could worth I trip to your chemist the test takes 1 minute. If u can't cut out pasta try switching to wholeweat see if that helps hun

you would lose allot of weight with undiagnosed diabetic (well you generally do lose allot of weight before its diagnosed) LOL. but its always worth testing your pee as everyone is different

felicity62 said:
pommy is so right Lou, and i agree you need to do what is right for you. Opinions are just that but circumstances are all so very different to everyone. dont get me started on religion and god ! my opinion and what I believe would offend godly types....

Me too. I had to go to a christening last week in a roman catholic church, I just get pissed off by it all. I think it's really nice for people that do have faith but I just don't get it. X

Never really thought about it, but I'll go check once I've finished first year Uni, I'm always thirsty and crave sugar really badly, maybe it's worth looking into xx

Lost 2 lb at wi tonight!! Totally shocked at this, was bad from last week wi until Monday then last 3 days I cut back on my carbs and drank loads of water! This must have worked :)

Well done Hun!!

I think I really need to stick to some sort of plan. I am keeping track of my mood and when I'm hungry etc and I'm sticking to 3 meals a day but I'm all over the bloody place. Today I had nimble toast for brekkie, ww meal and more nimble for dinner then pasta with mixed veg tuna and a bit of cheese for tea followed by 2 ginger nuts. O. Either day that either too many points or too many syns. Eurgh. I'm trying to relax about the weight loss thing but I looked in the mirror tonight and my face is so swollen which happens when I eat too much crap. I can do a shop tomorrow and get healthy food in but which should it be? Sw or ww. I know Sw but I know I have to be really disciplined, I don't know ww at all but feel if I did it properly I'd lose more BUT I have a feeling eating the ready meals and other stuff will leave me hungry and not feeling healthy. Help ladies, I need to gain some control back

I did ww for a little while I lost weight but got bored quickly on it. I was feed up with having to point every bit of food that went in my mouth and it also didn't really discipline me to eat healthy. I was trending to eat my usual crap point it then be starving because I had used all my points on a few crappy things. With sw I don't like ee I can't just get my head around eating unlimited ammonite of carbs and meat!! I feel carbs bloat me to I tend to stick to meat fish and loads of veg, that works for me. I hope you feel better soon.x

Excuse the mistakes in my text, this auto correct text thingy does my head in!

i think your right shelster, i liked it at first cos i could eat all the stuff id missed cos it was too high in syns on sw but like you say it was using all my points up. hmm, maybe ill just have to go back to what i know but quite simply stop bloody cheating on it hahaha.i guess i was just after a quick fix cos its driving me mad that i just havent got anywhere the last 6 months. but im in charge of that no one else and if i want it i have to just go for it and stop messing around. easier said than done though eh?

I lost 3lbs this week! please dont kick me out ! worked out that i lost half a stone in 3 weeks =o

conlou1 said:
GET OUT!!!!! Lol well done hun x

Ha ha! I really don't know what's happening to me! For the first couple of months I only lost half a pound most of the time but now weight is jut dropping! I have started running but didn't think it would make this much of a difference!

Well done sl1nkyminny - get on the naughty step.
You're definitely not a slow loser any more - you've had a load of greats weeks since you joined us.
Perhaps I ought to go away and come back with a new identity and see if it helps me get back to target?
Hmmmmmm now there's a thought ! :D

sl1nkyminny said:
Ha ha! I really don't know what's happening to me! For the first couple of months I only lost half a pound most of the time but now weight is jut dropping! I have started running but didn't think it would make this much of a difference!

Has running really made that much difference? How did you get into it? Any particular method or did you just run until you couldn't anymore? I need to do something to make this weight go faster, 3 months to holidays eeeek! X

Have you got an I phone?? If so download the couch to 5k app! I'm basically just following that! I'm on week 5! You get 2 weeks free I think then it's £1.99 for the full 8week plan and it so with it! It's stars of slow so run 1 minute walk 1.5 minutes and gradually builds up! So if u started now then you would of finished it in time for your hols! But when you first sart you might sts or gain this is you muscles retaining water as its not used to the exercise but drink plenty of water! And then it will start to come off! I only do it 3/4 days a week aswell! It's really good! Hope Iv helped!

Back