The really slow loss team!

Well done Lisa!! Are you having a nice week with your cousin and her littleun?? I think you said you were going out for a nice meal today with just the 2 of you, hope it makes you feel happy again. xx

Well done Lisa!! Are you having a nice week with your cousin and her littleun?? I think you said you were going out for a nice meal today with just the 2 of you, hope it makes you feel happy again. xx

Actually no it hasn't been great. It's nice having the girls & noise for a change but im in such a bad way right now. I'm just crying all the time. I feel like I've gone into a depression again so going to have to consider what to do x

well done! thats brilliant! xx

Tried doing a red week last week, was so good and was expecting a big loss but only lost 1/2 a pound! Just remembered I also tried success express two weeks before that and again only lost 1/2 a pound:sigh:

half a lb, is better than no lbs :), what are you portions like? I know even when I completely stick to SW, and eat exactly all the things I'm allowed, unless I really keep an eye on balancing portions I don't lose, just seem to maintain. Maybe try mixing up the plans? 1 day green, 1 day red? weekend EE? then it might shock your metabolism into a little more action? Although losing any weight is fab, its so hard to shift the lbs! xx

Yeah Lou! Is that with the fasting ?

yeah i did a days fasting last wednesday, then had 3 days of tonnes of food at a wedding and then a party then hungeover, i then did a fast day sunday, normal day monday, fast tues, normal wed, fast yesterday and today normal....over the moon. ive eaten loads when i havent been fasting aswell lol

Woodland girl said:
Well done Lou! Yes, I am pleased with how it is going for me too and it's easier being good on just some days! Lol

Haha yes definitely! I'm on a DD today as id rather have an UD tomorrow when I do a roast dinner and go for a jog but it will be hard as its Saturday lol. But after a few week I'll alter it so I'm just doing 3 set DD a week rather than proper alternate days. I just feel I need to break through this barrier I was stuck at and get below 10.7 each time I've dieted in the past I've stopped at 10.7 and not been able to
Get lower, so it's a big milestone for me.

HIya all

need to have a bit of a moan feeling rubbish about my slow weight loss today (most days i talk myself round and i know a loss is a loss but somedays it gets to me) sooo i been doing EE so far and decided to shake up my menus' a bit and do a couple of green days in the week as someone said above! Also going to stop having cereal for breakie at work and make magic pancakes to take and warm in microwave and try not to have bread (sarnie) for lunch at work gonna make some SW quiche to have with salad and see how a week of that goes..........Wish me luck x

Hi - I'm back and just catching up with the last week or so.
I'll be back later . . .

Big catch up here folks. Well done losers and commiserations gainers. Too many to mention :cry:
Welcome newbies - I've not defected off SW so Auntie Bev here to offer advice when required.
But this fasting lark seems to be working for a lot of you old timers :8855:

Felicity - thank heavens your little boy is ok. That must have been so stressful for you.
Annya - did you get your big fat juicy steak and have a good birthday?
Charl - going great guns chica. Well done on the losses. You're right though about SW being the long term way - and that you need to reduce portions as you lose weight. I can't actually eat a big meal really any more. I felt so yuk on Wednesday after a large meal out for my birthday on Tuesday night. Won't be doing that in a hurry again.
Ber.x - I always have all my 15 syns. It's the only way I can do this!
Trash - if you're losing slowly it could be due to water retention because of carb bloat as you are doing EE & Green. Try cutting down on the manufactured carbs (bread, pasta etc) and sticking to natural ones like spuds and brown rice. If I do EE I am prone to gaining as I just eat far too much and don't control my portions. But on a red week with limited carbs I can lose big time.
Lisa - if you are feeling low then get back to the docs. Maybe a couple of weeks anti-Ds will help again.

tryingtolose - I feel for you chica with the problems with your mum.
Felicity - I can so identify with what you said about becoming your parents parents. I'm 57, she's 78 and our relationship is turning round so that she's the child now. Really hard on both of us but her dementia is not good at the mo which makes her scream at people about the simplest things.

And yes - I'm still a SW purist Felicity. After being at it now for 6 years (not dieting all the time mind) it is now second nature to me. I'm not always 100% any more now that I'm trying to maintain, but when I really tried and stuck to it it worked for me. Slow of course but I got there in the end.
Been maintaining now for well over 6 months - go up and down a bit too much - but I don't let it get out of control. As soon as I go our of target range I have a strict couple of weeks to get rid of the excess. Just wish I could maintain a bit better though!

WI tomorrow after a week of too many carbs in the UK but had a sneaky peak this morning and I'm quite pleased. I'll bore you all tomorrow.

HEY! I'd been wondering where you had been! Its been ages since you've been here :) Have you been back in the UK?

I love SW, I think I'll always food optimise in my head now, just can't wait to get back on the plan, well my own SW which means cal counting too, going to stick to red days now, as I don't really want to eat carbs anymore. Its my 6th refeed day from slim and save, and going well, I keep cheating a little though, but nothing bad, just a little extra protein or veg, which I don't really mind. I'm prepared for a little gain but I know its not fat, its just glycogen and water being replenished, so if the scales go up a little its no biggie.

I don't think I could go back to overeating now, today I had a Sainsburys potato and egg salad and some bbq chicken for lunch and was so full after, which had the tiniest bit of potato in, I can't imagine having a massive portion of carbs again. I have bread today for the first time in 4 weeks, for some reason I don't want it though, I think its because breads always been something I've struggled to control my cravings, so now I'm not craving it, I don't really want to have some then start again. I'm also getting a bit paranoid about cals, I've had 1040 today and it seems like so many after so few, so definitely going to be able to control my intake of everything, hope I don't ruin it all on holiday though, and just act like a pig. Although thai food is pretty healthy and I can make good choices. Booze though, hmm, no drink for 4 weeks, and I haven't missed it at all, I'll probably be hammered after 1! xx

HEY! I'd been wondering where you had been! Its been ages since you've been here :) Have you been back in the UK?
Yep - trying to sort my mum's LARGE 3-bed semi out to move her to a SMALL 1-bed apartment!!! :cry:
It been a nightmare - lots of tears, lots of rows (about throwing daft things out like odd buttons, rizla cigarette papers that were her brothers and he's been dead 15 years!)

I love SW, I think I'll always food optimise in my head now, just can't wait to get back on the plan, well my own SW which means cal counting too, going to stick to red days now, as I don't really want to eat carbs anymore. Its my 6th refeed day from slim and save, and going well, I keep cheating a little though, but nothing bad, just a little extra protein or veg, which I don't really mind. I'm prepared for a little gain but I know its not fat, its just glycogen and water being replenished, so if the scales go up a little its no biggie.
Be prepared for a BIGGISH gain. When people come off CD SS to go to to CD 850 or 1000 the average gain is 4-5 lbs in the first week.

I don't think I could go back to overeating now, today I had a Sainsburys potato and egg salad and some bbq chicken for lunch and was so full after, which had the tiniest bit of potato in, I can't imagine having a massive portion of carbs again. I have bread today for the first time in 4 weeks, for some reason I don't want it though, I think its because breads always been something I've struggled to control my cravings, so now I'm not craving it, I don't really want to have some then start again. I'm also getting a bit paranoid about cals, I've had 1040 today and it seems like so many after so few, so definitely going to be able to control my intake of everything, hope I don't ruin it all on holiday though, and just act like a pig. Although thai food is pretty healthy and I can make good choices. Booze though, hmm, no drink for 4 weeks, and I haven't missed it at all, I'll probably be hammered after 1! xx
Mum and I shared one of those egg & potato salads between us with a packet of ham and we were both full. They are a good size.
I struggle with bread too. I just love the fantastic fresh baguettes you get here. Hot, straight out of the wood-fired oven, I could eat one all to myself!

Oh dear, that all must have been very stressful for both you and her, emotional and physically draining I would imagine. I bet you're pleased to be home. Did she get settled eventually?

I hear ya on the bread, my bf is a baker and the house always has nice bread things in.

The average is 4-6lbs but about 3 of that should drop back off the next week as long as you continue to eat sensibly, but from what I can gather a lot of people go back to old habits when they stop a vlcd so they gain again. I'm planning on straight back to SW and now I definitely have my portions in control I'm hoping it can be a good last run to my target.

How long have you been in Spain?

Xx

Back