The really slow loss team!

I am also trying to lose a 9lb gain which I gained through being on steroids and I am still on them but down from 3 a day to 1 a day. I have never reached target but I am hoping this year now I have been diagnosed I can finally get my goal.

Ah I'm pleased your steroids have been reduced, I know from what Annya has said how hard it is to lose weight on high doses (or any doses really!) Fingers crossed we'll all get there this year! xx

thats a significant loss since january i think even though youve had factors thats making it even harder to lose weight that your still trying so hard and been so determined is very inspiring i hope i can be as positive as what you are

I am lucky to lost that a month. You do realise this is a slow losers thread and we are there to give each other help and support not just post with losses each week and expect a pat on the back.

So what you only lost 1.5lbs in a week on a good month that is all some of us lose sometimes less.

This is not a thread just to post losses which is all you seem to do where is your help and support to the genuine slow losers on this thread?

I am not going to apologise for what I have said and I stick by every word.

There are lots of other threads and groups that would more suit a regular loser.

We post on this thread as all struggle each week to lose even 0.5lbs and it is nice to know others understand what we are going through rather then those who lose easily each week

well said.

im still trying to lose the 9 i gained since december too :( i am so pleased at losing a pound a week since back at sw though i must say, a pound a week to me IS a lot...a pound and a half is ace! thats half a stone a month! if id lost a pound a week regularly i would have been at target AGES ago!!! im sooooo bloody cold guys, im actually starting to worry, im not ever cold like tis, im currently sat with a blanket round me, my hands are like ice and my nose is cold, i cant bear the thought of going out and when i do i shake uncontrollably. it must be due to losing weight but i cant cope!!!!!!

latte pleased they reduced your meds hun, youve been really doing well to not use it as an excuse to forget the diet. keep going guys well all get there eventually. i want to be at target by july...i have 19 pound to go....just have to not lose the bloody plot with it all!

thats a significant loss since january i think even though youve had factors thats making it even harder to lose weight that your still trying so hard and been so determined is very inspiring i hope i can be as positive as what you are

That isn't my loss that is the person who only posts losses.
I am still trying to claw back my steroid gain

Sorry I am quite upset about it all to be honest

Ah latte, :( just ignore it, I have WI tomorrow and dreading it, I've been 100% more than I still have 37 SYNS left for the week and done red days every day. So I'm really hoping I get something good.

Lou! I'm the same with the cold! I HATE going outside now, I just shake uncontrollably?!

I have 19lbs left too!

We'll all get there eventually, and the thing is that when we do we'll probably be able to maintain better, as losing slowly makes us so much more aware of what our bodies like and don't xx

Hey Lou, I'm often cold too !
Talking to a friend of mine last night, her goal was to gain weight, and she went from 6 stone to 8 stone and she feels lovely and warm now !! Lol

latte !! well said hunny I am so pleased someone has said it out loud (as did the lovely pommette). I agree the people who only check in to share a loss and do nothing else have always irritated me big time. posting a loss is welcome but when they only post about themselves is not welcome. like Lou says they dont read anyone elses posts and dont wish to engage in any support. I just ignore them and dont jusmp on the praise wagon.

Things will sort themselves out latte, its just not quick enough (which i understand) dont let other people upset you-you berrate yourself enough without them getting to you.

woodland girl how on earth is someone 6 stone?? they must have been ill?

Latte chica - lots of hugs coming your way hun.
Well said - I'd hope my post would have had some effect but nah . . . she probably doesn't read anything we are saying.
Just one of the post & run brigade. 5 posts = 1 to say hello and 4 big losses. I can understand the first one as it was a week 1 restart but as to the rest. Grrrrrrrr

Glad that the steroids are now reduced to just 1 a day. Lets hope this makes a difference and allows you to start getting rid of some of the horrid gain from them.
As you said, at least you do know now what the problem is and we'll all help you make 2013 your year to get to goal.

PS Sorry I've been awol - been at the apartment with no internet and then spent yesterday in bed feeling sh1t. Still not too good today.

Hey ladies, after a week on reds, less SYNS, and a few good walks I had another STS :( so disappointed as I really tried :( I'm going to try a week of greens and see how my body responds.

Any nice weekend plans? Xx

Thanks for all the support.

Charl have you done a food diary for your consultant or for us to look at as we might spot something.

It is so frustrating and horrid when that happens and you know you have been good x

Hello Ladies (and gents if you are here !) do you mind if I join you. This is my 3rd time on SW - been on WW and RC and nothing in between. I keep coming back beause I like the diet but it the past I never lost any weight. I always told myself that I was doing it rights but it didn;t work...that was before EE.

so I thought I would have a really good try again and hopefully it would click. Last week was my first week and STS, I thought that perhaps I wasn't having 1/3 SF with each meal and maybe I wasn;t drinking enough. Been on the scales today (4 days into 2nd week) and MIGHT have lost about 3 pounds... !

I am going for an Indian tonight (a family dinner) so have about 90 syns saved. More then enough I think.

How do you all keep going when you lose next to nothing. I dont want to give up - I want it to work

I'm not going to class, have joined on line thought it might keep me going a bit longer as I really didn;t like going to class, So any advice you can give me would be great.

Kath

Thanks for all the support.

Charl have you done a food diary for your consultant or for us to look at as we might spot something.

It is so frustrating and horrid when that happens and you know you have been good x

Well I have a diary, but it's pretty chatty so it's quite hard to see what I've actually been eating the last week. It was looking really good midweek but then jumped back up again. Grr! I think it might be the salt and sweetener, I don't usually have muller lights but got quite into them the last few weeks, I've been havjng a muller toffee with banana chopped in as a snack. So I'm thinking that might be it, and I had quite a lot of smoked salmon which has a lot of salt in, also I had 37 SYNS left, and usually I have all my SYNS. Who knows.. I'll cut out the mullers and banana and see if that helps.

Thank u! X

How do you all keep going when you lose next to nothing. I dont want to give up - I want it to work
Hiya Kath - welcome to the tortoise team.
I hope we can help you gain some motivation - because that's what it needs when you're a slow loser.
You have to WANT to lose weight - not just feel you need to - and then the 1/2 lbs don't seem so bad and do all start to add up . . . eventually.
Good luck chica.

Sorry Kath! I missed your post while I was typing.. welcome! x

Welcome x
I got told to eat around 70 - 90 syns a week as I struggle so much.

Charl - yes I got that when I ate loads of alpen light as my hex and I ate a lot of processed free food like mug shots. I also had smoked salmon for lunch

Back