The Rest of My Fabulous Life Challenge

Ok make that 6!!! Another good day, very busy(which deffo helps), no nibbling (unless you count 4 strawberries), no booze, didn't manage xtrainer but will today.

Feel really inspired. Thats 6lbs in a week despite a weekend away. Very, very pleased!

Breeding yorkies - how lovely. I wouldn't dare, I am sure I would be unable to part with them!

Another good day so far. 5 mins on xtrainer. Out for dinner tonight so need to make very sensible choices and of course will not be drinking!

Did well last night. Stuck with healthy stuff and nearly a litre of sparkling water!!!

Staying off the alch today too - just feel better without it!

Did well last night. Stuck with healthy stuff and nearly a litre of sparkling water!!!

Staying off the alch today too - just feel better without it!

Good for you for not drinking - alcohol and me just don't work out either, but I love wine, just like you! I try and steer clear of it during the week, and, apart from the past 2 weekends, try not to overdo it at the weekend either. The calories in alcohol are astounding - a bottle of good red is around 750 cals!!!!!!! And that's before you take into account the food i need the next day to stave off the wobbles, and the food I eat at the time to 'soak up the alcohol'! Plus I always feel like dirt the next day, even if I've just had a couple of glasses!

I'm seriously considering stopping drinking when I'm out, and only having maybe one before I go out. It's such a tricky one - I love booze, but hate it, in equal measures!

Crikey - me too! It's definately a habit that I have got into and am consious that i am drinking more and more. It's not that I am plastered every evening, just that two or 3 glasses are a regular thing. i don;t have chronic hangovers but i don't feel tiptop either. The cal consideration is a huge one too - like you say, food to soak up the alch, food to get over the alch. It really is a totally slippery slope.

For me it isn't going out thats the prob - it's staying in! we have a pre dinner drink, wine with dinner, an after dinner drink. I just can't afford the cals. I've go two choices; carry on drinking (and therefore eating more) or cut the drinking down or out. I have decided that on these very strict few days before we go on holiday I am not drinking at all. I guess dropping 6lbs in a week sort of says it all! We are goin luxury all inclusive on holiday so i will be drinking(especially as champagne is included!) but when we come back I will be straight back on the wagon. i can't bear being this size and thats it really.

Dom, you sound like you are already in much better habits than me - so good on you. I guess you could cut back a bit more if you wanted too and reap the benefit. Be careful though, if like me it is the totally forbidden stuff that appeals, then you must not cut out too completely. I am finding it easy to cut out at the moment because if I fancy a drink I just think ' oh well, I'll have what i like on hoilday'. Thats me - always playing games with my own mind!

love

Sometimes I think I am as daft as a brush, other times I am sure. :rolleyes:
It has only just occured to me to keep a seperate diary on my computer as well as on here. It will be a real record of this final battle; I am recording my thoughts and achievements but not my food. It has also only just dawned on me that if I am eating healthily, not nibbling rubbish and not drinking, I can probably get away without being obsessive about writing every morsel down. :D

So, just done 7 mins on the xtrainer and had a lovely 'chicken pot curry' for lunch from M&S, just 250 cals and really satisfying.;)

I am also experiencing the benefit of repeated positive thoughts. I keep finding myself thinking about getting on the airplane to go to Vancouver in September, feeling slimmer and comfy, walking down the aisle without having to turn sideways. These thoughts are just jumping into my head and making me smile 'out loud' IFYKWIM. :D

It's great, I feel so positive and inspired. I am so glad I realised and recognised just how unhappy I was trying to accept my weight. I am so glad I decided to get on and deal with it, once and for all.:D

Just had a 'it's Friday - ought to have a glass of wine' moment! So I went and did 10 minutes on the xtrainer instead! Thats 17 minutes today, A new record for me!!!!

Stayed good all evening - first time i've been seriously tempted to have some wine, but didn't. My reward this morning, another 2lbs off! Chuffed doesn't really cover it!

A good day yesterday - very restrained all day knowing we were having wine and a chinese in the evening. Did 15 mins on the xtrainer too!

We had a good meal - i had prawn curry and boiled rice, ate about half a portion of each. Had lots of wine - but quite happy as it was just one night instead of 7!
Happy to be back on the very stict regime from today!

A very good day - 15mins on xtrainer and a long walk with Ozzie. Made a big family dinner as it's DH's birthday today but we could only all get together on a Sunday. No alch at all again!
Got to do another 'special' dinner tonight so will have to be very careful, which I will be!

Yes, going ok I think. Last night was Dh's birthday and I made beef wellington and strawberry cheesecake. I had some of both. Very nice though I say so myself! Also had some wine, which is a bit naughty but there again I didn't drink Friday or Sunday (which i had decided I could do) so not too bothered.

Out for dinner tonight, but I am driving so definately no vino. I will try to make sensible choices and avoid anything too calorific!

Can feel myself beginning to relax into 'hoilday' mode - feel less 'diety'; dangerous. I'm ok though. I know where I'm going with this. I expect to see a lb or two off on Thursday and then when I come back from Hols I can check how I've done and get on with it again!

So 2lbs off - thats 8 before our holiday so i'm well chuffed. Had it not been DH's birthday it may have been more but I am quite happy.

Off to Malta - kids in charge of Ozzie!

See you all next week - when I'll report the damage (to my weight, not the house - I hope!)

Thanks Mandy! i'm back and I did have a fantatstic time! We swam every day, the weather was perfect, the food was amazing and the cocktails! Well, lets just say I probably had one for every member of Minmins!!!!!
We walked miles, had the usual blisters but didn't care; feel so relaxed and chilled out. Lovely to be home though. There's no place like home!
Got on the scales and have gained one tiddly little pound! Very chuffed. So back to my plan. Going to continue as before this week and if the losses are good I will stay on my healthy eating/cut back the booze/,more exercise plan. if not good then I will return to organised cal counting. Love to do a bit longer without though as I do think I am less obsessive about food if I'm not calculating every morsel!

Thanks Claire - could have been a lot worse!

Having a tough few days. Big row with DH, unusual so very upset. We're ok now but I still feel down. All I want to do is eat and drink! I haven't but i want to!
Oh well, perhaps tomorrow will be brighter!

Well tomorrow is not brighter - just fatter! I can't believe that I can go on a weeks holiday and only gain a lb then after 6 days at home i promptly gain 4 more!!! Don't know where my head is. Will slink off into corner and stay there I think!

Back