The Rest of My Fabulous Life Challenge

Shall we set a date then? how about early Sept, before I go away to Alaska? That gives us 8 months, should be enough, shouldn't it?

I'm happy for early Sept - or early Aug - or early July ... just as long as the weather is half decent and I don't have to wear a Mac! :)

I'm not really bothered whether either of us is near goal - just to share a few hours with such a lovely person is all that's important to me. The fact we'll be healthier and more confident having lost some weight will just be an incidental bonus.

You are so right. It's time we got together Debbie. I feel like my soul mate is waiting for me, just a few miles up the coast, so what am i waiting for?

We will get our selves organised and muster up a plan. I would love it.

Off to bed now, I'm going cross eyed on this lap top now!

Night, night, love

Sleep well Barb. xx

I did sleep fairly well, better than of late anyway. Feel a bit more settled in my mind now that I have a plan. I'd love to go on living in hope and thinking I could do it without any definite structure but the danger is I lose track of what I've had and then things start to drift off. I have got this biscuit problem sorted though, so i am pleased about that. I don't crave them like I did which is very pleasing.
However I need to have some really good losses to get me going. .4 lb is not enough. I want to see real differences. i'm not saying I'm suddenly going to go madly strict but with just 8 months till the cruise and 9 months till my 50th birthday bash, I need to get a move on.
Ideally I'd like to lose at least 3 stone. Thats around 5lbs a month. That should be do-able with a bit of organisation. 4 stone would be even better but I know how i respond to pressure so, i'll regard anything over 3 as an absolute bonus.

So, todays a day for getting organised and I will start my cal counting tomorrow. Out for a chinese and cocktails tonight, so not a good day to start really!

All sounds good Barb. You have the plan and time-scale in place which must be liberating.

Mentally, enjoying a lovely 'diet free' night before your plan begins isn't a problem and is like a closing of one chapter before the start of the next. Your target is very do-able in the time you have and I'm looking forward to hearing about your triumphs day by day.

Had a lovely evening; ate and drank too much but was on water before midnight, so that was good. Only snag was we did a bit of an elongated pub crawl and the weather was sooooooooo windy. I was having trouble with my breathing last night and this morning it's not at all good. So a day indoors for me I think.

Have woken up ready to return to my cal counting. I know it works for me and I can do it without piling the pressure on. I prefer to be organised really and at least if I know i've cal counted there will be no guilt attached when I've counted something chocolatey in!

Just going to re-visit my daily plan of cals and see where I'm at!

More later.

Ok, just checked my cal needs and to maintain I need 2336 a day!;)
So here's the plan;
Mon 1400, Tue 1100, Wed 1300, Thur 1100, Fri 1500, Sat 1800, Sun 1200. Total = 9400:D

That gives me a cal 'deficit' of 6952 cals, which should show a regular loss of 2lbs ish a week. ;)

I can be flexible with the days and amounts so long as overall I don't exceed the weekly total. I have built in extra for the weekend, which is sensible as that is when we are likely to be out and about. The lower cal days will be totally alch free. I will need all those cals for good quality healthy food.:rolleyes:

I have not allowed for much exercise. I know this is a bad time of year for me, so any I do will be a bonus, but I am not relying on it!:p

So there's the ongoing development of the 'rest of my fabulous life challenge'. :D

I am looking forward to getting this weight down once and for all!!!!

I think you mean 1800 KD, unless you have been fibbing all this time and are in fact somewhere in the region of 50 stone!

Of course if I was slim and slinky like you ,I would not have such a high allowance. I will have to keep reworking it as the lbs fall off. Which they will if they know what's good for them!

I think you mean 1800 KD

Whoops :D :D

, unless you have been fibbing all this time and are in fact somewhere in the region of 50 stone!
OMG you've guessed
th_Alex_01.gif

How are your parents doing Barb?

Not very good KD. Dad is struggling due to lack of sleep and worry in addition to his own poor health. Mum is weaker and weaker. I will ask the GP to call tomorrow as she has gone so far down hill now that I could not take her out, not even just a few steps. She really should be in hospital but then she would be fretting about Dad and I know he would be about her. Married 65 years and still so much love; they are so lucky in that at least.
I spoke to my sister this morning and she seems to feel quite strongly that Mum is not going to rally. I am not ready to say that yet but know that unless a miracle happens, she is unlikely to improve. I spoke to my eldest brother who lives in Gloucester, he is very sad and plans to visit sooner rather than later, which i think is for the best. My other brother has family probs of his own and is always in denial re my parents anyway. He always thinks they are 'ok really' even when Mum was in ITU following open heart surgery he didn't come to visit!
So, nothing good to report really. Thanks for asking, it helps to know that you are thinking about me.

Love

I think men can be a bit like that (not all men, but many). Maybe he could do with a push to get him down to visit. ;) He'll regret it otherwise.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that your mum isn't so well Barb. Look after yourself. xx

I totally agree KD. He may not have too many chances left and I know he will feel terrible if he doesn't see them. Trouble is he is rubbish with illness; he prefers not to think about it and I think if he doesn't see them he can kid himself that the problem is not too big.

I at least am finding the prospect of organised dieting a distraction. Never thought I'd hear myself say that. It is good to have something else to think about and you know how commited I am to sorting myself out this year. I am already feeling happier with the cal counting. It works and gives me the guidelines and organisation I need.

Have had 400 cals so far today (including a salad and 2 pieces of fruit) so quite good really. Aiming at 1200 today but any cals left will go into my weekly 'float'!

Thanks Debbie, we must have been typing at the same moment!

Mum is very frail and I will be very glad when the gp has had another look at her. Hopefully things will seem a little brighter tomorrow.

A highly organised 1st day cal counting. Had homemade 50g burger, dry fried, with salad and 75g dry fried acitfry chips for dinner. Yum. Cals so far for the day stand at 761! Very pleased, I am on a 1200 limit today, so even if I have some low cal ice cream and fruit I should have at least 200 to put in my 'float'. Very pleased with myself, darn good start!

So 1000 yesterday, very pleased. Today I have allowed 1400, it being Monday and grim enough without being hungry! So I will see how it goes. I am viewing 1000 as an absolute minimum, but like the idea of a 'float' so that if I need extra over the weekend or whatever I don't need to worry too much.

I was a bit hungry in the night, so I know 1000 is a bit on the low side but I do think this mixing up of the cal allowance might help with the weight loss; bit like I did on JUDDD. Not that I feel ready to go back to as low as 500. That really was a bit of a struggle.

So 1400 cals - would like to aim at 1200 ish but I can have up to 1600!

Hi Barb,
good to hear you sounding all rared up & ready to go on your new plan. You know cal counting has worked for you in the past so you will be just fine.
Sorry to hear things are still not good with your mum & that you are bearing the brunt of it, what with your sibling all being away from the area.
I agree that your brother does need to come & see his parents, his denial won't comfort him if the worst happens, maybe your GP could have a word with him, ask him when he visits your mum.
sending love & hugs
xx

Thanks Cheryl, you talk good sense as always!

A good day yesterday. Finished on 1118cals! Had allowed 1400 so now have 482 cals in my float! Very pleasing. Today is an 1100 day and tomorrow is weigh in day. I know I will only have been cal counting 4 days but I want to stick with the wednesday weighin as it really suits me.
Am finding myself a bit hungry but not surprising as my cal intake had shot up.

Had some B&J cookie dough ice cream on Monday - weighed out exactly 230 cals worth, hardly any. Last night had some carte D'or light and for 80mls(which was plenty) just 80 cals. Really made me think. If I had not been weighing out I could easily have eaten 500cals worth of B&J and not realised the damage. Do that for 7 days and thats a lb on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, yes, cal counting is the way forward for me. Bring on day 3!

Back