The really slow loss team!

I use cottage cheese mixed with eggs and last time I used a pasta and sauce as a base. It made 9 portions and I froze it

I am afraid I have to use Soya yoghurt which is all synned as I don't tolerate normal yoghurt that well anymore.

I did used to like the shape crumbles at 0.5 syn and they are veggie friendly or the WW fruit on the bottom fromage frais is nice. Both are usually on offer somewhere

An typical unexplained gain for me tonight. 1.5lbs on.
No reason no real change in things still been exercising no alcohol etc.
Not a huge surprise as I knew my stupid body couldn't sustain these little losses but I am still bitterly disappointed but I also know there wasn't a lot food wise I could change as it really was quite a good SW week.

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been AWOL, I haven't really been on plan properly for a few weeks so can't expect any losses really! Was close to giving up this week but feel more ontop today and really bloated from a green day.

Annya, so sorry to read about your gain :( it's so hard for you when you try so hard, maybe another way to look at it would be if you weren't doing this just how much would pile on from the steroids so you're doing amazing!

Lou I hope you are more rested? And taking care of yourself... For lunches what about a ploughmans salad with a wmeal roll? Pickles, cheese, maybe a hard boiled egg. Some fruit or a frittata is great rather than quiche you could make some for breakie then take some for lunch too.

Felicity I'm totally there too! Trying again.... I hope you've settled back in it?

Latte sorry about your gain too, maybe your body is just trying to regulate itself again after coming off the steroids?

Bev, well done on the massive gain which turned into target!!

Xx

An typical unexplained gain for me tonight. 1.5lbs on.
No reason no real change in things still been exercising no alcohol etc.
Not a huge surprise as I knew my stupid body couldn't sustain these little losses but I am still bitterly disappointed but I also know there wasn't a lot food wise I could change as it really was quite a good SW week.

I am SOOOOO feeling your pain Latte :cry:

Thanks charl. Nice to see you back on it. Today ive tried, had a lovely tea and stopped when full which was good. I'm feeling better after chilling out today, really starting to think about some form if exercise now, it's just so bloody cold :( I'm sick of it. Git a busy few days so going to have to really think carefully about food choices. Frittata is a good idea and nice cold, and I like the pickles and egg thing that's right up my street!! Thanks xx

charl its a buggar isnt it ? I am back on it for the last two days....ha two days and I feel like I have been trying forever!! I am actively drinking more NAS juice as i dont actually drink anything except tea and wine LOL

Latte it will be a testing time with that adrenal gland regulating itself again, and thankyou for the quiche/yoghurt tips

jo and malamobile thankyou also! I like the greek style mullers but need to find them on offer as I really do like them! I find all the others taste really badly of sweetners.

Lou busy=money I hope? I cant recall how to make a fritatta? can anyone give an idiots guide? that swith spuds isnt it ?

Thanks for the support it is really appreciated x

Re quick portable lunches have any of you tried the chickpea dahl loaf. I have the ingredients but not made it yet. Apparently you can bake it in muffin tins to get individual ones?

I never cook my veg for the quiche or egg muffins - I use the same quantities for both 6 eggs to one tub of Tesco value cottage cheese with chives. I just stick mushroom and spring or red onions in the bottom and pour the mixture over.

Do you have access to a microwave Lou?

I've done the chick pea Dahl loaf it's gorgeous!!! But really more ish :)

No felicity sadly most of my work atm is for trade, meaning I do the work and get professional pictures for my portfolio and it gets my name out there too, unfortunately there's a lot if leg work to do for free on this industry you can't just call yourself a mua and away you go. You have to prove yourself abd do alot of freebies. Even the top mua still do trade, if it's for say a top photographer abd the publicity would be great so it's a bit if a hard one to get into really.

Yes latte I have a microwave :) albeit a rubbish one lol

In that case could you just cook enough for left overs the next day to re heat or make speed soup or chunky veg soup or a thick lentils soup etc.

I like tilda microwave rice pouches when really pushed. They are syns but not that many and I always bulk it out with loads of veg like mushroom peppers onion etc.

Mug shots are evil but all you need is a kettle and have it with a salad or fruit box and it makes a filling lunch.

ah Lou thats a shame, but its got to be good for your business building huh?

latte whats the receipe as it sounds delicious that loaf

On my phone so I will link later it is in the recipe section on minimins under chickpea dahl loaf or something like that

I haven't made it yet so can't recommend it

ah Lou thats a shame, but its got to be good for your business building huh?

latte whats the receipe as it sounds delicious that loaf

I haveitsome where. You will love it it's so gorgeous!!

Yes it's good for getting my name out there abd getting noticed. It all seems really false but it's so competitive this industry you have to constantly self promote. I feel like a right idiot doing it but its with a goal of doing the job I love. So it will be worth it eventually I'm sure xx

In that case could you just cook enough for left overs the next day to re heat or make speed soup or chunky veg soup or a thick lentils soup etc.

I like tilda microwave rice pouches when really pushed. They are syns but not that many and I always bulk it out with loads of veg like mushroom peppers onion etc.

Mug shots are evil but all you need is a kettle and have it with a salad or fruit box and it makes a filling lunch.

Theres 5 of us in our house, there's never left overs lol. Abd it's the getting round to cooking that's a problem. But I'm craving a home cooked meal. I'm busy every day now and somehow have to fit in some decorating and swapping the bedrooms over :/ I could honestly do with some more time in my life lol x

its a mare isnt it Lou, i work during the day get home, walk the dog, pick up the boy, hoover the house, cook tea and teach my pole classes three evenings a week. for us it is the different cooking i have to do that is adding more stress. i am veggie trying to do SW and the boys in the house are not veggie or doing SW-so its a meal plan for me and another for the boys!!! Invariably I sort them out first and then i am over hungry and make the wrong choices then!

God I hear ya's! Who said being a student was a doss! I do 3 placements, in Uni every day, school runs, dog walk, food shop, makes everyone food then at like 9pm I can sit down! Although I still have work I need to do but can't actually face! Not exactly the bum lifestyle they portray! X

Several people I know haw had the chickpea dahl loaf and loved it
Recipe here on Minis http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/118490-chickpea-dahl-loaf.html

Re Frittata - it's basically a Spanish Omelette but can also be done in the oven = equals SW quiche!!!
Doesn't have to have spuds in - you can put anything you like in.

Our classic is onions, bacon lardons, mushrooms and grated cheese. Yummy - BBC call it Quiche Frittata !! :giggle:
Just fry the onions, bacon lardons and mushrooms in a big omelette or frying pan until onions are transparent and bacon starting to crisp up.
(If you can't get bacon lardons pre-packed like I can here in Spain - just chop up some rashers into 1/2" bits).
Beat 2 eggs per person (so I do 4 for the 2 of us) until light and frothy with salt & pepper.
Gently pour the egss into the frying pan and turn heat down low. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top!
Cook for about 15 minutes until is is viurtually set - do not stir just "wiggle" the pan to stop it sticking. Then use a plate to turn the frittata over and do for 4 or 5 minutes to brown the other side. Cheese will melt and go brown too!
Serve with salad or (my favourite) with baked beans!!!!
You can also add sausages if you like and turn it into a breakfast frittata- but it ups the fat and syns.
I also replace the bacon with Spanish jamon occasionally as I can get cheap off-cuts from the local supermarket! Even more yummy.

Go on the BBC Good Food website and key in Frittata and you should get these all pop up!
Frittata recipes - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Looks like we're having the smoked salmon and pea one tomorrow night!

Last edited:
Back