The road to a new, healthier me!!!!!

Great food for today, your dinner sounds lovely :) It may pay you to keep a check on your calorie intake, make sure you're having at least 1200 a day, it's important that you have that as minimum. If you aren't using www.myfitnesspal.com then it's a good tool to help calculate that ;)

Hi, glad you're still doing well. Well both mine got off to their respective schools this week and are having a great time.

I'm back in work tomorrow and really can't be bothered, have bought some meals to take for lunch to make sure i stay on track.

Great food for today, your dinner sounds lovely :) It may pay you to keep a check on your calorie intake, make sure you're having at least 1200 a day, it's important that you have that as minimum. If you aren't using www.myfitnesspal.com then it's a good tool to help calculate that ;)

I started myfitnesspal last friday, and its amazing to write down everything i'm eating. I'm trying to keep above 1200 calories, each day varies between 1150 and 1400. For snacks i'm eating fruit and rice cakes, and i'm making sure I log everything I eat. I have to say, with this diet i'm never hungry. I suppose paying more attention to what I eat, if i feel peckish, i'm eating something guilt free, ather than trying to fight the temptation, and finally loosing and gorging on crap. Its also great to see how much excercise benefits your day. I did a session at the gym, and when I logged it, I was able to eat another 800 calories if i wanted too (not that I did!!) But hopefully, If I can keep this up long term, and loose the weight, it shows that as long as I carry on excercising, treats now and then are ok, but not yet!!!!! :)

Hi, glad you're still doing well. Well both mine got off to their respective schools this week and are having a great time.

I'm back in work tomorrow and really can't be bothered, have bought some meals to take for lunch to make sure i stay on track.

Good luck back at work. Did u have the summer holidays off??? xx

First WI tomorrow. Hope i've done well. I know I should have, as I've worked my ass off at the gym, and I haven't had any slip ups......... Been tempted, but have stayed strong!!!
I worry that as i'm used to doing VLCD's, where I tend to see HUGE results in a short space of time (but can never keep it off, hence looking for something long term and more realistic for me). I am fully aware that this diet won't show these kind of results so quickly, but the psycho, 'diet freak' in me may think, "sod it" and start to loose motivation... GOT TO KEEP MOTIVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooh forgot to mention......... I got up to 10 minutes straight running yesterday!!! WOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOO, GO ME!!!!!!!!! :) I walked for 2, ran for 10, walked for 2, ran for 5. Can't believe, in only 4 sessions at the gym i've managed to struggle to run for a minute, to running for 10. I'll be doing marathons soon!!!!! ;) xxx

Thats great going! And you're doing it the right way, easing yourself into it, good for you! :)

Good luck back at work. Did u have the summer holidays off??? xx

Hi, yeah when i had the youngest i went back to work on a term time contract, so i have the school holidays off. It's been great (apart from the drop in money) but we need the cash with everything being so expensive so probably going to just go back full time after xmas.

First WI tomorrow. Hope i've done well. I know I should have, as I've worked my ass off at the gym, and I haven't had any slip ups......... Been tempted, but have stayed strong!!!
I worry that as i'm used to doing VLCD's, where I tend to see HUGE results in a short space of time (but can never keep it off, hence looking for something long term and more realistic for me). I am fully aware that this diet won't show these kind of results so quickly, but the psycho, 'diet freak' in me may think, "sod it" and start to loose motivation... GOT TO KEEP MOTIVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never done VLCD, but i know what you mean about needing that to keep the motivation going. I think that's why i'm quite enjoying not having a weigh in for 4 weeks, because i'm determined to have a really good loss every 4 weeks, instead of the smaller dribs and drabs to keep me going.

To be honest though i've never kept to a diet as well as this before. Did WW about 4 years ago and did lose 5 stone, but it was quite unhealthy a lot of the time. Because i like junk food, i'd sometimes use all my points on crisps and then not eat the rest of the day. Or i'd go over and make up for it the next day, and with that i still lost the weight in 6/7 months.
There was a girl on the forum, who was really strict but healthy, didn't eat any rubbish and she lost 9 stone in 10 months.

When people queried it she said it was because she hadn't had one day off in that 10 months.
The way i feel with the xenical is kind of like that, rubbish is just not an option now, i'm eating healthy low fat meals and sticking to it. So i'm hoping to be at goal within the year, so 9 stone in 12 months

I think the reason why people find sticking to the Xenical fairly easy, is because, it's not so much of a diet plan, more like a way of life..there's no weighing, no points to count, just healthy eating and low fat, it becomes second nature and hopefully the lifestyle choices will stick for the better :)

I think the reason why people find sticking to the Xenical fairly easy, is because, it's not so much of a diet plan, more like a way of life..there's no weighing, no points to count, just healthy eating and low fat, it becomes second nature and hopefully the lifestyle choices will stick for the better :)

To be honest, thats exactly how i'm feeling with this diet. I'm not continually thinking about food, because I never really feel hungry. And i've found the food that i'm eating very tasty. I have always enjoyed cooking food from scratch anyway, but I have been shocked, thinking back, how much oil etc I used to use in cooking. I suppose its about training yourself to make healthier choices, and to look for alternative ways to create the dishes you love. My hubbs was a little sweetie the other day... I make a mean lasagne (if I do say so myself ;D), but it would be way over the fat content, with the cheese, butter etc. But Marc was watching that 'something for the weekend' programme, and he told me about a lasagne that the chef Simon Rimmer had made using cottage cheese instead, so Marc got the recipe for me to gie a try, there are a couple of other bits I will need to alter, but i'll give it a go!! I know I am very fortunate to have such a supportive husband, and i'm sure that makes it so much easier too!! xx

Anyway, weigh in this avo, and then this eve its my graduation!!!! I completed a degree in july, and am celebrating all caps and gowns tonight. Which will also mean alcohol and nibbles. I'm going to try my best to avoid any bad foods, but I have a funny feeling I may get a first visit from the elusive 'Mr. Tango'!!!!!! :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I watch Something For The Weekend and Saturday Kitchen, they have some great recipes, plus James Martin HUBBA HUBBA :drool:

I was watching Jamie Oliver recently, he uses vast amounts of oil, then just when you think that's enough, he'll pour more oil over the top! :eek:

Have a good time later :)

So went to the docs, and I'e had a 9lb loss in the two weeks since starting this diet... Pretty happy with that. I'm going back in another 2 weeks to get my next months prescription and for my 2nd weigh in, so we'll see if I can carry on the good work. I was kinda hoping for a stone in the first month, so just need another 5lb and i'll have achieved my 1st goal.

Though saying that, last nights alcohol intake has probably scuppered any chance of that!!! drank far too much champers and rose, so dreading getting the repercussions of it (and the buffet) at some point today. I was a lot more strict with myself as far as the food was concerned, but did eat a few bits that were probably so far out the rules (canopes with brie and red onion chutney....mmmmmmm) that i'm sure to get a visit from Mr Tango!!! But, had a wonderful night with great friends, and its not every day you get to celebrate the end of 3 years hard work, so worth every dash to the toilet i'll be making!!! :)

So went to the docs, and I'e had a 9lb loss in the two weeks since starting this diet... Pretty happy with that. I'm going back in another 2 weeks to get my next months prescription and for my 2nd weigh in, so we'll see if I can carry on the good work. I was kinda hoping for a stone in the first month, so just need another 5lb and i'll have achieved my 1st goal.

Though saying that, last nights alcohol intake has probably scuppered any chance of that!!! drank far too much champers and rose, so dreading getting the repercussions of it (and the buffet) at some point today. I was a lot more strict with myself as far as the food was concerned, but did eat a few bits that were probably so far out the rules (canopes with brie and red onion chutney....mmmmmmm) that i'm sure to get a visit from Mr Tango!!! But, had a wonderful night with great friends, and its not every day you get to celebrate the end of 3 years hard work, so worth every dash to the toilet i'll be making!!! :)

If you're going to spend the evening on the throne make sure you have a good book handy to help pass the time!

Well done on the WI.

Well done :)

Thanks guys!!!!

Feeling a little better about my naughtiness last night. I logged everything I ate and drank into my myfitnesspal page, and i was still within all my limits... Thank goodness I hit the gym hard yesterday morning!!!! ;)

Spolly said:
Thanks guys!!!!

Feeling a little better about my naughtiness last night. I logged everything I ate and drank into my myfitnesspal page, and i was still within all my limits... Thank goodness I hit the gym hard yesterday morning!!!! ;)

Hi, that's brilliant, shows that we're actually starting to make different choices. I went out the other night to and alcohol aside, the only bad thing I had was 2 slices of pizza

Haven't had access to the internet this weekend, as i've been doing long days at work and just too tired by the time I got home. All good still. I managed to sneak to the gym yesterday.... I hadn't been since thursday, and was really eager to go. I checked out the scales this am, and looks like i'm another couple of pounds down since my weigh in... :)

Not been on in a few days, as I came down with a sickness bug that my gorgeous son very kindly passed on to me....... At least he's sharing!! :/ So been on the sofa (or with my head down the loo) feeling sorry for myself, and the laptop was just too far away to update my thread.

Anyway, as a result of this, I've barely eaten a thing the last three days, let alone thought about diets. Feeling much better today, still a little weak, but back on it. I'm still going to leave off the gym till sunday, as I think I need to get my strength back a bit more, but I've been back to taking the tablets and eating well.

Hopefully onwards and upwards!!!!!

Back