The really slow loss team!

poor annya thats pants

latte thankyou anyway!

charl its a nightmare isnt it...i will try have sw chips later honest ly i will-with my syns from the vino

Thanks ladies. I am going back to my usual winter steroid dose tomorrow, as my bloods have improved a lot now, which will probably not make much difference to my weight loss (or lack thereof!) but should help with the thinning hair, bloated face and crumbling nails, bones & teeth!

The most positive thing of course is the fact that my transplant is happy again - I'm keeping everything crossed that it doesn't all all go pear-shaped again once the dose decreases!

Bad news is that Al's diabetes is not well controlled on diet alone so they have started him on Metformin and the poor guy can't stay off the loo.....sorry, TMI
:eek: Hopefully things should settle down in a few days but right now he is understandably feeling very sorry for himself, bless his heart.

Hi, Can I join?? This is my 3rd go at SW due to my slow losses I always gave up but I am now determined. Just wish I could get more off quicker :(. Is it true that exercise slows weight loss down? How can this be the case.... Confused.com :confused:. Any help and support would be great as I feel I get very little at home and work is even worse!!!!

Annya - hugs to both you and Al.

Annya - hugs to both you and Al.

Thank you dearie - I actually feel really quite well just now compared to the last few weeks; if the bloat would bu$$er off and leave me alone all would be pretty good in my world just now. I hate seeing Al ill though - he loves his grub (which is probably why he has developed Type II diabetes!) but he has no appetite today and is just mooching around with a belly ache looking very miserable and sorry for himself :(

There must be something in the air today. Every fred I go and read there are people complaining of being bloated.

Me too . . . been bloated for days and I don't know why.

But mine is now not being enhanced by excess food at lunch time.
We had an impromptu lunch out after the table shopping and I had paella followed by pan de calatrava.
It's a sort of bread & butter pudding but much heavier and stodgier and laced with something - although what I'm not sure.
And I adore it! Can't resist it - but I am feeling so pogged out and bloated now and I know I shouldn't have done it.

Heads off to the naughty corner to await a good telling off. :cry:

Cremes catalana by any chance. I love that stuff

ooh your a chatty bunch today!!!

annya :( what a crappy time your having bless your heart...poor al too!!!! i really hope your new lower dose of steroids help your weight loss as well as all the other nasties. i follow you on mfp and whenevr i read your diary i feel ashamed of the crap i put in mine, your angelic and its such an unjustice that you dont lose, you really deserve too.

charl, well done on the sts if youve not been good, if you have been good smash the scales, 3 sts when youve been good is soooo unfair!!!! are you having lady troubles?

pom, im coming to the naughty corner with my BOX of wine and bar of bournville. i wake every day motivated to be good then night time comes and i dont care...i just want no NEED junk. im like a junkie looking for a fix honestly its getting ridiculous. i am sooo spotty, bordering acne, i have had spots this bad for years (think i said that last post sorry) so i know its hormonal, i track my periods and i noted a week and a half ago 3 times that i had ovulation symptoms so im praying i come on. this is the worst munchies ive had in ages. i did however have a sw sarnie for lunch and almost sw friendly casserole for tea (had 3 yorkie puds and micro mash as got nowt in so using the freezer remnants) so all in all today its not terrible. i got steve to get me bournville cos its so sickly and you cant eat alot,so only had half the bar and got that country manor weak as p1ss wine. i NEVER crave choccie unless im due on so fingers crossed it comes soon and i can maybe get 2 pound off before my next cycle starts and i put 10 pound back on hahaha. payday tomorrow so im going to do some savvy sw friendly shopping. im gonna have green days, just to fill me up. im going off meat tbh, im craving potatoes and rice and pasta..which i dont usually eat so i think its better i have those than chocolate and takeaway eh? so its my last supper tonight. then im not allowed to be naughty. fresh start tomorrow...whos with me? we can go cold turkey together!

Cremes catalana by any chance. I love that stuff
Hmmmm so do I! But they don't serve it in that many places round here.

Oh Lou - ((( big hugs ))) coming your way. It sounds as though you're having a crappy time at the mo.
We women have to put up with a lot when it comes to the hormone front.
Stick with the green days - they'll fill you up more than red and cheaper too.

If you do fancy some meat though, use 80g per with 40g grated carrot to make a bol sauce.
If your kids are faddy on veg they'll never notice the carrot, and it makes it a green day recipe using the meat as a HexB but will also satisfy the carb craving.

Errrm I prefer plain chockie to anything else - I'm not really a chockie lover - but I could kill for Terry's plain chockie Orange which is my hubbies favourite and it's the only thing that he has to hide from me.

Oh and there's deffo something in the air. I bought a bag of treat size Snickers for hubs when I went in Iceland and I've already had 2! They are now hidden away where I can't find them. What's the matter with us all?

Well I was so hungry last night I ordered pizza and ate the lot! Finally felt full after days of hunger. Got weighed this morning and I'm 10.63/4 which is a miracle.

I've had a good think and sat and read my
Mag and decided to stop messing about switching diets. I'm sticking to Sw, so made a list from the mag of meals I like including puddings, and done a shop online to come tomorrow. Tuesday is weigh in ill go and whatever it says it is ill just take it on the chin and move forward. I started a diary in the right place cos my other one is on cc section. I've put a link on my sig do feel free to subscribe and kick my butt :)

The sun is out today so I'm just off to work then going to take the girls to feed the ducks :) I feel like I e gotten it all out my system now I'm ready to move forward :)

Well my attack of the lurgies continues. I've had dire stomach ache on top of my snivells for the last 36 hours. Bad enough to wake me at 4am this morning so I'm up in the kitchen having a cup of hot water to try and settle my tum.

But I also spoke to a friend today who feels exactly the same - running nose, sore throat, duff guts etc . . . right down to having cold shins which is what I've been moaning about all week. I've not been able to get warm for days despite wearing loads of layers and wrapping myself up in a sheepsking rug for the last week. Going to try going back to bed now as I'm shivering despite being wrapped up in said sheepskin and being sat by the gas fire. :cry:

Speak later chicas

Poor Pom - I hope your lurgie gets better soon. Its bad enough having a cold without a gastric bug on top it :cry:So far this year I have managed to avoid all lurgies. I am sure its because we now live in the back of beyond with few neighbours and every time I go to populated areas I am dousing my hands in antibacterial gel every hour on the hour....... and I rub loads round my nose if anyone sneezes or sniffles in the vicinity!

I am very fortunate that all my friends all know the score and stay well away if they have anything nasty, or even suspect that they do, but this is the first year I haven't had anything at all in many, many years - let's hope I didn't just put the evil eye on myself by saying that now :eek:

Be well soon my lovely and in the meantime here are some healing hugs.................

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thank you lovelies - I went back to bed at 7ish and slept until 13:00. Lovely hubs gave me a big cuddle when I got back in to get me warm and just left me there until I woke up so I feel a bit better now, although tum still a bit grumbly and tender.

Having spoken to a few people now this bug is going round here and is probably thanks to some lovely person importing it from the UK. I hate visitors at this time of year bringing unwanted little pests with them.

Annya - so glad you've managed to stay bug free this year - I remember you had a couple of nasty events last year.

I have had a nasty virus too! you cant get warm with that either plus aches and feeling dizzy and crap.

annya fingers crossed for everything and your hubby....if you manage to see him when he is out of the bathroom!

Lou i think we are seperated twins LOL i cant get back into it either-i convince myself of a reason to treat myself. stress being a big factor in it all.

Hi Jessie J !! welcome x

Hi, Can I join?? This is my 3rd go at SW due to my slow losses I always gave up but I am now determined. Just wish I could get more off quicker :(. Is it true that exercise slows weight loss down? How can this be the case.... Confused.com :confused:. Any help and support would be great as I feel I get very little at home and work is even worse!!!!

Can I say hi too. Slapped wrists to me for not doing it sooner - but I've been a bit sidetracked by the loo :8855:

And if I've missed anyone else then big apologies to you all.

Jessie it is true when you first start doing a lot of exercise you can retain water as your muscles get used to it which can result in weight gain or sts.
This settles down after about 4 weeks or so but for some people they never experience this and they instantly lose weight when they first start exercise.

Back