The Road Less Travelled

Thanks Fit4hols

Hi Shanny!

Ive been unwell since getting back from Tenerife, just horrible cold/fluey thing that has been dragging me down. I took a few days off work, but felt bad about it as ive just got back from a month's holiday, so im back at work now but still feeling grotty. Saw doc this week and am on antibiotics now as I have chest infection on top of it all. Yuk yuk yuk.

And this weather is so awful? how can it be august and be like this. It just makes me feel depressed all the time.

Plumber is still in residence, he finished my en suite bathroom, and the central heating, and is now replacing the main bathroom and downstairs loo. The house has been upside down since getting home, and I still have a suitcase not yet unpacked. I just dont have the space or the energy to deal with it right now. However, I do have our first lodger moving in next week. The first step in our Grand Plan to move to Tenerife :)

Well things have not been going so great recently, my weight this morning was 11.2!!! ouch, thats practically a stone heavier than my lowest weight pre holiday. And i did so well when I got back from Tenerife, but since then my life seems to have to pot.

I just have to get back on track again, and get below 10.7 again, and very soon!

The house seems to have been turned upside down and inside out. We are having our bathrooms and downstairs loo replaced and the mess and upheaval has gone on for weeks now. On top of this our first lodger is about to move in so I have been madly cleaning and decorating, not easy in a house that looks like it has been through a dust storm, and to finish it off I have been really unwell for the past 3 weeks with some kind of ongoing fluey chesty thing that is just dragging me down.

I just havnt had the energy to shop and cook properly, so the result has been very poor eating habits for the past few weeks that is now also impacting on my blood sugar levels which are on the rise not to mention my weight as well!. Everything has been so exhausting,and this coming weekend is going to push me to the limit too with a big family gathering that im organising for relatives that are visiting from Australia.

I need to stop the world and get off for a few days, just to gather myself together.

Last edited:
I have commited to a 3 day challenge that started Tuesday. Had to commit as it was my idea lol, and im glad i did as today has been pretty much upside down with missing dinner then getting really hungry by 10pm and hubby being fairly insistent on a chinese take away. I declined and ate some cold roast chicken and a bit of salad and now feel very pleased with myself.

Big family do this weekend and im cooking for it, although the party is being held at my brothers house.I talked him into having it as my house has been turned inside out and still looks like a bomb has hit it. All our bathrooms are being replaced and new central heating installed as well as part one of the BIG retirement plan. The work has come to a standstill for now as our plumber was commited to be somewhere else this week, but im hoping that by the end of next week the bathrooms and heating will have all been completed.

So brother has reluctantly agreed to host the do, and I will provide all the food. I love cooking anyway so im looking forward to that. I have been doing a bit of jam and chutney making recently. There is a plum tree outside our house, so I have been gathering fruit from it and making tons of jam. Ive given some to neighbours and friends, and got a store of it for us. Ive also had a go at strawberry jam and some marrow and ginger chutney, both of which turned out really well. Shame I shouldnt be eating it lol, I probably will end up giving most of it away, but its fun to make it.

Hi Lynn.. I like making jam and chutney too - and end up giving a lot away! Well done in resisting the chinese takeaway - if I get one now I tend to go for a king prawn and veg dish, and leave off the rice (or just have a bit of plain boiled rice if I'm sharing with someone) - its pretty good calorie wise!

I'm interested to read you are diabetic - my dad is 70, has always been overweight, but has put on weight since retirement, and has just been told his heart and kidneys need investigating - I have asked him to request to see a dietician, as he really needs some direction on what to eat!

Did you go high protein, and reduce your fats and carbs?

Hi Lynn,

Just got caught up in your diary. I am sorry that you started your holidays with a sore leg, but it sounds as if it was a good one nonethless.

I totally get the feeling overwhelmed and stressed out bit -- I have had a bit of that myself and just now getting back on track. I am up by 1/2 stone on the beginning of the summer, and so I have about 1.5 stone to lose (again!). Yoyo, Yoyo... I am doing a WW weigh in and tracker, but also using up CD packs that my friend bought then sold to me (as she was not going to use them). Sort of like you -- two packs and meal... more or less.

I hope things settled down soon.

Mel

Hi Lynn, just spent the day reading your diary, and very much enjoyed it. It seems to just drop off though, and so was wondering how you were/are and if you have another diary. Hope you are doing lovely.

Thank you so much Lynn for your post, I found it really informative. I keep yo yo dieting and your post has made me realise how I need to be aware and accept which foods i find trouble. I'm currently on the exante diet, I'm hoping to lose 3 stone, 4 would be nice :) I'm hoping that by doing a vlcd I will shrink my stomach, so when I switch to maintenance I will eat less and train myself to stop when I'm full.

Back