The Right Plan

Nessa

Silver Member
ok so i tried ss last week and lost 5lbs, I went to my parents the weekend and all my hard work just went down the drain, I can't seem to stick to it as I love food to much and feel I am missing out.

I don't think ss is for me, as I cant keep away from food as hard as I try. So now I have to decided which step to start from, I have been thinking about the 790 and 1000ckal plan but not sure which one would be best for me. I want to loose weight and see a difference each week, now i know the best plan for that is ss but as i said i cant stick to it.

Any advice would be great.

:sign0009: :help2:

which bit of ss did you find really tough? I absolutely love my food... anything savoury and I am a glutton.... I have found that although I don't feel hungry doing it 100% I do crave food terribly and have to talk myself through all these occasions all the time...
I did VLCD before cambridge and found it harder because I wasn't in ketosis and the bits I was having turned into bits more and more!!!!

Hope you find the plan which works best for you!!! It is out there!

Have you talked this through with your CDC? S/he can take you through each of the different plans giving you the pros and cons.

The main issue is if you love eating so much, then you need to consider whether any of the CD plans are right for you, or whether you should be looking at WW or SW which allows you a wider choice of food.

Good luck with your decision - you know we'll support you whichever way you go.

I find the 790 great, I don't actually feel hungry due to ketosis and when I eat food I only have the recommended portion and enjoy the sensation of eating. I do not actually feel that I need to eat, but it seems to be keeping my cravings at bay.

I find the 790 great, I don't actually feel hungry due to ketosis and when I eat food I only have the recommended portion and enjoy the sensation of eating. I do not actually feel that I need to eat, but it seems to be keeping my cravings at bay.

That's how it feels for me, I don't feel hungry at all, like you said it's the cravings, thanks for that leehal i will bear that in mind.

My other half wont cook the family meal as he is totally against the Cambridge full stop, so wont do anything to help me. I have gave him the info and asked him to come to the docs with me or talk to my cdc with me but nope his mind is made up. I am doing this diet with or in my case without his support. i hate feeling big and unattractive.

ness alan wont cook either
it is basically will power at the end of the day
if you reall cant do ss then maybe try the 790 plan that leehal is on
he is doing great so you may be better on this one
dont feel disheartend you can do this i have every faith in you

just remember of you do the 790 plan you must stick to the portions sizes and strict food allowences

good luck ness

kaz xx

Im on 790, its my 6th day today and Im really enjoying doing it, Im finding it all very easy now.

I have struggled with the sachets, dont ask me why but everytime I make one it all goes wrong ... lol, so Im now sticking with just choc tetras. I put half of one in a mug and top up with hot water, making a total of 6 hot choc drinks to take me through the day. I have my small meal at night, which Im now finding I cant even eat all of that ... oh to think how large my portion sizes had become, Im embarrassed!!

I started on ss, but on day one realised I still had the whole issue of "needing to eat food" in my head and rather than go off the tracks switched immediately to 790, so far so good.

Weigh in tomorrow and I cant wait, Im really hoping Ive lost some weight, I think I may have seeing as this morning I had to do my belt up on the next hole ... yay!!

The big thing about SS is ketosis- which should take away any hunger- desire for food is 'emotional' hunger and SSing is a great way to breal that relationship with food. However, if you keep falling off the wagon then 790 is probably for you- you should still be in ketosis and you will see good results each week- maybe not 3lbs per week, but certainly 2, and that is pretty good weight loss. Hope you find the one that suits- as someone has said, talk through every option with your CDC.

One question- did you 'prepare' for SS by working dwon through the programmes. perhaps after a couple of weeks of 790 you would feel more able to give SS a good try?

I struggled at first with making the familys evening meal, but now I try to cook them something I don`t like, its less tempting to pick at.
Hope you find something to work for you, don`t give up x x

One question- did you 'prepare' for SS by working dwon through the programmes. perhaps after a couple of weeks of 790 you would feel more able to give SS a good try?

I did not do any preparing before going on the ss, maybe that's where i went wrong? I have read up on 790 plan and it looks like this is for me. so i am going to give that a go. Thank you everyone so much.

I don't yet have the yellow book kaz has kindly sent one in the post to me so just waiting on that, do anyone know where i can get the infor from on what i can eat on the 790?

Back