The really slow loss team!

Sorry it's a day late but very very HAPPPY birthday!! :) x

I've had a really bad 4 days of food, hence my quietness. And drank a lot of alcohol, it was good As my friend was staying for 3 days, made pretty reasonable food choices until I came home super drunk last night and ordered Chinese food and drunkenly demolished loads, I was pretty sick after though so maybe it doesn't count! Ha.. Feeling pretty guilty now but it's just one week and I'm going to work really hard mon-thurs to try and balance, lots of soups and salads.

Your all quite knowledgable on women's issues so I dont know if you have any advice. I didn't bleed at all on my pill for 6 months and then in the last month I've had 3 periods, not even light ones first one had pmt for about 3/4weeks and thought I was pregnant but finally came on and it lasted about 12 days, then had about a week off and another, not really any kind of pmt with that one, then last week was really emotional, teary and impatient and have come on again today and have the worst cramps and am so teary and my back is hurting loads at the bottom?! Any ideas if this is normal as its pretty bad, and each one has been quite heavy, the first particularly bad with like loads of tissue and horrible lumps (sorry I know this is a lot of info.. Im just a bit worried)

Thanks ladies xxx

Charl, firstly don't worry about the your "naughty weekend". We all fall of the wagon (some of us quite spectacularly in my case!), but it is never the end of the world and we pick ourselves up and get going again. Can I suggest you do the same? I think you may find you aren't the only one that has had a bit of a slip - must be something in the air..........

Secondly - I am afraid I am going to be no help at all about ladies issues. I had an endometrial ablation (I had the lining of my womb removed) in my 20s and haven't had a period since! As you say, there are lots of lasses with period blues of one kind or another on here, so Ia m sure someone can shine a light. TBH I am just glad I haven't had one for the best part of 30 years - they were HORRENDOUS when I did :(

Chin up honey - climb back on the wagon - tomorrow is the start of another week :hug99:

Last edited:
Aww thanks annya! I'm not feeling too bad, as my choices weren't horrific, no pizzas and family Size bags of crisps or maccy d's or anything, just meals out and loads of boozing. Def worth it, and really good catching up with people I hardly see anymore, it's a new week tomorrow like you say and I've been pretty good today so nearly back on track. :) xx

Charl - as Annya said, what's done is done but get back on track tomorrow. Do not let it be the start of a slide.

Your period sounds just like mine used to be - even on the pill. I used to have horrendous clots - sometimes the size of a grapefruit - so whilst not exactly normal it isn't unusual. And yes the cramps and pain were what used to cause me to black out on occasions.

If you've come off the pill at the mo that could be whats causing the issue now. But I think you said you are still on it. I would suggest going to the docs though and talking to him/her about what they think as you shouldn't be having 3 periods so close together when still on the pill.

Last edited:
Weighed in 1 day early early seeing as I'm not at home tomorrow.

Pah - I've gained. 0.7 kg (that's 1½ lbs) since last Tuesday.
But on Thursday morning I was showing a loss and since then I've gained 1.1 kg (that's 2½ lb).
Had spag bol on Thursday, went for a chinese on Froday and had noodles, and went out last night and had patatas bravas and bread.
Methinks there is some carb bloat going on here.

Been out for an Indian meal too tonight - as mum had no food in the fridge apart from some salad! More carbs - in the form of rice and paratha. Double pah!

Last edited:

But on Thursday morning I was showing a loss and since then I've gained 1.1 kg (that's 2½ lb).
Had spag bol on Thursday, went for a chinese on Froday and had noodles, and went out last night and had patatas bravas and bread.

Been out for an Indian meal too tonight - as mum had no food in the fridge apart from some salad! More carbs - in the form of rice and paratha. Double pah!

Arrrggghhhhh............. the dreaded processed carb bloat :mad: Never mind honey, I am sure it will be back off again soon with all the sorting, boxing, "negotiating" etc you are doing over the next few days!

I've had a really bad 4 days of food, hence my quietness. And drank a lot of alcohol, it was good As my friend was staying for 3 days, made pretty reasonable food choices until I came home super drunk last night and ordered Chinese food and drunkenly demolished loads, I was pretty sick after though so maybe it doesn't count! Ha.. Feeling pretty guilty now but it's just one week and I'm going to work really hard mon-thurs to try and balance, lots of soups and salads.

Your all quite knowledgable on women's issues so I dont know if you have any advice. I didn't bleed at all on my pill for 6 months and then in the last month I've had 3 periods, not even light ones first one had pmt for about 3/4weeks and thought I was pregnant but finally came on and it lasted about 12 days, then had about a week off and another, not really any kind of pmt with that one, then last week was really emotional, teary and impatient and have come on again today and have the worst cramps and am so teary and my back is hurting loads at the bottom?! Any ideas if this is normal as its pretty bad, and each one has been quite heavy, the first particularly bad with like loads of tissue and horrible lumps (sorry I know this is a lot of info.. Im just a bit worried)

Thanks ladies xxx

Charl I was wondering where you'd got to :) Sounds like you had a great few days, I think it's ok to enjoy yourfelf like that every now & then, especially if you don't take it back. You've got your head on to get back into it today so thats good :)

As for the personal problem, I've never had this myself. A few times in the last 4 years I've been put on Provera tablets for 6 months which are meant to stop your periods. I'd be fine but 3 months into them I'd have spotting, crazy periods, period pain with no period, it was nuts. From my experience that can happen when you're on something a long time to stop periods altogether, but as said I was on something else & different things affect people differently. Some side effects are considered a "nuisance" but I think if it bothers you see you Dr. It may be a common thing, or possibly something worth looking into. You don't want to have to worry x

Bah! It definitely sounds like the carbs to me too. I'm really starting to get all this "carb=gain/sts" business now. I've totally cut back & although I never ever get bloated I feel better. I hope it balances out for you!!

So much for my head in the game! Had a really good food day planned but felt so sorry for myself this morn me and bf went to costa and had cake and coffee. I feel even worse today, the pain was so bad I was sick and keep going dizzy. I'm pretty white as well, well even more so than usual! Doctors booked soon though so hopefully theyll check I'm ok. I need to go anyway now as being sick means I'll have to get morning after pill, don't want any little surprises now! Even though I have had the cake I put everything into MFP and still have only had 1100 cals net and 1402 before exercise ones. So hopefully it'll be ok xx

conlou1 said:
Been way over cals this weekend. But done the best I could in the circumstances. I enjoyed myself and don't regret it and fully accept any gain that I get, and feel it was worth it. But thank god I have a clear run at sticking to plan the next few weeks. I'm having a very early night tonight I had an hours sleep!!!

This was pretty similar to me. I am about 400 cals over but I didn't drink at all as I just didn't feel that great probably due to all the white carbs which I am not used to.

I hope you had a fab birthday weekend acc x

Charl I am sorry I can't advise but I am glad you are seeing the Dr x

So much for my head in the game! Had a really good food day planned but felt so sorry for myself this morn me and bf went to costa and had cake and coffee. I feel even worse today, the pain was so bad I was sick and keep going dizzy. I'm pretty white as well, well even more so than usual! Doctors booked soon though so hopefully theyll check I'm ok. I need to go anyway now as being sick means I'll have to get morning after pill, don't want any little surprises now! Even though I have had the cake I put everything into MFP and still have only had 1100 cals net and 1402 before exercise ones. So hopefully it'll be ok xx

:( Let us know how you get on x

Well it was a guy, who once he'd established I wasn't pregnant couldn't have been less helpful. No exam, didn't even touch me, asked a few questions and said oh well if it gets worse come back. He honestly couldn't have looked more uncomfortable with the issue and didn't actually look me in the eye once. He also said I don't need the morning after pill, even though I've been sick twice so if I then do get pregnant I'm going to blame him entirely as I tried to be responsible, as every other dr I've seen has said better safe than sorry. So that was a total waste of time and really unhelpful! X

charl_young said:
Well it was a guy, who once he'd established I wasn't pregnant couldn't have been less helpful. No exam, didn't even touch me, asked a few questions and said oh well if it gets worse come back. He honestly couldn't have looked more uncomfortable with the issue and didn't actually look me in the eye once. He also said I don't need the morning after pill, even though I've been sick twice so if I then do get pregnant I'm going to blame him entirely as I tried to be responsible, as every other dr I've seen has said better safe than sorry. So that was a total waste of time and really unhelpful! X

I got pregnant after taking the map anyway I think they're bloody useless. Sorry the doctor was rubbish. Go see someone else if you aren't happy hun

Well I'm hoping the rain stops so I can give this couch to 5k a go tonight.

Some Dr's are utter rubbish when it coes to womens things, I've only ever seen men (all 3 of my gynae's were men) & they were a bit rubbish & 2 of them had no bed side manner whatsoever. I think you should see someone else hun, it doesn't particularly sounds "normal" to me but again everyones different so it could be common.x

Back