The really slow loss team!

Check out the slimming world overseas forum there is Spanish stuff on there.

Well 0.5lb back on I didn't drink whilst I was away and calorie counting about 1500 but only two days still averaged about 1300 a day once exercise taken into consideration so meh

Wonder how much of that is carb bloat? Give it a couple of days, drink GALLONS of water and weigh again.........

Oh, by-the-by Pom is about on and off, but it depends how well her dongle is working (oooeerr vicar ;)) so she may be able to make suggestions yet :)

Right I've made the decision tonight do to VLCD, I've sent off for a taster pack of slim and save and I'm going to stick to it for 4 weeks, it does say on the NHS website it's recommended for 12 max so this should be ok. Going to start Sunday, I think it'll be pretty hard ESP cooking for the boys and bf, but they're off school from Friday so hopefully being out and about all day with them will distract me. Going to switch back to SW for my holiday in 5 weeks today then carry on with SW again after as I think long run its definitely more sustainable and does work if you stick to it, which I seem intent on sabotaging myself at the moment! 5 weeks to hols and no losses have got me panicking like mad, sooo here goes!! I reckon it'll actually be cheaper too! If all i eat is them then feeding the boys will cost loads less to. God I'm scared/nervous/excited! X

charl_young said:
Right I've made the decision tonight do to VLCD, I've sent off for a taster pack of slim and save and I'm going to stick to it for 4 weeks, it does say on the NHS website it's recommended for 12 max so this should be ok. Going to start Sunday, I think it'll be pretty hard ESP cooking for the boys and bf, but they're off school from Friday so hopefully being out and about all day with them will distract me. Going to switch back to SW for my holiday in 5 weeks today then carry on with SW again after as I think long run its definitely more sustainable and does work if you stick to it, which I seem intent on sabotaging myself at the moment! 5 weeks to hols and no losses have got me panicking like mad, sooo here goes!! I reckon it'll actually be cheaper too! If all i eat is them then feeding the boys will cost loads less to. God I'm scared/nervous/excited! X

Rather than a vlcd where you have about 500 cals a day and will put it all back on again have you tried reducing your cals to a safe amount of 1200 a day? I lost 10 pound in 6 weeks doing this hun and its sustainable and so easy with MFP. I still use a lot of recipes I used on Sw cos they are low in cals exceot the pasta ones lol so was easy but I just make sure I'm not creeping up calorie wise. Be careful doing vlcd's before an event like a holiday as uoull prob find you put lots of weight back on while your away if you go from very few cals to loads, it messes with your metabolism long term too. It's upto you and good luck whatever you decide but don't let impatience spoil things for you long term

The 2 pound I thought I gained is back off it must have been temporary bloat

Well I've been using MFP for a while too, maybe 5/6 weeks and it's not made any difference. I thought I'd try it for 2 weeks and see how I feel. As long as you do them properly they seem safe, there some info on the NHS website about them, i was going to do 4 weeks then spend a week doing red days and slowly building cals up over 1/2 weeks. I'm going to thailand so food wise it's healthy, loads of meat/fish/fruit/veg. I'll just stay away from noodles for the first week I'm there. It's just 5/6 months to only lose a stone is so rubbish, I'm going to talk to my gp tomorrow to see what they think before starting though. X

Rather than a vlcd where you have about 500 cals a day and will put it all back on again have you tried reducing your cals to a safe amount of 1200 a day? I lost 10 pound in 6 weeks doing this hun and its sustainable and so easy with MFP. I still use a lot of recipes I used on Sw cos they are low in cals exceot the pasta ones lol so was easy but I just make sure I'm not creeping up calorie wise. Be careful doing vlcd's before an event like a holiday as uoull prob find you put lots of weight back on while your away if you go from very few cals to loads, it messes with your metabolism long term too. It's upto you and good luck whatever you decide but don't let impatience spoil things for you long term

The 2 pound I thought I gained is back off it must have been temporary bloat

Charl I agree with Lou!! I've really worked hard to combine SW with calorie counting & the last two weeks it's worked for me really really well. Years ago I was eating 300cals a day & the weight dropped off me so quick but I can't tell you how rubbish & ill I felt. I know you get used to it after a few days but it really isn't worth feeling like that. Plus, if you lose the weight & then lose your way (like I did & it's easy to) the weight comes back on so fast. I got down to 9st 9lb & within 2 months I was 13st, that's when I joined SW the first time, & I'd totally messed up my metabolism This past week I've had different intakes each day which averaged out at about 1300/1350 a day which really suited me fine, I wasn't hungry & I made good choices when I had meals. I've looked into Slim & Save in the past but can't remember much to be honest, if you do it maybe give yourself a higher intake just so you don't feel too rubbish. It really can affect your mood which can make you give in & it will all come back on so fast.

Aww congrats Lisa!! Totally well deserved losses, maybe the little tweaks youve done is all you needed :) xx

LISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done matey!!! see you know what works for you, less snacks and less carbs. get the drinks in, when pom gets back you are so in trouble

Good morning ladies!
Thank you all for the moral support! I know all of these things (when you invite other people they are supposed to behave, you're an adult so whatever choises you make are yours, etc etc etc), I tell others the exact same things!!! But when it comes to me, (or us, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one) it's not that easy to put that advice into action, right!?
Anyway, I went and picked my mom up from the airport this morning (I had to get up at 5!! Good God!) and when we went home and I was making my breakfast, I finally told her that we're on a diet (she was asking me if we had tried a sweet she had given me last time I was back home), told her that I've lost 2.5kg in the past month and she told me that it was also her impression that my middle part (= nice way to describe my enormous tummy!) seems to have shrunk! But she thinks that the difference is more pronounced on my boyfriend. Which is absolutely true, on a week that I lose 300gr, he loses 600gr!!! Men...!
Anyway, I haven't explained to her the SW program yet, but it really felt good that at least she told me it's a bit visible that it's paying off! She's a really hard judge! Let's see how she takes the description of the actual program...! :)

LISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done matey!!! see you know what works for you, less snacks and less carbs. get the drinks in, when pom gets back you are so in trouble

Thanks guys!! I know Felicity that's 5lb in two weeks!! I'll await my punishment ;) I'm so so happy, I hope I can keep it up. This week I changed everything, I mixed up breakfasts, cut back on carbs & really watched my calorie intake. This has been my pill free week & I've read you can lose more then than the weeks you're on the pill (although I've never really noticed) so next week will be the one to watch, I'd love a hat-trick!!! :)

Good morning ladies!
Thank you all for the moral support! I know all of these things (when you invite other people they are supposed to behave, you're an adult so whatever choises you make are yours, etc etc etc), I tell others the exact same things!!! But when it comes to me, (or us, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one) it's not that easy to put that advice into action, right!?
Anyway, I went and picked my mom up from the airport this morning (I had to get up at 5!! Good God!) and when we went home and I was making my breakfast, I finally told her that we're on a diet (she was asking me if we had tried a sweet she had given me last time I was back home), told her that I've lost 2.5kg in the past month and she told me that it was also her impression that my middle part (= nice way to describe my enormous tummy!) seems to have shrunk! But she thinks that the difference is more pronounced on my boyfriend. Which is absolutely true, on a week that I lose 300gr, he loses 600gr!!! Men...!
Anyway, I haven't explained to her the SW program yet, but it really felt good that at least she told me it's a bit visible that it's paying off! She's a really hard judge! Let's see how she takes the description of the actual program...! :)

I'll admit I'm the same, it's easy to give advice but not take your own! That's really great she commented on your weightloss, that's a brilliant start to her stay. If you don't need to explain sw to her don't, just incase she questions it too much & it drives you nuts! Just stick with what you're doing & prove to her it's right for you & you are happy doing it :)

I'll admit I'm the same, it's easy to give advice but not take your own! That's really great she commented on your weightloss, that's a brilliant start to her stay. If you don't need to explain sw to her don't, just incase she questions it too much & it drives you nuts! Just stick with what you're doing & prove to her it's right for you & you are happy doing it :)

Oh I will have to explain SW! That's not even something to question!! :)
She will definitely disaggree with some of the principles (pasta and potatoes for example is something that in her mind makes people gain weight), but we'll see how it goes. She definitely won't be able to say that it's not going to work, since it's anyway already working! In any case I'll keep you posted!

Btw, congratulations on shedding that weight!! You're doing really good! :)

Well I've been using MFP for a while too, maybe 5/6 weeks and it's not made any difference. I thought I'd try it for 2 weeks and see how I feel. As long as you do them properly they seem safe, there some info on the NHS website about them, i was going to do 4 weeks then spend a week doing red days and slowly building cals up over 1/2 weeks. I'm going to thailand so food wise it's healthy, loads of meat/fish/fruit/veg. I'll just stay away from noodles for the first week I'm there. It's just 5/6 months to only lose a stone is so rubbish, I'm going to talk to my gp tomorrow to see what they think before starting though. X

could you put a weeks food on here or in a diary and ill have a look for you, but i MEAN everything. lisa did it and whilst i think she thought i was being a bit harsh and mean and she was a little bit reluctant to own up to the fact she was having a lot of carbs, she did take it on board and since cutting back shes lost 5 pound in 2 weeks.......its easy to think were doing it right, but a fresh pair of eyes can do wonders, ive had people look over my diet before and it turned out i was eating stuff that was high in syns thinking it was free and my portions were HUGE compared to normal portions lol....(remember mackerelgate)......if you want to put every morsel of food you eat on here, ill be honest (not mean) but i need weights and amounts and honesty, and if i can pin point anything i will let you know, if your eating less than 1500 cals a day honestly and not losing a hting then there is a problem and you need to go to docs, but i will be surprised if its that, 99% of the time its something thats gone a miss.

OMG OMG OMG....WI today & I've lost 3lb!! Absolutely over the moon :)

Thanks guys!! I know Felicity that's 5lb in two weeks!! I'll await my punishment ;) I'm so so happy, I hope I can keep it up. This week I changed everything, I mixed up breakfasts, cut back on carbs & really watched my calorie intake. This has been my pill free week & I've read you can lose more then than the weeks you're on the pill (although I've never really noticed) so next week will be the one to watch, I'd love a hat-trick!!! :)

WOOOOOOOO lisa...carbs was soooooo your downfall, and your on it now girly, i think its just clicked hasnt it? well done, i noticed your attitude has changed this past 2 weeks, no more excuses and your more positive and are just getting on with it and the hard work is paying off. im really impressed. what a turn around!!! second post......never mind 'hope' you WILL keep it up, and youll keep reaping the rewards :D and yes in my pill free week id have better losses too, but you still lost 2 the week before so theres no reason you wont have a loss the week after unless you slip back into old habits....which your not gonna do are ya? lol. seriously though well done hunni, you deserve it after all that soul searching and hard work. youve proved how much you want it, and i bet you storm your way to target now.

well the 2 pound i put on over weekend is off again today, woop. another pound will be off by friday (my official weigh in) i need these scales to start shifting downwards now a week and a half is long enough to sit at the sameweight!!

Oh I will have to explain SW! That's not even something to question!! :)
She will definitely disaggree with some of the principles (pasta and potatoes for example is something that in her mind makes people gain weight), but we'll see how it goes. She definitely won't be able to say that it's not going to work, since it's anyway already working! In any case I'll keep you posted!

Btw, congratulations on shedding that weight!! You're doing really good! :)

Haha ok!! :) I always say to my mum she should try SW & her standard response is "oh I can't eat loads of pasta like you". I eat past maybe twice a month. if that, & even then I only use about 75g dried! It's not much. I think some people automatically switch off when you mention carbs are Free, understandable at times but you can't dismiss it for that reason, look how many people succeed with it! Hope she takes it all ok ;)

Haha ok!! :) I always say to my mum she should try SW & her standard response is "oh I can't eat loads of pasta like you". I eat past maybe twice a month. if that, & even then I only use about 75g dried! It's not much. I think some people automatically switch off when you mention carbs are Free, understandable at times but you can't dismiss it for that reason, look how many people succeed with it! Hope she takes it all ok ;)

Yeah, we'll see! I'll probably be able to tell how she took it tomorrow, since there is no chance she'll let me go one whole day of not explaining what I am doing! Especially if I cook pasta with minced quorn in the evening...! :)

WOOOOOOOO lisa...carbs was soooooo your downfall, and your on it now girly, i think its just clicked hasnt it? well done, i noticed your attitude has changed this past 2 weeks, no more excuses and your more positive and are just getting on with it and the hard work is paying off. im really impressed. what a turn around!!! second post......never mind 'hope' you WILL keep it up, and youll keep reaping the rewards :D and yes in my pill free week id have better losses too, but you still lost 2 the week before so theres no reason you wont have a loss the week after unless you slip back into old habits....which your not gonna do are ya? lol. seriously though well done hunni, you deserve it after all that soul searching and hard work. youve proved how much you want it, and i bet you storm your way to target now.

Wow really?! I never really notice the changes in myelf, that's normal I suppose. I think for me it's purely that I love SW it want it to work so badly for me that I don't like to think that I have to tweak sw to suit me, I just wish I could do it by the book & lose, but I've now realised I can't. I've learned so much from all your posts about calories. I'm definitely sticking with it! I think I did have one or two days where in truth I didn't quite eat enough so I want to try to find a balance. I just love the fact that I eat SW food & count the calories & I can base my next meal on how much I've taken in. It's nice that way (& Lou I remember seeing your posts on things like this if you were going out for dinner etc) as if I want more with one meal I can adjust & tweak the next to make sure it all balances out. I like that as I still feel in control, & I'm a total control freak so that's great for me!! ;) I'm going on holiday in 10 weeks & had a goal of 1lb a week & I'm actually ahead by a couple of lb's!! Right now I need to work out exactly how many I should be taking in each day, according to MFP (which I only joined to work it out) I should be having 1350, does that sound right? Or too little? Pretty sure this week I've averaged out at that.

its working so stick with it hun, your losses may slow to 1 pound a week over the next couple of weeks but thats a normal amount of weight to be losing, i thik when people lose more than a pound a week it should be seen as a bonus rather than a given. i was having 1200 a day but more on a weekend and ive not really budged down, so im increasing my cals per day to 1400....im really scared to do this as im worried that it will mean ill gain but after getting on the scales today and seeing ive shed the 2 pound that was there the day before i cant see that happening, im still going low on the carbs though as i KNOW for me this is my major downfall. pasta is banned lol. ill have carbs at breakfast and perhaps a small amount at lunch but at dinner im not having any really. the lowest amount of cals they recommend you having is 1200 so i thikn if you start higher than that then when you plateau you have something to work with. you exercise a lot too which gives you some lee way, if its not broke though...dont fix it. well done again :)

its working so stick with it hun, your losses may slow to 1 pound a week over the next couple of weeks but thats a normal amount of weight to be losing, i thik when people lose more than a pound a week it should be seen as a bonus rather than a given. i was having 1200 a day but more on a weekend and ive not really budged down, so im increasing my cals per day to 1400....im really scared to do this as im worried that it will mean ill gain but after getting on the scales today and seeing ive shed the 2 pound that was there the day before i cant see that happening, im still going low on the carbs though as i KNOW for me this is my major downfall. pasta is banned lol. ill have carbs at breakfast and perhaps a small amount at lunch but at dinner im not having any really. the lowest amount of cals they recommend you having is 1200 so i thikn if you start higher than that then when you plateau you have something to work with. you exercise a lot too which gives you some lee way, if its not broke though...dont fix it. well done again :)

I think there was one day by 9pm I realised I'd only had 1100 but I wasn't hungry & it was late so just ate that little bit more the next day. I think what will work for me it to take in a different amount each day. My body gets stuck in a rut so quickly so if I do 1200 one day 1400 the next I think it'll keep my metabolism going. I've love for all this to mean I lose a little each week, I've never lost more than 4 weeks in a row. Started my Yasmin pill yesterday so there's always the possibility it will affect me somehow as it's v.different to what I was on but I'll stick with what I'm doing. Must say this week was extra great as I wasn't able to do any Jillian workouts due to totm, bonus! :)

Back