The Rest of My Fabulous Life Challenge

Thanks KD - I know you are anxious for me.

So far, so good. Took the tabs yesterday and fet no different in any way. No side effects etc.. but early days obviously.

One interesting factor that occured to me yesterday is that after a meal you have the tablets, then you automatically don't eat as it would mean another tablet or two! So, maybe some people have lost weight becasue they have cut down on the nibbling? I don't know but it will be interesting to see.

Still battling this blinking cold, a bit better but far from well. I guess it's just a really nasty one.

Oh well, i'll keep taking the tablest and we'll see what we see!!!!

Day 3 on proactol and doing well - have already lost 3 stone!:eek:
Oh alright, 3ozs maybe!

So far no probs, can't honestly say I feel different, my appetite is actually good at the moment but that maybe as my cold disappears I can taste stuff again!;)

I am pleased that there are no side effects as that worried me more than anything. I also feel a lot better and think I will be back on my xtrainer from tomorrow so that should help too.:cool:

I will weigh on Tuseday as thats the 1st of the Month and thats what I do. The again on Wednesday as that will be a full week. Don't know what to expect or hope for really; I think the truth is I am not expecting a miracl ebut a lb off would be really great!:D

Saw your post on the 'walking' thread (but didn't want to hijack it). Yes Barb, still about - just not posting too much i case I tempt fate and it all goes t*ts up again.

So far, so good though ... day 6 on SS and (dare I say it) 9lb down so far.
Glad the proactol thing is going ok - keep us posted xx

PS
Yes, Evan is growing so fast ... I posted that pic (I have literally dozens and dozens) because he's pulling such a sweet funny face!

Ok RD - softly softly does it! ( well done, said in whisper so as not to jinx the ss!)

The proactol thing continues to be fine. Am I completely wasting my time? Dunno, probably!

Evan looks so cute in that picture - he's a bit young to be smiling, but he looks like he is!

No - you were right Barb ... he's smiling!!

Hi Kandy

I am feeling a bit better but still chesty, which is a bugger on the exercise front.

Ok, 1st of the month weigh in - DISASTER!! Have playfully gained 6lbs! 3lbs since starting the Proactol - doesn't bode well for a good week one result.

How do I feel? Unsurprised really. I've done very little moving about due to feeling poorly, I've eaten more chocolate than I ever do (Easter and feeling poorly) and generally I have made no effort whatsoever to lose weight. Result - weight gain, hardly surprising. Slightly alarmed by the amount, but I probably shouldn't be.

What now - not sure.Too wheezy to move much and on high steroid inhalers (which may explain my extra hunger and nibbling). Not happy to keep gaining though so I am going to have to address what i'm eating and drinking.

It's weird though. I don't feel at all upset. I can see the reasons and I am not beating myself up over it. That is so unlike me. TBH I knew there would be a gain, I can feel that I am heavier, so I suppose I was prepared. But I am just so pleased not to be feeling like it's the end of the world. Its not. It's a few unwelcome lbs that i can shift if I make sufficient effort. Thats it, my life is unchanged by them, I am the same person with the same problems and level of happiness. Interesting.....

It's weird though. I don't feel at all upset. I can see the reasons and I am not beating myself up over it.

Hi Barb

This part of your post really stuck out to me.... I think you are cracking the whole weight = the definition of me thing!

I hope you feel better soon... the weight will come off, it takes time but life is for living... not losing weight all the time... if that makes sense?? !!

Take care

Gen xx

Thanks Gen - I think you could be right!

No kneejerk reaction ... very wise, very kind, very sane. You'll turn it around in a gentle, sensible way with no harm done to your mental health!

Hmm, thanks for the vote of faith Ladies. Feeling a bit concerned this morning. Since that nasty cold my chest has not been great, have upped all inhalers and been coping ok; yesterday we had a tricky day with Ozzie, he's been poorly and yesterday had a GA for investigation. All ok pretty much but very worrying. Also been really worrying about my Mum who's insisiting on overdoing it again. Also at about the same time I started the proactol.
Had a dreadful night last night with coughing and my chest is so tight this morning it's an effort to type. I also have pain in my right lung which I get when my asthma is at it's worst.
So, dilemma, is it the worry/the cold/the tablets effecting my chest so badly? No way of knowing, but feel fed up with it.

Weight wise I see no benefit yet from the proactol - in fact have gained so thats not great. Worry - well I'm stuck with that. Left over from the cold - stuck with that too.

On the grounds that I see no benefit from the tabs and I am concerned that it is possible they are causing me problems by a)interfereing with my meds or b)have an ingrediant in that I am intolerant of - I have decided to stay off them for a week or two and get well. I think that has to be my priority.
We are going away for a few days in a couple of weeks - leaving the kids at home to look after Oz and then a few weeks after that we are going to Malta for a week and I really want to be well for that.
So thats the plan for now. Couldn't care less weight wise - just want to be able to breath properly!

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough Barb. You're wise to stop any uneccessary medication until you're feeling better.
Glad Ozzie isn't suffering from anything serious ... thank goodness you're getting away soon - sounds like you could do with the break!

Feel lots better!!!!!!!!!!!

The main reason being that last night Chris told us he is NOT going to Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He went to see the practice nurse about the numerous jabs needed and she told him a few scary stories about malaria etc (including one where a young mad his age recently died!) and then she told him the costs and after a day of deliberation he suddenly said 'Mum, i'm not going. i'm going to have a holiday with the lads and then go back to college and get a trade!' to say my heart nearly burst with joy is no exaggeration. The relief. It is just amazing, like the biggest load ever has been lifted.

I also stayed off the proactol and increased my inhalers a little more.

Don't know for sure what did the trick, but I do feel I have 'turned the corner' - now if I'm careful I should steadily improve.

I'm so Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful news!!!! :D

Thanks Debbie - knew you'd be pleased. I am still floating about on cloud 9!

Just had a load of new clothes delivered! Whilst i was proper poorly I had a spend up on the 'shoe tailor' and bought lots of lovely summer clothes for my holiday. They arrived today and I only have one item to send back - thats impressive. i love that I can get trousers the right length and the prices are brilliant. I bought 2 lovely light summer dresses for £13 each!!!

I know I could wait till I 'lose weight' but what if I don't (which the mood i'm in I probably won't)- life's for living. I want to feel as nice as i can now, not put it off for another day. So I feel incredibly bucked up all round. Life feels good today!

So pleased to hear about Chris! That's fab news :clap:

I know I could wait till I 'lose weight' but what if I don't (which the mood i'm in I probably won't)- life's for living. I want to feel as nice as i can now, not put it off for another day. So I feel incredibly bucked up all round. Life feels good today!

You bet :talk017:

Thanks KD - I know you understood what a state I was in! Our children are so precious and much as we want them to fly the nest and enjoy themselves we need to know they are as safe as possible too!

Hugs to you KD for always being there for me!

Back