The Road Less Travelled

Wow thats some shopping trip Lynn!!! Good on you though, after making it to your target you deserve a shopping trip! You got loads for the money too, which must feel good.. a lot of bigger clothes cost so much more than going to regular shops so thats a bonus of being thin too!

Being really honest I think the Marisota dress is very pretty, but you are very slim now and the shorter slimmer fitting dress sounds more appropriate for showing off your new fab figure!!!! Youve got it Lynn and youve worked hard for your new body.... get it out there!!!!

I think the slow introduction of the shopping to the OH is a wise move, especially if youre still working on him for the eternity ring lol!!

Its amazing youre still losing inches, shows that your body is still burning the fat even if its not showing immediately on the scales. The slow and steady approach to increasing your cals is definitely a good idea as you can see how your body reacts to things. How are your blood sugars now, have you been to the docs recently, i bet they will be so happy with your progress and the impact of your weightloss on your general health.

On the sparkly shoes hunt, have you tried Debenhams they have a 25% sale at the moment and have some lovely shoes at bargain prices!

How exciting having an xmas party to get dolled up for, i love the whole getting ready for a big night out... all the better now for you when you know youre going to look fantastic... Such happy days to come Lynn!!

xxx

The Xmas dress is beautiful Lynn;) And I blame you if I'll shop this weekend, that list makes me crave for shopping!!

Food wise I don't have nothing to add because I think you're doing great ;)

What can i say but OMG you know how to shop lol

Like Aline said i'll blame you if i go clothes shopping this weekend :D

Bad migraine today, had to leave work early with it, even went to the doctor as i lost the vision in my left eye for a while which scared me. I slept all afternoon and head is still a bit dodgy. This has been building up for a few days though, I hope im over the worst of it now. Havnt had a migraine for months, I used to get them regularly and was on beta blockers for a long time as a daily med to keep them under control. I wonder if its anything to do with the wine ive drunk this week. Hope not.

Food today
B. Exante shake
L. small bowl lentil soup
D. chicken breast sausage and veg

About 650 cals i think

Oh lynn, hope you feel better now.

Actually I think it's the wine. I know you don't drink much; only the common daily glass at evening but your body isn't used to alcohol. Also, you eat little and when people eat less they tend to be more sensitive to the adverse effects of alcohol.

Cut the wine glass for a few days just to see if that's it or not;)

Good night x

I think your right Aline, really what do i expect lol. I havnt drunk for years and then have a glass of red every day for a week and get a migraine lol. It does kinda make sense.

My WI this morning was good, still at 11.8.5. So at least the maintaining is working!

its 11am and ive only just got up, hubby is still in bed. I told him i wanted to go to town today but no sign of movement from him, and he pretty much gets up early every day even weekends, so i sense a lack of keeness from that direction lol. Ill make some scrambled egg and take him some up, that might get him moving.

well done on maintaing Lynn, thats briliant!

Hope the migrane has passed, its a shame if its the wine, maybe it will just take a bit of time to build up a tolerance level...

Something lovely about a lazy saturday, it feels so indulgent.. but then there are sooooo many sales on in the shops at the moment... it would be a crime against shopping not to go and have a look ;)

Enjoy your scrambed egg, hope you have a good day!

xx

Maybe hubbys avoiding getting up due to yer price of diamonds lol. Any news on that ring yet?

Hope you had a lovely day :)

Maybe hubbys avoiding getting up due to yer price of diamonds lol. Any news on that ring yet?

Hope you had a lovely day :)

The price of diamonds may have had something to do with it lol. We did get into town today and had a look at lots of sparkly rings! We found the one i want :) Its 5 diamonds in a row. Its going to be my Xmas present :). Hubby also bought me a beautiful crystal necklace to wear for the Xmas party. He is pretty good to me :)

And i bought my sparkly shoes today! Black strappy shoes with a crystal encrusted bow on the side, very pretty and not too high, so my feet wont suffer too much on the night.

Went out for Indian meal this evening, was so delicious! I feel as if ive eaten loads today, no idea how many calories, but the indian was lovely.

B. 2 eggs scrambled on small slice of wholemeal
L. 1 slice of small wholemeal with about 1 tbs of coronation chicken sandwich filling
D. Ohhh lots of food! Starter was Crab Masala, omg was that delicious. Then hubby and i shared a Chicken Shapla, Lamb Achari a plain rice and he had a bombay aloo of which i had a tiny bit. Then i had 1 of my 15g tiny bars of green and blacks chocolates when i got home. Im stuffed!!!

Calories???? about 2000 i should think lol

Mouth watering ... the curry sounds amazing!!! I am having cravings for it...

Wow the ring does sound lovely, you deserve it.... that will be a nice xmas present to open.

Glad you got your shoes sorted xx

Girl, is it my imagination or do you actually go shopping several times a week? :p

You can´t complain about your hubby;) Not only he gives you the diamond ring, but also some beautiful extras, like the necklace:)

Btw, yesterday I went clothes and shoes shopping. I think that reading your diary triggered it, hehe

Have a great Sunday Lynn x

Girl, is it my imagination or do you actually go shopping several times a week? :p

You can´t complain about your hubby;) Not only he gives you the diamond ring, but also some beautiful extras, like the necklace:)

Btw, yesterday I went clothes and shoes shopping. I think that reading your diary triggered it, hehe

Have a great Sunday Lynn x

Shopping is the new bingeing lol. I have become something of a shopaholic, just making up for lost time lol.

Hope you had a great day shopping!

Glad you found shoes and that amazing ring :D Your hubby is sooooo good to you :D He must be so proud of your achievement D

Shopping instead of having a binge... im going to use that as my excuse from now until xmas... lol xx

Lynn i was showing my mum your pictures and i want to say thank you.. You're her inspiration, as she's finally listening to be and doing low carb, she's borderline diabetic and i've been trying to convince her for months. She tried it for a month in june, lost a stone but then the evil older sister convinced her it was bad for her and she'd have high cholestrol, yadda yadda yadda..but thanks to seeing how well you've done, and how awesome you're looking she's back on it :) x

Ohh thats wonderful! Im so pleased that your mum is giving low carb another go. It doesnt have to mean high fat either as in the Atkins way, I stick to low carb low cal and my blood readings are coming in regualarly at less than 5 now, in fact i havnt had a reading over 4.8 for weeks, bar when i had indian the other night. If your mum can stand to give up the pasta potatoes and sugary carby stuff then she will do well on it. You can tell her the last blood test I had for cholestrol were all under the normal levels as well and i had very high cholestrol before, 1 reading was off the scale!. And i do still eat bread, 2 small slices from a small Hovis (when Tesco deign to have it on the shelf) is just 19g carbs, so i can still have a sandwich every day if i want one. Well done to your mum, and a big well done to you too on your incredible weight loss!

The general medical advice for anyone verging on diabetes or have type 2 as i do, is to have a low fat high complex carb diet. I dont know anyone this has actually worked for although im sure there must be. It certainly did nothing for my high blood sugar levels. In fact i remember at one point taking my monitor back to the doctor and showing her a reading of 16 after i had eaten a salad with 4 small new potatoes. She said she couldnt understand why just a few potaotes would push my bloods up so high. I floundered with trying to work out what to eat for 6 years in all until I was pushed into doing low carb, and the results have been amazing. Ive since googled many sites on advice for eating for type 2 and they almost all stress that low carb is the way to go and that the current medical advice is outdated and just simply wrong. Everyone who it type x(pre diabetic) or type2 is given dietry advice prior to going onto meds and almost everyone does eventually go onto meds. The evidence for low carb is just overwhelming, but Atkins has, rightly or wrongly given low carb eating somthing of a bad reputation due to the high fat content. But low carb does not have to mean the extremes of the highfat content that some low carb diets encourage. Personally I would be nervous about eating a high fat content low carb diet, but the diet I have formulated for myself works for me, although I do acknowledge it is also a bit on the extreme side and may not be ideal for everyone. Everyone to their own I guess

Last edited:
When hubby (Cliff) and I decided to get married back in 1976, it was just a matter of telling everyone we were getting hitched, deciding on a date and fixing up the registry office. My dress was a secondary consideration, and things like flowers and so on only got thought of a few days before. Mother sorted out the local hall and got her cleaning lady to cook and prepare the wedding reception food, I remember sandwiches but not a lot else. Did we have a wedding cake? I cant remember to be honest, we didnt have a photographer because the only pics of my wedding day were ones taken by friends and family, although i do remember a man prancing around with a big camera at the reception for some reason.

My mother bought an expensive dress that cost 3 times what my wedding dress did (which cost me £30, a weeks wages then), and i dont think there was a soul at the place who wasnt told how much she spent on it. My father turned up in trousers too short, a t shirt and braces, he and his clothes were covered in oil. My parents were not short of money, they ran their own business, lived in a big house with a swimming pool and up to 2 weeks before my wedding day, dad had owned a Rolls Royce. Which he sold just before my wedding. And bought a Land Rover instead. I could have gone to my wedding in a Rolls, but hey, the Land Rover got me there. I dont think he drove it though, because he didnt come to the actual wedding ceremony, he didnt want to shut the business for the day. So he turned up in his work clothes to my reception.

Actually I had 2 wedding receptions that day, which was not a first for me. The first time I got married I was 18. My parents hated my first husband and refused to come to the wedding, but my mother being the person she was, decided to book a local hotel for the reception after. Except she didnt tell me. She was waiting outside the registry office as hubby no.1 and I made our way out, and she announced we were all going to The Red Lion Hotel. I told her hubby no.1's mother had done food for the few guests that came to our wedding and we were going there. So mother went off with her friends she had brought along to the Red Lion and hubby no.1 and I went back with our friends to mother in laws. Mother turned up later in the day very drunk and making dark threats about her 'friends who were not happy'.........

Wedding no.2 had 2 receptions because my mother decided that I would have an evening reception (because they wouldnt shut the business for the day), and my new mother in law decided that she would hold an afternoon one at her house to keep the waiting guests occupied, as we were getting married at 11.20am. So it was off to mother in laws for the afternoon, and mothers bash for the evening.

I say mothers bash because that party had very little to do with the fact i had got married that day. I knew hardly anyone there, it was all friends and business aquaintances of my parents. One of the 'friends' decided she wanted the cream flower i had pinned to my hair, so snatched it off me and proceeded to pin it to her own hair. She was pretty drunk, so no hard feelings there... the *****.

My wedding day to my wonderful hubby of 34 years was the happiest day of my life, because despite everything else I was marrying the man i truely loved and still do.

My daughter from my first marriage was 3 years old then, and she only ever knew Cliff as her father as hubby no.1 passed away (he was only 25) when she was just a year old. She is now 37 and dotes on him still. Cliff and I had 2 sons, Rich and Rob (Rob is son who still lives at home even though he is 30!, and has evening custody of my car).

Why am i writing this? I was thinking about the upcoming royal wedding and how Kate Middleton must be feeling. She wont 'own' her wedding day anymore than i did, albeit i doubt the royal cleaning lady will be preparing the wedding feast. But i hope that she is marrying the man she loves and that that will be the most important thing for her. The recent royals dont have a great track record when it comes to relationships, so I wish this pair a long and happy future.

Thanks for sharing that Lynn, it was touching to read something so heartfelt and close to you. So glad you have found such happiness, and whilst your wedding day may not have been everything you dreamed of, the most important thing, as you say is being with the right person.

I'm looking forward to the royal wedding, Im surprised that i am, but like many others I think its nice to see people so obviously happy and share the spectacle of whatever the day will be.

Hows your maintaining going this week, hope all is going according to plan and the migrane has gone.

Did everything work out ok with your family and the court case?

XXX

Aww Lynn, thank you for sharing your life; it's so beautiful that you a have a long marriage fulfilled with love:)
I just said "wow" when you told that Rob still lives with you, he must be the spoiled kid of family:p He is 30! I'm 23 and I only "live" with my parents at weekends.

I love princess stories *sigh*, so I'm always looking forward to see the pictures and reading articles magazines about the royal wedding there;) I'm from Portugal so I just can check those princess tales from England, Spain, Monaco, ... :p

xx

Thanks for sharing that Lynn, it was touching to read something so heartfelt and close to you. So glad you have found such happiness, and whilst your wedding day may not have been everything you dreamed of, the most important thing, as you say is being with the right person.

I'm looking forward to the royal wedding, Im surprised that i am, but like many others I think its nice to see people so obviously happy and share the spectacle of whatever the day will be.

Hows your maintaining going this week, hope all is going according to plan and the migrane has gone.

Did everything work out ok with your family and the court case?

XXX

Hi Healthy!
Maintaining is doing exactly just that, maintaining :(. Im not eating very much different to how I was a couple weeks ago, mainly cos im scared to death i will put on a lb, but i was kinda hoping that i would drop a tiny bit. Half a pound would make me very happy. But no, either ive hit another plateau (so soon :() or this is it, 800 cals a day or 17st here i come.

Migraine thank god has gone. When i have a really bad migraine that goes on for a couple days, after it clears i get this weird sense of elation, almost very light headed and I felt like that most of the day on Monday. I wonder if anyone else gets that?

Things are not going well for my sister in Spain. She is still getting threats, albeit long distance now. I dont know where this is going to end, its an utter nightmare for her. It wont go to court now as the 2 guys are back in England, but at least they cant get back into Spain without being arrested, but she is thinking of selling up and moving. Its a bad situation, I really need to go out there to see her.

Aww Lynn, thank you for sharing your life; it's so beautiful that you a have a long marriage fulfilled with love:)
I just said "wow" when you told that Rob still lives with you, he must be the spoiled kid of family:p He is 30! I'm 23 and I only "live" with my parents at weekends.

I love princess stories *sigh*, so I'm always looking forward to see the pictures and reading articles magazines about the royal wedding there;) I'm from Portugal so I just can check those princess tales from England, Spain, Monaco, ... :p

xx

Hi Aline!

He is spoiled lol, but he is a lovely guy and makes me very happy to have him around. To be honest if he left home I would be devastated, not that I would ever hold him back, because he has to live his own life. But he has it way too easy at home lol, so does not feel compelled to strike out on his own.

My son Rich uploaded this vid of Rob doing the Winky song a couple years ago, now you can see why I love him so much hahaha

YouTube - rob doing the winky song

Not for the faint hearted or easily offended lol

Back