The really slow loss team!

On the upside I finished the 30DS yesterday and although it hasn't really had any effect on my weight loss (but I reckon this 20lbs in 30 days claim is only for the Biggest Loser contenstants) I have however dropped a whole dress size plus a bit more and lost nearly 12 inches overall so I am delighted with the result - it was soooooooo tough in places, but well worth it and I intend to keep it in my weekly regime somewhere, even if it is just a single day a week. Interestingly it must also have done wonders for my cardiovascular fitness as Level 3 was burning 200 cals in 28 minutes the first day I did and exactly the same workout only burned 159 last night and I am spending far less of the 28 minutes above my max heart rate too - so good for stamina and vital stats = win/win :D

:wow: what fantastic results!!! Did you do it for a solid 30 days?? I love my 30DS, over the bnak hol weekend I actually did that, plus Jillian's ripped in 30 & no more trouble zones. As much as I enjoy exercise I can't do the same dvd for a solid month, I know each level is slightly different but it would bore me & I'd lose interest. I'm best doing 5/6 days a week of whatever I fancy (or have the energy for!!). But brilliant stats Annya, really really happy for you :)

I did 5-6 days on and 1-2 days off a week Lisa, but I did have a long break in the middle of Level 3 as work committments took me away from home for a fortnight on and off. I finished it off in 4 solid days and was surprised how easily I got back into it. TBH I couldn't do it again like that as I also get very bored with exercise DVDs but I will definitely weave a Level 2 or Level 3 day into my work out week.

I also have No More Trouble Zones, Ripped in 30, The Biggest Loser and a very old (but exceptionally effective) YMCA toning video (yes, VIDEO!) from back in the day so I will do one of these each night plus a session of Gym Stick (my latest "craze") to do alongside my cardio of daily doggie hiking/Canicross (which I have just started)/Nordic walking/elliptical or Pooch to 5k - lots of this cardio involves my lovely Dobie Lily who is also fit as a flea now - she's lost nearly 2kg of flab and has ripped muscles down her sides and on her back legs now - not bad for an 8 year old neutered dog! Here is she is..........

DSC_0051.jpg

Awwwe shes lovely!! Glad she's benefited too from your exercise regime :)

I do love Jillian Michaels approach, tough!! I'm the kind of girl that enjoys bootcamp style workouts so Jillian giving you what for suits me. Must admit I did the NMTZ DVD Fri, found it hard but liked it, did it again Tues & hated it, not sure why. I like the fact that the others are 20minutes (ish) & you seriously work out. I'm hoping to do some everyday this weekend & hopefully see benefits soon. My arms/legs already feel stronger!

If you like Jillians you'd probably like insanity and P90x too

I do love Jillian Michaels approach, tough!! I'm the kind of girl that enjoys bootcamp style workouts so Jillian giving you what for suits me. Must admit I did the NMTZ DVD Fri, found it hard but liked it, did it again Tues & hated it, not sure why. I like the fact that the others are 20minutes (ish) & you seriously work out. I'm hoping to do some everyday this weekend & hopefully see benefits soon. My arms/legs already feel stronger!

Wi today and put on 1lb!!! Boo hoo :-(

Woo well done annya on completing the shred. I really need to get back into it it's just having time without the kids or hubby there lol

I am lucky in that we have a spare bedroom with a small TV/DVD I can hide away in and do it. I usually sneak up there around 9pm when there is nothing on the telly and he's watching the (boring) news - then wait for comments from him about it sounding like I am coming through the ceiling when I get back downstairs to which I retort "At least I am DOING some exercise!" - no answer to that, is there :p :8855:I have just done my first Gym Stick session and all I can say is OMG :eek: - I had a short go at the Royal College of Nursing Congress and loved it - but it transpires that was the easy version and I did the "heavy" version tonight and now there isn't a bit that doesn't hurt :eek: Still, it definitely works and I am going all out for the toning now as thwe weight loss seems to have stalled again...... if I can't get rid of the pounds I'll just have to get rid of the inches instead!

I'm not feeling very well today I feel
Sick and extremely tired :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awww - sorry to hear that my lovely - have you got the kid's lurgy? Feet up and a glass of wine if you have any "easing" left over :bighug:

If you like Jillians you'd probably like insanity and P90x too

I have tried both, but at 52 and with very dodgy knees and hips I found both of them too high impact. I shall leave them to you young 'uns ;)

I've not tried NMTZ yet and, like you, may not like it if it's over 30 minutes - my attention span in terms of fitness DVDs isn't much longer than :8855:

Yay! I found out I passed 1st year today! So so happy as its been a rough old year and thought I wasn't doing so well. Yey! Xx

Well got weighed tonight and gained 0.5lb :0 I'm in total shock! But so pleased with myself :)

They are very hard on the joints. Enjoying Jillians looking forward to getting a good run at 6 week 6 pack once get through 30 DS

I have tried both, but at 52 and with very dodgy knees and hips I found both of them too high impact. I shall leave them to you young 'uns ;)

Well got weighed tonight and gained 0.5lb :0 I'm in total shock! But so pleased with myself :)

Well done - I knew the majority of it would be food bulk :D

Annya said:
Well done - I knew the majority of it would be food bulk :D

Thank you! And we had a taster night tonight as well I made the scotch eggs that I got of here! So I was a bit gutted that I couldn't be like yes I'm happy with a .5 gain as I ate like a pig for 5 days lol

A STS for me this week ladies - but better than a gain I suppose :rolleyes:

DVD's hon they're pretty tough - its called extreme home fitness lol A friend of mine went from 22 to 13 stone using them now he runs half marathons in about 1:35!
Tony Horton is the guy that made it you can buy a nutritian plan as well but I think the videos should be pretty readily available at this stage.

Are they dvd's or for game stations?

DVD's hon they're pretty tough - its called extreme home fitness lol A friend of mine went from 22 to 13 stone using them now he runs half marathons in about 1:35!
Tony Horton is the guy that made it you can buy a nutritian plan as well but I think the videos should be pretty readily available at this stage.

Wow what an effect!! I'll look them up, thanks :)

OOOOOOOOPS I accidently went into ketosis.

Back