The really slow loss team!

I meant to say earlier I've been taking green tea capsules which are meant to help with weight loss do they could be helping? Maybe worth a shot for anyone struggling. I never lose big amounts even when success expressing so it could be down to that? They was about 6 quid from holland and Barrett
Lou - just get some real green tea. It does the same job and helps with hydration far better than ordinary tea or coffee.
Both tea/coffee have caffeine whereas green tea doesn't so is far better for your system.

I meant to say earlier I've been taking green tea capsules which are meant to help with weight loss do they could be helping? Maybe worth a shot for anyone struggling. I never lose big amounts even when success expressing so it could be down to that? They was about 6 quid from holland and Barrett

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have taken seaweed tabs and they help with my weightloss - well I mean constipation, I could not go to the toilet for 5/6 days sometimes and now go regular once or twice a day,hehe :)

I'm taking them now, don't seem to be doing a lot for me, although I am more 'regular' than I used to be! Which was a problem!! Sooo maybe they are working! Ha. X

This is a coincidence, I bought a book recently that suggests diet/exercise/supplements to target problems areas. Apparently I have excess levels of oestrogen (which I knew years ago) so it suggested a few things which I bought in H&B yesterday but it also suggested green tea, I can't stand it but in H&B I saw the capsules you must have bought, I didn't know you could buy them that way. Do you think they've affected your losses since you've been taking them??

What were the main things suggested in the book Lisa? Good news Ladies my first proper loss since January!!! Down 3.2 lbs over the last 2 weeks or so. Granted I'm only getting about 800-900 calories a day at the moment so I'd want to be loosing. Measured this morning down a half an inch on the waist and hips, arms are up a half an inch (assuming that's muscle). Can't wait to be back to my November size of 10 7 although I have a lot more muscle than I had then so I should look a lot better at that weight than I did then....here's hoping

This is a coincidence, I bought a book recently that suggests diet/exercise/supplements to target problems areas. Apparently I have excess levels of oestrogen (which I knew years ago) so it suggested a few things which I bought in H&B yesterday but it also suggested green tea, I can't stand it but in H&B I saw the capsules you must have bought, I didn't know you could buy them that way. Do you think they've affected your losses since you've been taking them??

Last edited:
Lou - just get some real green tea. It does the same job and helps with hydration far better than ordinary tea or coffee.
Both tea/coffee have caffeine whereas green tea doesn't so is far better for your system.

I tried it Pom, but I found it totally DISGUSTING :9529::sign0137: so I have been taking the supplements. Sadly they seem to be doing b*gger all for my weight loss, they just turn my motions dark green :eek:

I bought a bottle of 90 and have 33 left. I will keep going at the recommended 3 x 500mg tabs per day until the bottle is finished, but I won't be buying any more unless I see something happening on the scales! I also tried seaweed which is full of iodine as I have a borderline underactive thyroid (not low enough to treat) but they didn't make any difference either!

I bought the seaweed ones to try and help with thyroid stuff, doesn't seem to be doing anything!!

I guess the thing with almost all supplements is that they take several months to build up enough to show a difference....

I guess the thing with almost all supplements is that they take several months to build up enough to show a difference....

They reckon green tea works almost straight away if it's going to at all, but seaweed can take a while. I used it for over 6 months and then had a blood test but it hadn't even shifted a micromol so I decided to stop - even my GP (who is thankfully very positive about natural supplements and holistic medicine) said she thought it was a waste of money if nothing had happened in that time!

Ho-hum......... I suppose I am just going to have to carry on with the tortoise losses - I reckon many years of extreme dieting in my 20s/30s has stuffed my metablosim for good :eek:

Looks like a gain this week on a sneaky peek this morning, but I have been known to drop a pound or more overnight so we shall see at official weigh tomorrow morning!

Good luck all :)

What were the main things suggested in the book Lisa? Good news Ladies my first proper loss since January!!! Down 3.2 lbs over the last 2 weeks or so. Granted I'm only getting about 800-900 calories a day at the moment so I'd want to be loosing. Measured this morning down a half an inch on the waist and hips, arms are up a half an inch (assuming that's muscle). Can't wait to be back to my November size of 10 7 although I have a lot more muscle than I had then so I should look a lot better at that weight than I did then....here's hoping

The book is called "how to target your fat spots" & it focuses on 6 main areas like bingo wings, stomach fat, thighs & bottom etc. You basically evaluate yourself & do a little questionnaire to see which really is your main problem area. Unfortately for me I focused on arms & legs/bum & the total was the same so I guess they're both as bad as each other!! It then suggested particular foods to help with each area. I wasn't interested in the diets as some of them were really restrictive, plus you start with a detox & I'm just not interested in that. But the supplements were helpful as they're to increase/decrease/balance whatever is causing the problem.

For me it said that excess oestrogen actually causes fat to build up on thighs & bottom. I've had hormone problems for over 10years & I know the reason I lose slow/don't lose at all is down to my hormone problems, so if I can try to balance it out I'm hoping it will affect my losses!!

Yes most things take 3 months to really get in your system, so it's something you have to stick with if you can. Green tea however should start to have effects soon like Annya said.

I love green tea, well the clipper one with lemon, if I do EE I just drink green tea all day to save my hexA. Normal green tea tastes like wood! Lemon one is super good!

Yeah I used to drink the tea but can't stomach it since having my last daughter. I drink loads of NAS juice anyway at least 5 pints a day so I don't need to worry about not being hydrated.

Annya that seems like a lot of green tea tablets- I just take one 315g tablet that's all it says to take on my bottle from holland and Barrett. No wonder your poo is green lol.

I'm not sure if it's the tablets helping its probably everything, I'm walking everyday for around 3 hours, I'm just eating 3 meals a day and 1 snack and I'm counting everything I eat, I'm having between 1200 and 1500 a day then on a weekend having more cos I don't want my metabolism to slow down and apparently giving your body around 2000 calories a couple of days a week stops it thinking there's a famine and slowing your metabolism down. I'm drinking loads on a night to combat the munchies so I think it's all helping

. . . Good news Ladies my first proper loss since January!!! Down 3.2 lbs over the last 2 weeks or so. Granted I'm only getting about 800-900 calories a day at the moment so I'd want to be loosing. Measured this morning down a half an inch on the waist and hips, arms are up a half an inch (assuming that's muscle). Can't wait to be back to my November size of 10 7 although I have a lot more muscle than I had then so I should look a lot better at that weight than I did then....here's hoping
Well done on the loss of both weight and inches chica - but you really aren't having enough calories.
I notice you're not doing SW like the rest of us on here but a high protein diet.
Unless you are doing a VLCD using shakes etc which are designed to put your body into ketosis then all you are actually doing is telling your body it is starving!
Please have a re-think about how many calories you are having - it should be at least 1200 unless you are being supervised by a doctor.

Sorry - rant over . . . I'll get off my soap box now.

I'm having between 1200 and 1700 cals a day, but also burning about 500-700 on exercise, does that mean I'm eating enough cals or not? I'm a bit confused now xx

I'm having between 1200 and 1700 cals a day, but also burning about 500-700 on exercise, does that mean I'm eating enough cals or not? I'm a bit confused now xx
As long as you don't drop between 1200 you will be fine. The body needs that amount of calories to stop it going into starvation mode.
If you do go into starvation mode your body will actually hang onto everything you eat and you won't lose weight.

If you use some calories up as exercise then you should just lose weight more quickly. Just remember to drink lots of exra water.

Just be careful what "device" you are using to measure the number of calories used. Some are very innacurate.
The amount of calories you burn gets vastly over-calculated - especially in My Fitness Pal.
They reckon that moderate dog walking at 3 mph for 90 minutes uses 368 cals.
On a scientifically monitored treadmill test the same amount of exercise actually only used 116 cals.
So MFP overestimates by a factor of 3.
Swimming moderate breaststroke on MFP = 372 when in actual fact it is only about 125. So again, about 3 times over.

Ok thanks, I thought that was due to it going off weight, age and bmi? So someone who is 130lbs would burn a lot less than someone weighing 215? I looked into this before on some nutrition and exercise website, it has all the different sports and the various cals burnt for different weights are more specific than broadly saying everyone loses 300 cals walking for 2 hours kinda thing. I mean if you are carrying around extra weight you will burn more calories won't you? Seems to make sense. X

Ps.. I drink about 4ltrs of water a day, plus about 5 green teas, I'm always thirsty so I think extra water would make me a fish? Maybe!

charl_young said:
Ps.. I drink about 4ltrs of water a day, plus about 5 green teas, I'm always thirsty so I think extra water would make me a fish? Maybe!

Did you ever get checked out for diabetes? It's odd that your always thirsty Hun. I know though that with diabetes you do tend to lose weight but still maybe worth a check?

I use mfp and always put the calories in I thought they were too high so don't tend to follow what they say I just try to have between 1200 and 1500 regardless of what exercise I've done.

Back