The really slow loss team!

Welcome NotsofattyPatty . . . you'll fit in here nicely! :)
It certainly helped me losing it slowly as I have managed to stay close to target now for 20 months - although I do go up and down a bit.
I just continue with the plan - adding the odd extra Hex here and there, plus the odd treat - and it seems to be working.

Welcome NotsofattyPatty :D I too gained in my first week of SW and, indeed, I don't actually follow the plan any more (I am now a calorie counter which works better for me), but I am still allowed by the other lovely ladies to stay on here anyway.

I seem to be gaining and losing the same 2lbs just now - I wonder how many more weeks it can last!!

Ho-hum........just keep on keeping on - we will get there in the end, but one thing's for sure... it won't be fast :rolleyes:

Thank you, Pommette and Annya, for your kind welcome.

You realise I shall do my best to break the rules of the group! The trouble is, I'm a very conscientious, law-abiding citizen so I don't think I'll manage it :).

You'll definitely fit in well here!!!! There are rules you know, and punishments for breaking them - but I haven't handed out any in yonks.
The rules can be found here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...573-really-slow-loss-team-35.html#post4946548

lets hope you do break them - that would be fab!

Half a pound for me too, gutted 15,10 want to ake my way to 15:09- feel like giving up! This week has been such a challenge! I have jst wanted to eat everything! Even things I would not eat before I joined sw!

Half a pound for me too, gutted 15,10 want to ake my way to 15:09- feel like giving up! This week has been such a challenge! I have jst wanted to eat everything! Even things I would not eat before I joined sw!
Welcome Sammie.
OK. Stand back from this and ask yourself why you feel like giving up and why it has been a challenge?
Are you due * week? Are you menopausal (Sorry don't know how old you are). But both of these can affect our mind and our weight loss.
As I said to RubyRoo last week . . .

Never Never Never Never Never think that! (ie wanting to give up)
Go down that route and you will just start gaining.

Work out WHY and WHAT the problem is. If it's hormonal or meds you are on then you just need to accept that it will be slow.
But you will get there.

You said somewhere else:-
This is why I've never done a diet before as I always end up falling off the wagon and gaining!
Are you doing SW? If so then STOP THINKING OF IT AS A DIET.
It is a healthy eating plan - Corny but true and it works.

It took me 3 years of actually being 100% on the SW plan to lose 5 stone - but I never gave up and I got there in the end.
It's all about WHY you are doing this and whether you WANT to lose weight or just think you ought to.
Once you want to lose it you will.

Last edited:
I agree with everything Pom says Sammie. I have been losing and regaining the same 2lbs for more than 2 months now and it is VERY frustrating :mad: I know there are reasons for this that I cannot change, but I keep at it because the only alternative is to give up and waste all the hard work that I have put in over the past 2 years to 'only' lose 17.4lbs.

By my reckoning it will likely take me another 2 years to lose the remaining 18.6lbs I have to go to achieve even my initial target (not my final target, which is a stone lighter than that), but I WANT to lose this weight, so I will. I just have to accept that it isn't going to come off fast (or indeed at all a lot of the time) and grin and bear it as I am not prepared to quit and gain back every pound I have fought so hard to lose and keep off plus more - and I have been down that road enough times in my adult life to know that is exactly what is going to happen!

I have accepted that I will have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life, but that is a price I am willing to pay to not end up dying young like my Mum did as a direct result of her obesity which she was always swearing she was going to tackle. Even in the week leading up to her death she swore she was going to join Weight Watchers and do something about as she was very ill, but sadly a clot in her lung killed her before she actually put her long talked about plan into action. She was 59 years old - only 5 years older than I am now :(

I know it is hard, especially if you go to group and folks who are still stuffing their faces silly are managing to lose each week (which just shows how they must have been gorging themselves before to have gained as much as they have
:eek:) but if you want this, you will suceed - you just have to get your head in the right place and your body will follow.

Us fellow tortoises will be here to commiserate or congratulate depending upon what sort of week you have had - you can do this Sammie :D

Morning guys, almost cried with these amazing messages! I feel much more motivated this morning! I am doing this for me, I do want to lose weight and I will even if its half at a time. Thanks guys really needed it!

H again, I guess my journey is like others in the fact that I have other issues in my head and my weight has been one huge jelly barrier to protect myself! I also lost my mum and although it has not ruined my life it has certainly cast the biggest blackest shadow over everything I do! Been pregnant getting married, even just going shopping is more difficult without your mum, when you see mother and daughter everywhere, but I'm here I can't complain as my mum is not and she has missed out so much.
For years I always said I wanted the old me back or It's like I'm someone else, that was just me refusing to accept that what stood in front of the mirror was me! And now I'm at the stage where old school friends are getting married an it fills me with dread meeting up and been the fat one now!
Of course my medication des not help neither does my contraceptive implant which is time for changing soon-I'm astounded someone in group lost 10pounds in a week! When I lost 3 I was amazed!

You have got this Sammie - and we are all here for you if you have a bad day (or 2 or 3.............) :bighug:

Thank you, just ate a muller yogurt I got for kids and just found out its 8 syns! I could have had a chocolate bar!!!!!!!!!!!

We all make mistakes. I once bought Full Fat Greek yoghurt my mistake - ate about 200g and discovered it was 9 syns. Ouch!
You're sounding much happier today. So lets hope you have a good day - apart from the mullergate :)

Pom and Annya have said exactly what I would say!

I try not to focus too much on the figures on the scales, nor on the days/weeks/months/years going pass, but think in terms of healthy eating. Even if the tonnage isn't shifting, the food choices I make are improving my body. Remember, you can't see the improvements to your arteries etc nor can you see into the future to see what would happen healthwise if you don't eat healthily.

It is frustrating to lose weight slowly, but I am convinced that the slow coaches are more likely to keep the weight off once target is reached - we have had more practice than the speedy ones!

Regarding the 'wrong' Muller - could you have your own stash of things that you know are free? I appreciate it's hard not to buy Synned things when you have a family at home.

Hang on in there - you WILL do it!

Another original slow loser here signing in to show support for the newbies.

It has taken me 2 years to lose just under two stone and get to target and I still find every day a struggle.

I only reached target the other week. I am not skinny my bmi is just under 26 and technically I should lose another stone.

I have various medical issues PCOS endometriosis and now possible Crohns. I was put on steroids for 16 weeks at the start of the year and put on 9lb without a single dietary change. I was on a walking stick due to severe endometriosis thankfully now been cut out. FWIW I am 38 I will be 39 next month

But I never gave up entirely and I knew if I stopped going to group or stopped following the plan I WOULD 100% gain back and more.

I still put on for no reason last week I put on 2lbs no meals out no alcohol everything written down and this week I only lost 0.5lb but I carry on knowing if I didn't I would be so much heavier

We are all here to help x

Nice to see this page active again! I have had 3 good days and gained a pound. Sigh. I think it's just last week catching up. Going for a little run now :)

0.2lb gain for me this week :( Not sure why.... there is often no rhyme or reason so I have given up trying to fathom out the nuances of my rather strange body habitus!

Ho-hum.... another week, let's keep on keeping on
:rolleyes:

Hey everyone!

I always knew I was a slow loser but over the last 3 weeks I've managed a 1lb loss.

It is so frustrating when I see how well everyone else is doing especially with occasional slip ups etc.
I am trying really hard whilst also trying to maintain a normal social life.

I feel particularly upset about it this week as I'd wanted a decent loss because it's my birthday on Tuesday and I have lots of plans for lovely meals and will no doubt have cake etc too.

Really disappointing :(

Keep at it everyone - iv managed to loose 6lb in 8 weeks despite staying the same over a four week period ... Iv switched to red days to hopefully speed up the old metabolism .... Iv had great support on here despite wanting to and actually giving up a few times :) x x

I won't give up because I like the routine and control over my meals - I probably didn't eat massively different to start with so maybe that's why.

I've done mostly red this last week but it's not really helped. I think I need to try a red week with minimal bread/potatoes and stick to more superfree!x

Back