The really slow loss team!

Think i best join the turtle team if you will all have me lol. Today i lost 1lb. I am trying soooo hard and sticking to plan 100% . I think its bothering me more as i know i have at least 1 day out of every week in Feb that am not going to be on plan ( 2 days in last week so i suppose i should look at a gain that week lol). I hope you ladies and gents get the losses you hope for this week and if you dont dont worry there is always next week, * rolls eyes and should take own advice:rolleyes:

hi everyone think i need to join your group 0.5 pound lost in my first week doesnt get much slower feel i must be doing something wrong joined for some support and advice already feel like giving up

Stick with it! It can be very frustrating not getting decent results if you're 100% on plan. Do you have a food diary? As logging things can sometimes make you see if you're over/under eating. Lots of us do red days as EE doesn't seem to agree with us, I have to track my cals/portions as well as SW otherwise I don't lose so my fitness pal is a tool lots of us use too xx

im going to try and stay positive i.may look into the red days as im not sure eating carbs all the time would agree with me.but ive had bulimia for ten years and im.doing this to try and get some control over my eating with calorie control i can end up eating too little and getting obsessed so will stick with just sw for now thankyou for your support.

Hi peeps and hi newbies!!

I went to weigh in despite having awful stomach cramps, I've lost a pound again WOOO, really pleased. The weigh in lady said slow and steady wins the race, I said a pound a week isn't slow, that's really good I'm well chuffed ;) lol I know ALOT of ppl think a pound is rubbish but I'm pleased with that, in 4 weeks I've lost 6 pound, yes I managed to gain 9 in 4 weeks over Xmas but it I've been more relaxed with the plan as I want this weight to stay off, so a pound a week will do just fine :)

How's everyone else? Xx

Well done Lou!!! You're getting really good regular losses now, definitely doing something right!

I'm ok, in the middle of a little test, I'm doing a week EE and week red and a week green just to see how I get on with each plan and how each makes me feel. Red days winning (unsurprisingly) at the mo! Excited for WI Friday after a STS last week as I feel good!

Hope you're all good.

Annya I saw your post of Bevs diary, good luck for tomorrow xx

Morning all - late on parade here as my internet connection has been down since Saturday. Grrrrr
Just about to catch up for the last few days.

Well I gained 0.5 kgs again on Monday, putting me at just that, 0.5 kg over target (so still in range).
I'm losing/gaining the same pound - but that's normal when you want to maintain. Isn't it?????
Although I didn't have a good week and I feel bloated as we had pasta on Monday. It always affects me!
Also not "been" for a couple of days IYKWIM!!!! :8855:

Lou - yippeeeeeeeeee another pound off. It's really good actually hearing you sound so relaxed about "only a pound"!
You know I'm the champion of the pound a week or less team - it really does all add up and hopefully yu can keep it off FOREVER!!!

Welcome pin heart queen and Alsbaby (nice to see you here) to the tortoise team.

Woodland girl - lovely to see you again chica. You know you are welcome here - after all you started this fred!!!
We're not "dietist" on her and will not discriminate against anyone doing any plan :8855:
Well done for getting under the demon 10 st - and only 5 lbs to go. Brilliant.

Well done Lou, and others on all those losses !!

Thanks Pom, I have been reading the whole time, you lot are inspiring. Taken me years to lose 2 .9 lbs that's 2 stone not 2 lbs :) but so pleased I started the journey. Stay with it everyone. Be healthy :/)
I still think sw in many ways and have the odd day. It's just at this stage I need something else. Change works for me

I did pop briefly back to 10.3 but today back to 9.12. V happy about that especially since I'm not getting enough exercise. Being on the summer and cycling !!
Xx

Good morning ladies, I've been watching this post with interest, and would like to join if I may? I have lost a grand total of 3lb since restarting on the 15th jan 2013! I don't mind really, as I'm not one of these ladies who losses vast amounts of weight each week. I average a 0.5 to a 1lb per week. Oh well I never gained all this extra weight in a few months did I?!:eek:

I weighed-in yesterday, and on our wii, and it showed that I had lost a little weight, but doesn't tell you how much, so this week I have stayed the same. My weigh-ins are generally on a Tuesday, but some weeks I may be late, by a day or so, as I work as cabin crew.

Anyway ladies good luck to all who have still to weigh this week, and well done on all your losses.

Regards,

SB

Thanks for the well dones :)

Pom, I think losing and gaining the same pound is the same as maintaining, your not steadily going up in weight it's just fluctuating naturally with the rhythm of your body, it's normal to retain fluid and if your a bit constipated that won't help. Try having a couple of green days but have beans instead of pasta, if I make a bean soup I always go lol. I am really pleased with a pound a week especially when I'm this close to target, I could lose more but I don't want to restrict myself too much cos for me that's dangerous, and ill fall off the wagon. I'm finding it easier this way, I too need to start exercising, but I'm really not tolerating the cold very well for some reason, I do t know if it's cos I've shed my layer of winter warmth lol but I am cold ALOT if the time a d it's taking me ages to warm up, I've been sitting under a blanket on a night to keep warm which ive never do e in my life so the thought if going out jogging doesn't appeal at all

welcome new bods!! keep going and be honest about what your eating and monitor portion sizes-never guess your allowances and try mix up red/green/EE to see what works for you. or you can do it my way and drink alot of wine (well it goes to my head lou so its not as much these days) and pretend you didnt have chips for dinner and then moan you havent lost.

pom its almost harder to maintain than to lose, i think so anyway its almost not good enough is it (in your head) its an odd time maintaining and takes more strength and focus than the losing!

I havent weighted in yet....

. . . I do t know if it's cos I've shed my layer of winter warmth lol but I am cold ALOT if the time a d it's taking me ages to warm up, I've been sitting under a blanket on a night to keep warm which ive never do e in my life so the thought if going out jogging doesn't appeal at all

Lou, I'm cold all the time too! It's definitely the lack of a blubber layer in my case. Aparently there was a program on Channel 4 about it and it's all to do with the fact that less weight affects womens hormones (more so than men) = feeling colder.
Grrrrrrrr . . . or should that be Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1.5lbs off this week :-(

I am lucky to lost that a month. You do realise this is a slow losers thread and we are there to give each other help and support not just post with losses each week and expect a pat on the back.

So what you only lost 1.5lbs in a week on a good month that is all some of us lose sometimes less.

This is not a thread just to post losses which is all you seem to do where is your help and support to the genuine slow losers on this thread?

I am not going to apologise for what I have said and I stick by every word.

There are lots of other threads and groups that would more suit a regular loser.

We post on this thread as all struggle each week to lose even 0.5lbs and it is nice to know others understand what we are going through rather then those who lose easily each week

Oh my! I'd be thrilled with that, that's nearly 1/2stone a month if you lost that a week, what's to be sad about that!

If you look at all her other posts on this thread as she only posts weight loss no comments no support nothing then she has lost 11.5 lbs since January!

Not a slow loser by any account and I don't understand the :( which is why I got upset as since July 2011 yes over 18 months ago I have not even maintained my 1 stone loss due to health issues and various operations and medication plus steroids

I'm the same, i've been gaining and losing the same 7lbs since sept, and its taken me a year to lose 1.5stone on sw. thats 1.5lbs a month by averages... If I'd had a 1.5lbs a week losses since last february when I started I would have been thrilled and at target a long time ago.. saying that I was just trying to maintain from sept to xmas and did well until I gained a massive 9lbs a xmas so its spurred me on to get back into sw properly and get to target.. And yes xmas was excessive, but no waaaay did I eat enough cals for a 9lb gain in 2 weeks!! I tracked my cals (apart from xmas day) the whole time! argh..

Back