The Rest of My Fabulous Life Challenge

Had fresh fruit, sorbet and carte d'or light vanilla ice cream for lunch. Just fancied it. Didn't want a sandwich/hummous/salad or whatever, so counted my cals and had a lovely big dish of yumminess. It really kept me going too!

So pleased to still be in control; if I'd been slipping off this plan, today is the day it would have happened. Felt tired, hungover, nibbly and it would have been SOOOOO easy to say 'oh sod it for today, I can start again tomorrow' I would then probably consumed enough calories to ruin any weight loss this week, then I'd have got disheartened, had all the ' i can't lose weight, it's impossible' conversations with myself and before I'd known it half a stone would have crept back and by the end of the month I'd be back where I started!

Not this time. This time I'm in control and it feels so good!

Ended yesterday on 1065 cals, gave me 135 to put in my 'float'! Very pleased.

Hopped on those dratted scales (why barb? you complete twit!) and STS! Deep breaths, remained calm, proper weigh in wed, so shouldn't be looking! Been angelic so will see a loss for sure. Might be 1 lb or 2 we'll see!
1400 day today, feel happy with that, so off to work I go!

Hopped on those dratted scales (why barb? you complete twit!) and STS!

Oh I dunno ..... what are we like????? :sigh:

Well done for taking the deep breath and staying level headed.

Up **** creek without the proverbial! Horrible day, can't even begin to describe. Came home, fell into two bottles of wine and a take-away.

If I had the strength I'd be cross with myself. I'm only not crying cos I need to see to type.

Tomorrow, well, i'll try.

Up **** creek without the proverbial! Horrible day, can't even begin to describe. Came home, fell into two bottles of wine and a take-away.

If I had the strength I'd be cross with myself. I'm only not crying cos I need to see to type.

Tomorrow, well, i'll try.

Oh Barb :hug99:

Sorry you've had such a sh#te day hun!!! You know what I'm going to say, don't you? :rolleyes:

* It's done.
* Don't beat yourself about it.
* You are showing such control and tommorow you will do that again!
* Everyone has a sh#te day now and then.
* It doesn't undo everything you've achieved!!!!!

Lacey...xxxxxx:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you Lacey, you are so kind. Trouble is all this worry with my parents is wearing me down so much and tonight 'dieting' just seemed so trivial and undo-able. Tomorrow I will hopefully feel a bit more like it.

Thank you for supporting me, I appreciate it so much.

Love

Thank you Lacey, you are so kind. Trouble is all this worry with my parents is wearing me down so much and tonight 'dieting' just seemed so trivial and undo-able. Tomorrow I will hopefully feel a bit more like it.

Thank you for supporting me, I appreciate it so much.

Love

You are MORE than welcome Barb :D

I think it's a great attitude you have about things like this, I really do. You knew it wasn't doable tonight and the main focus here is to put it to bed tonight when you go to sleep and continue on tommorow.

I have absolutely NO DOUBT that you will do that. :)

P.S. Have a ruddy good cry if it will help release some of the frustration:cry:. Then you can dry your tears, get back on here and refocus :D

Lacey..xxx :)

Thanks Lacey - crying is something I seem to be doing an awful lot of lately. Just feel soooooo sad almost all the time.

Dietwise, yesterday was a bit of a disaster but not total. Yes, we had wine, and a chinese, but i stuck with boiled rice and prawns and chili with no sauce. No prawn crackers or anything fried.

Got on scales this am to check damage and I have lost a lb!!! So there is a moral there somewhere, not sure what it is but it must mean something!

Back on the plan today. No messing.

Just saw this Barb - sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it. Being worn down by troubles is a sure way to erode your resolve - but you didn't throw caution to the wind entirely but had a 'little of what you fancied' ... you needed the TLC so that's no bad thing.

Hope you feel a little refreshed today. Be kind to yourself - it's a difficult time.

Sending hugs your way

Finding myself in a right state at the mo. Swing between positive about the diet and relief that i'm getting on with it and despair and total disinterest because of the other all consuming worry in my life. My Mum.

I ache with worry. I stopped by the Mothers Day cards this afternoon and then moved away quick before i started crying again. I must lift myself out of this. I'm mourning her and she is still here. Not for much longer probably, but at the moment she is.

OH being fantastic which is great, don't know how I'd cope if he wasn't. just have to get on with this and try to be positive.

Dietwise, I'm being good. I don't want to stop and I won't, I just wish I could dig up some real enthusiasm again. P'raps I wil tomorrow.

Feel better today. Slept well for the first time for ages and kept yesterdays cals to 950, so very pleased.
Weigh in this morning and I have lost 2lbs this week. Absolutely chuffed. Exactly what I was hoping for; so thats 8lbs so far this month. Will weigh on feb 1st and see what final total is for the month. I have been weighing myself on the first of the month, every month for 5 years whether dieting or not. It makes interesting reading!

So more sleep = calmer Barb. Todays cals are 1300.

That's wonderful Barb!!

Your new plan really, really works - I'm thrilled for you. :)

Thanks Debbie, knew you'd be pleased. I got myself quite excited doing my signature today and realising that i am getting quite a 'line up' of losses.

It is working, I knew it would providing I stuck to the rules, which 99% of the time I have. Yippeeee

They're so consistant too - you must be thrilled!

I am so glad i have read your thread barb. I've just been told i cant do CD anymore on medical grounds and just dont have it in me to do a 'diet' again.
I didnt really believe that eating better and exercising a bit more would give results but you have proved it does. Thanks for the inspiration - i am looking forward to being free where food is concerned. I just hope i get the same fab results as you. :) x

Hi Helen

I am glad I have inspired you! Thats lovely to hear. It has taken me a long time to come up with a plan I can really live with. I've tried other things but the cal counting really does work.

The twists I've added in of weighing on a wednesday and having a cal float have really helped too.

I am finally believing that i really am on my way. I am sure if you get organised you will do brilliantly.

I wish you luck, not that you need it, you just ahve to keep going till the jobs done!

Love

Excellent loss Barb!!!
th_YouRock.gif

Thanks KD - I am really getting the hang of this, aren't I? As i said earlier, seeing my weekly losses on my signature really thrilled me today. I can now imagine a whole line of them stretching out until I get to where I am happy with my size/shape/weight.

OH has booked a lovely overnight valentine treat - champagne, 5 course meal (oysters, which I'm a bit worried about) and a stay in a beautiful new boutique hotel. I am so lucky, we don't normally do much for valentines but I think he knew I could do with a lift. I will still go with the lightest stuff on the menu when it comes to it though - I know I can tweak my cals and make it all work.

Looking forward to next weeks weigh in already.

A good day yesterday, ended on 1150, leaving 150 to pop into my float. Thats working very well.

Felt very nibbly though, managed not to but it really was the first day I found it hard to control. Funny really because I still had cals left at the end of the day. Just proves I'm madder than i realised!

So, 1100 today (300 sitting in float if needed). Shouldn't be a problem.

Hmm, very nibbly again, so made the most of cal float and had 1300 in total. So very good really!

Still feeling low but that is not surprising really. 1st of Feb so got on scales and have lost another lb making the total loss for January 9lbs!!!!

Really chuffed, I know I am getting to the sticky bit now - all to easy to slip off. Not going to though, I've got my goals and I'm gonna get to them!

Out for a curry tonight with friends so may have saturday cals today, see how it goes. So 1500 -1800 is the order for today. (still have 100 in float too!)

Back