The really slow loss team!

I hope you all have great weeks and I will catch up when I get back x

Enjoy yourself Latte :) and bring some sunshine back with you!

Lou I just grate potato then squeeze as much water out as poss with a teatowel, add salt and pepper and fry in fry light. Sometimes I add onion but it's fine without. Really nice with poached eggs and grilled tomato with a little sweetener on x

Might try that with sweet potato actually

Ok so far today I've had just over 1 litre of water, I know that's not good but it's double what I'd usually have! Hoping for another glass before bed :)

Well done Lisa. Work on increasing a little bit every few days until you are up to 2 litres - sounds like loads, but it isn't really. I am on my third "house litre" of the day just now and about to go out for my run taking another 500ml with me!

I know this is tough for you, but you will notice how much better you feel (and look) very soon and I am sure it'll help with your losses to as your body won't be hanging on to every drop it can!

Well done Lisa. Work on increasing a little bit every few days until you are up to 2 litres - sounds like loads, but it isn't really. I am on my third "house litre" of the day just now and about to go out for my run taking another 500ml with me!

I know this is tough for you, but you will notice how much better you feel (and look) very soon and I am sure it'll help with your losses to as your body won't be hanging on to every drop it can!
Spot on Annya - SW recommend at least 8 * 250 ml glasses a day.
If you get bored with it try adding some NAS squash - my fave's are blackcurrant or vimto. Just 8 cals per 250 ml made up so syn free!
I certainly drink my 2 lt in the winter and I dread to think how much I go through in the summer - what with the heat it's probably more like 4 lt.

And deffo try to measure (preferably in the same place :D). I lost inches a few times when I was stuck at a plateau.
It sometimes takes the body a while to catch up the inch loss with the pound loss.

If you're feeling bloated it could well be water retention combined with carb bloat hun due to totm.

I hope you all have great weeks and I will catch up when I get back x
Have a great time on Costa del Sol chica - and deffo take some sun back to the UK with you.

Pom - Misbehaving = a loss.....how good is that!! :D
Yeah - I got away with it. First time in a long time though. I was good with food - just too much alcofrol to help with mum's visit.
I don't mean that to sound horrid - I find it so hard to cope with her ups and downs. Now with the dementia and he failing health and mobility it can be really tough when we are together for so long (12 days this time) as I remember her as the fit 50 something that was the life and soul of any party.

Last edited:
Ah Pom sorry things are like that with your mum. It's horrible watching age & illness take over someone, maybe it's better you're far away most of the time. I'm sure she appreciates your hard work to care for her when you're together.

Ah Pom sorry things are like that with your mum. It's horrible watching age & illness take over someone, maybe it's better you're far away most of the time. I'm sure she appreciates your hard work to care for her when you're together.
Thanks Lisa - unfortunately this is one of the things that mum seems to forget about.
She never was very good at accepting help and hates it now as she sees it as "a sign of weakness and giving up" so actually deosn't appreciate the help and never thanks anyone. It's a real shame as people would love to help but she rebuffs them and tells them to go away, so they don't usually offer a second time.

Dementia is awful but it's worse for the family to deal with 9 times out of 10. I worked at a residential home and families would leave in tears cos their parents or grand parents didn't know them or would act out of character it is heartbreaking. Sad thing to have to go through for al included, hugs.

Well done Lisa!!!!! I had about 5 pints in total today not sure what it is in litres...2.5? I'm weeing loads lol I'll be on loo half the night but it is worth it. Bet you feel slimmer in morning xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

More evidence of the water benefits - it stops sodium making you bloated and attaching under the skin in a layer that can PREVENT weightloss according to Jillian Michaels book!

Thanks Lisa - unfortunately this is one of the things that mum seems to forget about.
She never was very good at accepting help and hates it now as she sees it as "a sign of weakness and giving up" so actually deosn't appreciate the help and never thanks anyone. It's a real shame as people would love to help but she rebuffs them and tells them to go away, so they don't usually offer a second time.

I really feel for you Bev. My great Aunt Millie had early onset dementia (she was in her forties when it started to really show) and we coldn't get her to accept help. She was sectioned in the end after being found wanderng aboutin the middle of winter injust her nightie "looking for her cat" who has bee dead for years :(

My poor neice is now having to go through it all with her Grandma now who doesn't even know what day of the week it is. She worries so as her Grandad was always very active and sharp, but has gone downhill very rapidly after breaking his hip some months back and is struggling to look after himself muchless Barbara too. She lives several hundred miles away, there is little help from Social Services, her Dad has MS so he is basically housebound and her Uncle Keith is no use to anyone (a drunk and a lay about) so she really frets about what might happen. It makes me so mad that both her grandparents worked hard - indeed her Grandad was still working in a scrap yard in his eighties until he broke his hip last year! - and yet they qualify for little or no help now. Why do we bother to pay our taxes I ask myself?

Anyway - off my soapbox before I go off into rant mode :mad:

My heart goes out to you my lovely - it is not a good place to be :(

Well done Lisa!!!!! I had about 5 pints in total today not sure what it is in litres...2.5? I'm weeing loads lol I'll be on loo half the night but it is worth it. Bet you feel slimmer in morning xx

Would you believe I only needed the loo once in the night?! On a normal day of drinking next to nothing I can get up 5 times in the night, so that's a result!! I actually did get up almost "feeling" slimmer....but I'm still not feeling positive about WI tomorrow, due to TOTM. But I'll be good today & have to wait & see :)

Hmm mid week weigh in showing a gsin of 1.5 pound. Not sure why I've been angelic. But I have period pains AGAIN and different clothes on so I'm not freaking out just yet. Official weigh in is Friday so well see.

I know your TOTM has been very messed up recently but does your weight usually go up/down around this time?

Yeah massively I can gain 5 pound x

Ugh that's not good! Well I hope it doesn't interfere with your WI this week...it may balance out by Friday. My periods have never affected my WI but this week I've just felt a bit more blar than usual, even though for the first time at TOTM I managed to still exercise.

I'm starting to really think my weight issues are something to do with not having a period. I'm not eating disgusting amounts of food and I'm certainly not eating the cals needed to gain weight, but having 1 period in about 8 months must be messing me all about. I'm bloated all the time, and emotional, and my boobs have been killing for the last 2 weeks, I think my body doesn't like my pill very much. Lou what have you done to try and regulate yours? Anything? X

Back