The road is long..........

RubyCloud

The road is long, With many a winding turn, That leads us to who knows where, Who knows where.........

At the moment, I know where I am, I'm pretty much back at the beginning, Back to where I was in January 2010. In November 2009 I was floored by a severe chest infection. On oxygen and steroids I felt awful then my Doctor told me I was also overweight at 5' and 11 stone 8 1/2lbs. I took little notice, more importantly I had to stop smoking. I did. On New Year's Day I looked at the photos from the party the night before. OMG!!!! My friend 'phoned and asked what I was up to - "eating a tangerine" I replied "and that's all I'll be eating today" She told me about SW and said "I'll come with you". I looked it up on the internet finding a class near home. We struggled through the snow to our first meeting. She steadily lost one and half or two pounds every week. My loss was erratic to say the least and non-existant when the creme eggs hit the shops!!! Oddly enough, we both received our 2 stone awards the same night. I was elated. I had a ways to go but was past the worst.....I thought. I've never really been ill as such so in September 2010 after a very painful passing of a gallstone a routine test showed up a dodgy thryoid!!! I had to look both conditions up on the internet. The weight started to creep back on. I took the prescribed meds and now, thankfully, my levels are within range. So now, back to tackling the weight...............

Just wanted to wish you luck :)

Thank you Tillymax. I now it's not going to be easy, but I'm enjoying the challenge and that of finding my way around this site!

Good luck from another newbie, RubyCloud. I can totally relate to erratic weightloss/eating habits, although I hate creme eggs:)

Back