The road to a new, healthier me!!!!!

Low fat sausages.............. Not nice!!!! :(

Todays menu consists of:

Breakfast Fruit and fibre with skimmed milk (I have this every day, and did before the diet as i love it!)

Lunch Left over pasta from last night, with a bit of salad me thinks.... I'm leaving out the low fat sausages though.. yuk!!!

Dinner Skinny beef stroganoff, I saw it in a magazine whilst at work the other day, it was well in the guidlines for fat content, but I don't have any low creme fraiche, so i'll substitute tat with fat free fromage frais, and maybe a bit of 0% greek yoghurt... Which will make it even lower too, and I have them in the fridge already.... mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on hot drinks I can substitute my cups of tea with. I drink far too much tea, with or without being on a diet, and so far I haven't come across a fruit tea that I enjoy enough to tempt me away from a lovely cuppa

Also, any suggestions re; snacks, I do eat a lot of fruit, and I bought some mini gems, as I read on here that they were ok to eat, but I don't really like them, and it would be nice to have a bit of variety.

does anyone have any ideas on hot drinks I can substitute my cups of tea with. I drink far too much tea, with or without being on a diet, and so far I haven't come across a fruit tea that I enjoy enough to tempt me away from a lovely cuppa

Also, any suggestions re; snacks, I do eat a lot of fruit, and I bought some mini gems, as I read on here that they were ok to eat, but I don't really like them, and it would be nice to have a bit of variety.

Hi, no use with the drinks, as i'm a bit of a coffee addict, i'm sure i drink more than is healthy but i don't care at the minute.

As regards the snacks, as far as i'm aware all crisps are out but someone mentioned that the ryvita minis are o.k, so i'm going to pop to the supermarket tomorrow and get some of them to try.

Just out of curiosity, what day do you weigh in on, i'm going to be weighing in every 4 weeks with the nurse, so my first weigh in won't be until the 27th sept.

My first weigh in is next thursday. The nurse wanted me to check in two weeks after starting, then I think its monthly after that. xx

Low fat sausages.............. Not nice!!!! :(

Todays menu consists of:

Breakfast Fruit and fibre with skimmed milk (I have this every day, and did before the diet as i love it!)

Lunch Left over pasta from last night, with a bit of salad me thinks.... I'm leaving out the low fat sausages though.. yuk!!!

Dinner Skinny beef stroganoff, I saw it in a magazine whilst at work the other day, it was well in the guidlines for fat content, but I don't have any low creme fraiche, so i'll substitute tat with fat free fromage frais, and maybe a bit of 0% greek yoghurt... Which will make it even lower too, and I have them in the fridge already.... mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on hot drinks I can substitute my cups of tea with. I drink far too much tea, with or without being on a diet, and so far I haven't come across a fruit tea that I enjoy enough to tempt me away from a lovely cuppa

I love my cups of tea! As for hot drinks other than tea I don't think there is a lot really. I like peppermint tea with a bit of sweetner, I never used to, aafter a few cups it's quite nice.

Other than heating up a Frijj chocolate milkshake I'm not sure there's anything else lol!

With regars to snacks, you're better off having a wander around the supermarket at the various bits and pieces and just looking at possibilities.

Ryvita wholmeal crispbreads where one of my faves, with a bit of mayo :)

I'll try the peppermint tea, cheers!!

Good day so far. I've been working all day, and hubby is out on a stag do (oh dear!!) so I've got a wonderful night in of peace and quiet, cuddles with my boy and X Factor............. Bliss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As i've been at work, I nipped into waitrose on the way home looking for something quick and easy to put in the oven for tea. I've really been missing cheese (my fav food) so I decided to opt for a weightwatchers macaroni cheese ready meal. I don't really eat convenience foods that much, but it was yummy..... And settled my cheese craving nicely!!! They were on offer so I bought a few different things for when i'm working or generally can't be arsed to cook.
I also found some of those ryvita mini's as I read on a website that they are below the 5/100g rule. My son and I shared a pack before and they were great too. I got some salt and vinegar and sweet chilli ones, so hopefully they'll be a nice little snack if i'm feeling peckish. I also got some cheesey rice cakes the were only 2/100g fat.

I had the ryita minis for my breakfast this morning, very unhealthy but went to work and hadn't planned anything, so saw them in the shop and tried one of each over the morning. They where really nice, but not too morish(not sure if that is a word) so i know i wouldn't sit down and eat the whole multipack like i would with crisps.

Have you tried snack a jacks? Not all the flavours are in the rules..

Caramel flavour in jumbo rice cake and multipack are ok
BBQ favour in jumbo rice cake are ok
Salt and vinegar jumbo rice cake are 5.7g so .7 over I've had these
Cheese flavour jumbo rice cakes are ok

Snack a Jacks come in multipacks like crisps, in packs like a grab bag of crisps and as large rice cakes in a cylinder shape, for some reason the amounts differ between the 3 packs, so you'd need to double each pack you picked up. The cheese flavour ones are the lowest of the lot.

Only had the caramel big one's, it's not so
Even I would have thought of. They are really nice. Thanks for all the ideas, glad you're feeling better, and determined today

Cheers for that. I like the sound of the caramel ones, I'll have a look for them!!

I started that myfitnessplan yesterday... It seems a great site, allowing me to see what i've eaten, and counting up. I haven't been hitting my fat or calorie allowances, yet I still feel i'm not missing out, I seem to be getting around 1100 - 1200 calories per day. I haven't taken much note of calories yet, preferring to focus on fat first, but it is good to see anyway!!

Today was a fantastic day... I was on an early shift this morning, and as usual I was in zombie mode getting ready for work, resulting in me forgetting half my lunch. I took my wholemeal bread and a little pot with some floralighter than light, but forgot my beans. Luckily, works kitchen cupboards are full of tins, so I had a rummage through and came across some heinz ravioli, which is only 1.7g/100g. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After work I popped to the gym and had a good workout. I am trying to get back into running, so started last week on the treadmill walking for 2 mins, running for 2 and so on for 20 mins, but today I managed to walk 2, run 8, walk 2 run 5, walk 2, run 6, which is a great achievement, and I really feel i'm getting back into it. London Marathon here I come!!!!! (hardly ;D)

One thing I have to ask, and this is a little personal, so hope you guys don't mind - I've really struggled to go to the toilet for almost 4 days now, I've managed to go a little today, but I feel like I really need a good clear out (i'm so sorry, but I can't think of any other way to say it). Is this quite normal?? I've had some prunes this evening in the hope that that might help!!! :)

SO SORRY!!!! :)

Hi, sounds like you've had a great day, well done on the running i know what a big achievement that is.
I'm going to start going out running with my 11yr old next week, looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. Just be a minute jog/run and 1 minute walking to start but i'm sure it'll build up soon.

No idea about the toilet issue, i have read that others have had the same issue and some of them take aloe vera for it, if that helps

Hi I take aloe Vera juice 25ml twice a day.. I ran out yesterday.. And have not had any since last night.. (health food shop shut today!) and starting to bloat and feel uncomfortable again.. It really helps sort my toliet issues out!

Senakot tablets also help.. But can't take long term... As not recommended

You could take some senna, this is completely natural, there is husks that you can add to your cereal that is very good, it's great for your digestive system as is green tea, green tea can also be used as a weight loss aid as is ok to use with Xenical.

You need to make sure you're drinking enough though, if you're becoming bloated then it's because the body is holding the water as it's not getting enough. Constipation is common early on in Xenical, it does usually right itself after time goes on and once you've become customed a new way of eating.

There are other stronge things you can take, if you're still having problems.

Thanks so much for this. Its a great help. I know i'm still not drinking enough water, so I will try to rectify that from today, also, i'll pop to the health food shop and see about the aloe vera.

Day 11 and feeling great, still a bit 'blocked' but going to drink loads of water today and hopefully that will help.

Not sure what i'm eating today as I need to do a shop, but I had my fruit and fibre for brekkie. I've missed it the last couple of days as i've been on early shifts and had to settle for bran flakes out of the work kitchen. Apart from that i'm not too sure, I got some chicken breasts out the freezer so i'll look for something at the supermarket that I can rustle up to take to work with me later. I'm working until 9 tonight, but i'm hoping to get out at 8 so that I can pop to the gym for half hour on my way home..... Then its snuggles on the sofa with my gorgeous hubby, and a couple of episodes of 24. Hubby has recently got me into it, as i've been resisting for years, but we're coming to the end of season 5 and i'm totally hooked!!!!!!

Day 11 and feeling great, still a bit 'blocked' but going to drink loads of water today and hopefully that will help.

Not sure what i'm eating today as I need to do a shop, but I had my fruit and fibre for brekkie. I've missed it the last couple of days as i've been on early shifts and had to settle for bran flakes out of the work kitchen. Apart from that i'm not too sure, I got some chicken breasts out the freezer so i'll look for something at the supermarket that I can rustle up to take to work with me later. I'm working until 9 tonight, but i'm hoping to get out at 8 so that I can pop to the gym for half hour on my way home..... Then its snuggles on the sofa with my gorgeous hubby, and a couple of episodes of 24. Hubby has recently got me into it, as i've been resisting for years, but we're coming to the end of season 5 and i'm totally hooked!!!!!!

Drinking the extra water will definitely help. How about getting some packets of rasins and sultanas and keeping them in your bag, then if you do have to eat at work, you can add them to the bran flakes :)

I haven't watched 24, my brother was really into that. I've got so much other stuff to watch, including the last few episodes of Lost. I may start watching that after :)

My mouth is on fire!!!!!!!!!!! I thought i'd whizz up a little marinade for my chicken salad, but used too many chillis. It was really quite yummy though.

Day 12

Breakfast - fruit and fibre w/skimmed milk.

Lunch - chicken breast marinated in chilli, lime, corriander, garlic w/ salad and pitta bread.
1/2 pineapple + ww strawb and vanilla mousse

Tea (will be) - chicken and mushroons in ww cramy mushroom sauce and rice.

Bought some new bathroom scales today as mine are 10 years old, starting to go rusty and keep sticking at 8 stone 7lb.......... Now i've heard this diet is good, but i'm sure i've not lost half my body weight in the 2 weeks i've been on it!!! :) Anyway, bought the scales, and HORROR....... They weigh me heavier than my old ones. I justhave to get used to them. I don't really pay too much attention to them anyway as I'm going to use the docs as my official weight, I just feel comfortable keeping an eye from home. I did try to not look at all, but it just doesn't work for me.

Ha ha I like your old scales.. 8st 7lbs wow!!

I like the tv add where the lady lays on the floor with her scales on her feet :)

Back