The really slow loss team!

Well done Annya!! You most certainly deserve it! I lost 2.5lbs this week, it took me about 8 months to work out how to make this plan work for me but I think I get it now, and I definitely don't think I can be classed as a tortoise anymore, which I am pretty happy about! 1st6lbs to gooooooooo! xx

Well done charl :)

I'm having a pants time atm. Hubby has lost his job, but it's really
Complicated, I'm trying to make a go of the make up thing but it's costing more than I'm making, were upto our necks in debt and I feel like hiding under my duvet until it all goes away. Been applying like crazy for jobs for both of us and I've also applied to go back to college to do an acces course to go do nursing. But if the make up does take off I may have to have a rethink. Food wise I'm doing ok, lost my appetite a bit then was starving yesterday then today not bothered again. Just feel like if we could just get a break or if I could just get given a chance wed be able to prove ourselves and it'll be ok. Lets hope this is one of those things happen for a reason phases eh?

On the makeup front I'm doing a bridal event Sunday abd in match I've paid for a pitch at a bridal fair so hopefully ill get some work!!! Otherwise ill lose work through lack of food!! Lol

Another 3.5lbs off!! :D

This is NOT slow weight loss Lindsay - you get lines this time as well as the naughty step and buying a round for everyone
:8855:

Do it again next week and Pom will have to meet out your punishment ;)
I certainly will - and mines a V & DC please

I jumped on the scales this morning and was delighted to see a pound off, so only one more to go to get it my first target of getting back to 170 and then into the 160s again.

CHUFFED!
Well done Annya!! You most certainly deserve it!
You most certainly do. Well done chica

I lost 2.5lbs this week, it took me about 8 months to work out how to make this plan work for me but I think I get it now, and I definitely don't think I can be classed as a tortoise anymore, which I am pretty happy about! 1st6lbs to gooooooooo! xx
Well done chica. Another V & DC please. Hic :8855:

Ok - for all you newbies, here is a recap of the rules.

There are only 3 rules in the tortoise club and they are easy to remember.
1. Lose more than a pound in a week and you have to head off to the naughty step and join in the party. :D
2. Lose more than a pound in 2 consecutive weeks and not only do you have to go to the naughty step but you are given lines to do as well. :eek:
3. Lose more than a pound in 3 consecutive weeks and . . . well I've never worked out the penalty as noone has done it yet! :cry:

Occasionally you will also have to buy a round of drinks on the naughty step.
This punishment is inflicted for massive weight losses (i.e. more than 2 lbs in a week) or if you are lucky enough to actually get to target.
It cost me a fortune in November 2011 as everyone came over to join in even though they weren't supposed to be there! :8855:

So come on girlies! You need to abide by the rules :)

Well done Annya!! You most certainly deserve it! I lost 2.5lbs this week, it took me about 8 months to work out how to make this plan work for me but I think I get it now, and I definitely don't think I can be classed as a tortoise anymore, which I am pretty happy about! 1st6lbs to gooooooooo! xx

Nice one Charl. It's great when it all finally falls into place :D I am such a piggy wiggy that I have to calorie count to keep control over my portion sizes and and my binges, but it does work pretty well for me under normal (well, normal for me!) circumstances so I know how you feel - that light bulb moment is a great one, isn't it!

Not so easy for me just now, but I am determined this year not to use it as an excuse to over-eat and then bemoan my fate in the spring when I have piled back on all the weight I have worked so hard to lose during the steroid-lighter months. I did have a bit of a fall off the wagon in the run up and over Christmas - old (bad) habits die hard - but this time I climbed back on the wagon and it is slowly slowly coming back off.

My aim is to get back to 12 stones (or even a bit below if a miracle happens) before the steroids come back down around April time then I stand a reasonable chance of shifting that last stone over the summer. Like you, I am about 1.5 stones away from my initial target and I am DETERMINED to make 2013 my year to do it *puts on very strong resolve face* - I WILL earn my maintainer badge this year :D

I lost 3 pound week before last and a pound this week, if I lose again Tuesday will I have done the previously undo able ???
Not quite chica - rule 3 states "Lose more than a pound in 3 consecutive weeks and . . ."
But you're doing brilliantly - so keep it up!

Think I`m in serious danger of being expelled from team tortoise! 9.5lbs in three weeks!!
Can`t believe it! When I was going to group I was a dutiful tortoise, never more than 2lbs a week. Now I`m going it alone I`m doing better.

If I lock myself in the stationary cupboard, can I stay please!

Think I`m in serious danger of being expelled from team tortoise! 9.5lbs in three weeks!!
Can`t believe it! When I was going to group I was a dutiful tortoise, never more than 2lbs a week. Now I`m going it alone I`m doing better.

If I lock myself in the stationary cupboard, can I stay please!
You can stay so long as you provide us all with cups of tea, on the hour every hour! And then keep us supplied with wine in teh eveneing. :8855:

Well done though chica that's a great restart. It will probably slow down soon though so don't be disappointed.
Mind you 2 lbs a week is good anyway - most of us on the tortoise team struggle to even lose a pound!

You can stay so long as you provide us all with cups of tea, on the hour every hour! And then keep us supplied with wine in teh eveneing. :8855:

Well done though chica that's a great restart. It will probably slow down soon though so don't be disappointed.
Mind you 2 lbs a week is good anyway - most of us on the tortoise team struggle to even lose a pound!

No prob! tea, coffee & alcohol on it`s way! WQon`t offer choccie biccies! :)

Might undo a bit of my hard work as we`re going away for a few days from Monday week!

Well, despite my carb fest all weekend I have managed to shift some of the last 3 weeks gains. Mind you I was VERY good at the start of the week and had hardly any carbs as I felt so bloated. Feeling bloated today too and I only had spuds yesterday which don't normally affect me.

Anyway, I lost 0.4 kg (0.88 lbs) which puts me slap bang on target - well actually 0.05 kg under but what's 0.05 between friends!
So lets just hope that I don't go too berserk this week.

Hello!

I am back! I have been away (from Slimming World) for a few months, tried Atkins with no real benefit but I missed fruit like crazy and I could not look at another fried egg, so I decided that Slimming World it is! Last time it didn't really go very fast and in the end I gave up altogether because of a slight depression stint for personal reasons, but this time I am a new woman!
I am sticking to the rules, I eat a lot more superfree foods (beans and pomelos and beans and did I mention the beans?), I am limiting the portions, I am working out whenever I have the time, I have eliminated chocolate altogether, I am definitely not using up all of my Syns, but I don't care and I am trying to eat very light dinners.
So far I am doing good, I feel good, not really deprived, my appetite has gone down and I am quite happy to be back!

Let's see how it goes this time! :)

I lost another pound :D
So I don't need to devise a 3-week punishment then yet! :8855:
Seriously though, well done chica. A pound a week is perfect.

I've been trying to find something witty to say for some time and can't think of anything appropriate so I guess I'm just gonna come right out and say what has been bugging me for some time.

This thread was inaugurated by a lovely lady almost 2 years ago with the following post
Anyone like to be in the slow loss team with me? Lol
I was loosing about 1.5 a week, now about .5 if I am lucky!! So many others are amazing a loose 2-10lbs a week I was feeling pleased for them but disheartened!

Anyone else feel this way? Like to join my little slow loss group to cheer eachother on? :)
Tracy
Since then we've had lots of lovely ladies through here who struggle to do the "pound a week". Most through hormonal problems or due to taking medication that really hinders their loss. Some people have come and gone because they have just given up. Others have gone because people are having huge losses by the tortoise team standards and it is starting to depress them and has frightened them away.

I don't want to stop anyone from visiting and posting - 1) I have no right to and 2) we all need the support of our friends on Minis.
I also know some of the big losses recently have been becasue of a week one restart where even I'd be disappointed if I lost no more than a pound. But please please please can I beg of you one thing. When you have a massive loss please think how you say it on here and just think of the truly slow losers who are struggling to keep motivated and stick to plan to STS, lose a titchy ¼ lb or (worse) keep gaining.

I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for saying what I have above (and I'll not shy away if you want to lambast me) - but at the end of the day this thread is supposed to be for people who are struggling to lose.

*** Hides behind the settee waiting for the flack to arrive *** :hide:

So I don't need to devise a 3-week punishment then yet! :8855:
Seriously though, well done chica. A pound a week is perfect.

I've been trying to find something witty to say for some time and can't think of anything appropriate so I guess I'm just gonna come right out and say what has been bugging me for some time.

This thread was inaugurated by a lovely lady almost 2 years ago with the following post

Since then we've had lots of lovely ladies through here who struggle to do the "pound a week". Most through hormonal problems or due to taking medication that really hinders their loss. Some people have come and gone because they have just given up. Others have gone because people are having huge losses by the tortoise team standards and it is starting to depress them and has frightened them away.

I don't want to stop anyone from visiting and posting - 1) I have no right to and 2) we all need the support of our friends on Minis.
I also know some of the big losses recently have been becasue of a week one restart where even I'd be disappointed if I lost no more than a pound. But please please please can I beg of you one thing. When you have a massive loss please think how you say it on here and just think of the truly slow losers who are struggling to keep motivated and stick to plan to STS, lose a titchy ¼ lb or (worse) keep gaining.

I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for saying what I have above (and I'll not shy away if you want to lambast me) - but at the end of the day this thread is supposed to be for people who are struggling to lose.

*** Hides behind the settee waiting for the flack to arrive *** :hide:

Thanks. Ill be really chuffed if I can keep up with a pound a week but as it's taken me 21 months to lose 50 pounds, which is roughly half a pound a week (I think my maths is shoddy) I do t think it will stay, ill start pms phase in roughly 2 weeks cue crazy Lou and crazy fluctuations for 3 weeks lol. I'd be pleased with half a pound a week if it stayed steady truth be told!

As for your opinion on ppl posting their losses on this thread, I apologise if its me, but as I haven't had huge losses I'm presuming its not haha, and when I have the buggar had jumped straight back on my ass within a month ;) your entitled to an opinion and I agree to an extent, I don't agree with ppl only posting to report massive losses and not posting anything else or offering thought or support to those struggling BUT I guess if they e had trouble losing in the past it may be total shock and excitement at losing large amounts and they could just want to share to give hope??? I'm not sure but your opinion is as valid as anyone else's and your entitled to post what you want and it comes from a place of caring, so that's only a good thing eh?? I've had a glass of wine I hope that makes sense.

Ps can't I have a mini award for losing 3 weeks in a row?? Heehee

Sorry girls this is totally off topic but i have got to ask ( cos am nosey lol ) I have noticed that some of you girls have your BMI on your signature. How do i find out what mine is and post it on my signature too? Thanks and sorry for interupting your conversation. I have been reading your posts and i too feel the disappointment of slow losses but i have gone back to the 2 original plans cos i dont think EE agrees with me somehow. Oh well i will have to until monday to find out if its worked.

hello again !!! just trying to catch up AGAIN. I am back on it again this week due to the 2lb gain becoming a 3lb gain........then its an 8lber!! jeez i am ashamed.

big hugs to everyone who has had hard times and illness etc and pommette I agree with your post. Back in the days when i could access the site from work and i posted allot I used to get wound up by people only posting about their loss....and nowt else.

Back