The Road To Vegas

Job wise, I know exactly what you mean.....I'm lucky with mine, my boss thinks I'm great, I work from home twice a week, they feed me, pay my home broadband, I get to travel a bit, and I'm bored witless..........I want to leave, but my sensible head tells me I'd never get another job like it.....grrrrr, it's just so frustrating.

Must admit, I treat myself WI night less now, unless I save a few syns....I generally work to 70 a week, knowing I can have a few more if I want to after WI
Then it's generally beer anyway, but if I'm not going out, I won't have them.

Debridger said:
Job wise, I know exactly what you mean.....I'm lucky with mine, my boss thinks I'm great, I work from home twice a week, they feed me, pay my home broadband, I get to travel a bit, and I'm bored witless..........I want to leave, but my sensible head tells me I'd never get another job like it.....grrrrr, it's just so frustrating.

Must admit, I treat myself WI night less now, unless I save a few syns....I generally work to 70 a week, knowing I can have a few more if I want to after WI
Then it's generally beer anyway, but if I'm not going out, I won't have them.

Aaawwww know exactly how you feel, its that 'i should go' but then its the fear that any other job wont be as good. Thing is I work in the public sector so when i started it was very much seen as a secure job for life, with all the perks like flexi time and a good pension. Now of course with the economy the way it is all the perks and even the jobs are going! But it still seems alien to leave and go into the big scary private sector. Its even if i could cos i feel my job is very specific!

Thing is i had a rubbish time over christmas and i hated the way i was treated then, but i got my head down and got on with it for the sake of the money, but now to have this happen, in someways i feel like i should take redundancy and run!! The problem is while i hate the people around my job and my shifts, it is likely a lot of that will change with the job changing as our department is getting split up across five areas. I could also end up nearer to home and better off without spending 240 quid a month on petrol!! Oooooooohhh i just do not know anymore!!! Big sigh!!!

So anyway, back to 'diet land' i have my food planned out as follows
Green day
Porridge and milk hea/b
Muller light
Banana apple pear
Two alpen light heb
Cous cous with salad
Pasta with salad
Mix max choccie cake thing 7.5 syns
Skips multi pack bag 4 syns

Im gonner do my best to remember to write my food down here as a way of keeping me on track. Its gonner be a tough week with it being star week, but im aiming to lose half a stone overall in august so hopefully that will help me keep on track this week. If i can get to 10st 2 (am currently 10st 8.5) i will be happy and the dress i wanna wear for my anniversary should fit!! I then wanna lose another three pounds after that for target and get to bottom target range for my hols. Is all that possible by 18th october? If i pull my finger out yes!!!!

Oh had meant to say this also my words obviously worked wonders on mil as she lost 8 pounds this week!! The leader also went over it all with her in class and showed her that shes basically having way too many syns and naff all free food. So hopefully she listens. She was still saying last night though about having the low fat muller corners even though ive told her they werent free every time ive seen her this week. Id swear she doesnt listen to a word i say. Mils eh?!

Funky_Munky said:
Green day
Porridge and milk hea/b
Muller light
Banana apple pear
Two alpen light heb
Cous cous with salad
Pasta with salad
Mix max choccie cake thing 7.5 syns
Skips multi pack bag 4 syns

Today went to plan apart from my beloved mix max are 8 syns doh!! Plus i had a lolly pop for 1.5 syns so my syns for the day come in at 13.5. Not too bad i guess.

Work was really busy so i didnt mind being on my own in the evening. Im exhausted now tho! Not too much planned for tomorrow morning, ill probably do some zumba and watch some telly before work. Exciting times!!

Todays plan is Green as follows
Two boiled eggs and half tin baked beans
Muller light
350Ml milk hea
Lots of tea (one of those days!!)
Banana apple pear
chicken salad 8oz heb x2
cous cous salad
Mix max 8 syns
Crisps 4-5 syns (havent decided between skips and monster munch yet!!)

I suppose the one good thing about lates is i have to have my meals planned out to take with me. Do miss having a nice home cooked meal tho, may have to convince oh to do a pasta bake tonight so i can have leftovers tomorrow night!!

Being on my own tonight has proved a bit too much and ive ended up picking at my cakes and crisps! Whoops! Thankfully the damage isnt too bad - ive had 36 syns in total today, so i reckon i can get away with it if i stick to 10 a day from here on in phew!!

Apart from my blip this evening im happy with how today has gone and im happy i can make up for it this week. Looking forwards to tomorrow, its my last late so all good.

Todays food has been the following
Red day
Porridge and milk hea/b
Muller light
Tea and sweeter
Prawn salad
Melon and grapes
Muller light
M&S low fat crisps 5 syns
Egg and ham salad (like 1 egg and 1slice of ham pathetic!!)
Pineapple mango melon apple and stawberry fruit salad
Skips 4 syns
Mix max 8 syns
Baxters Mediteranian tomato soup heb (due to have this when i get in later)

Failed miserably with the syns taking me to 66 for the week!! Really do now need to stick to 9-10 a day. Good thing is im on my last late and my cake stash is locked in my drawer at work so i cant munch them at home. Bad news is in going to my mums house of cake tomorrow. Doh!! Must be strong!!

Funky_Munky said:
Todays food has been the following
Red day
Porridge and milk hea/b
Muller light
Tea and sweeter
Prawn salad
Melon and grapes
Muller light
M&S low fat crisps 5 syns
Egg and ham salad (like 1 egg and 1slice of ham pathetic!!)
Pineapple mango melon apple and stawberry fruit salad
Skips 4 syns
Mix max 8 syns

Ended up swapping the soup for
6 wholemeal crackerbread heb
Laughing cow light hea
Sliced ham
Was starving after my pathetic salad for tea!! All in a despite the syns im happy with how today has gone.

pretty good, and yes, if you cut back your syns for the rest of the week you'll be fine.
I'm pretty lucky, my house is always full of chocolate and cakes, but it doesn't bother me at all, I'll shop, see something that he'll like, and I'll buy it for him, with no intention of eating it myself - at the last check, he has a raspberry sponge, a coconut sponge, a walnut cake and an angel cake, bought him 2 tubs of popcorn and there's always a tub of sweets & chocolates on his bedside table....
Me, I use nearly all my syns on a Friday night down the pub, and only eat a few in the week, you'll be surprised how few I have in the week
I'm sure you can do it

Uuurrrgggghhh, ive been steadily declining as the day has gone on. I feel its a combination of star week (which i had completely forgotten about till today!) and im feeling like i might be coming down with something. Last night my voice and throat were all weird and tonight im all sneezy. Urgh. I feel sooo tired and rubbish.

Whoops posted by accident there before i finished stupid phone!! Anyhoo, foodwise im pleased with today, which has been a Red day
Sliced ham
Two boiled eggs
6 wm crackerbread heb
Cheese spread hea
Muller light
350ml milk hea
Med tom soup heb
Banana
Apple
Pear
Muller light
Banana muffin 9 syns (made em small especially!!)
Chicken breast
Extra low fat mayo 3 syns
Brocolli carrots and cauliflower
Two packs french fries 9 syns

By the way i never post what i drink in a day mainly cos i drink loads and never pay attention to how much i drink exactly. But i DO actually drink! Its generally a mix of 2+ cups of tea with sweetner (depending on my hea) nas squash and diet coke. Just wanted to clear that up!!

Im pleased with my syns cos im at 87 for the week, still within the limit and i can see it being that i wont want too many as wi gets nearer. So all good. I was naughty and sp tonight, mainly out of cuiriosity to see the damage of * week. Atm it isnt looking so bad, i may even wrangle a sts, hence why i wanna behave in the next few days!!

Today ive had a nice chilled out day. Oh was working this morning so i took the opportunity to do some window shopping solo. Saw loads of nice clothes i want in new look, but think ill need to wait til after hols at this rate :(. Then spent the rest of the day at my mum and dads. I managed to avoid their selection of cakes and had one of the muffins i made especially to take with me instead. Yum yum. Tonight oh and i have been lazy. Hes been on the xbox and ive been digging out some cheap recipie ideas.

Im worried im spending a fortune on food doing sw, plus im sooo bored of same old salads. So im going to try some batch cooking tomorrow and freezing it for my lunches this coming week. Wish me luck!! Bed time for munky now xx

Oh zumba how i have missed you!!!
Was feeling proper pmt today, all over emotional and down about how much i still wanna lose, and realised ive done naff all exercise the last fortnight! I know the best thing i can do after sticking to plan is to exercise, so decided i need to get back into doing something everyday. Did my zumba today and loved it, forgot how good a work out it is!! Feel great now knowing ive done something to help my weight loss today whoop whoop!!

yeah, I never post my drinks, either water, coffee (black), herbal teas, can of diet pop, an occasional cup of tea (like 2 a week) and that's normally during the talk at WI anyway.
I only list beer & whisky lol,
and hot milk if I'm using my HEA

I really need to start excercising... just nit got around to it yet.
I must,I must ,I must !
well I drank 70syns Friday night, so will have a coupl a day....I puta pound on last week, and had less than 70 ..... so maybe I need a few a day as well.

Have you looked at doing dome green days - they're a lot cheaper and don't be frightened to used tinned and frozen veg too!

Debridger said:
yeah, I never post my drinks, either water, coffee (black), herbal teas, can of diet pop, an occasional cup of tea (like 2 a week) and that's normally during the talk at WI anyway.
I only list beer & whisky lol,
and hot milk if I'm using my HEA

I really need to start excercising... just nit got around to it yet.
I must,I must ,I must !
well I drank 70syns Friday night, so will have a coupl a day....I puta pound on last week, and had less than 70 ..... so maybe I need a few a day as well.

Have you looked at doing dome green days - they're a lot cheaper and don't be frightened to used tinned and frozen veg too!

Thats a shame about your pound hun, its funny how the syns work, some weeks i have more than 70 and lose, other times i sts or gain?! No idea how it works. Ive found if i drink tho my losses are rubbish, so have pretty much quit till i get to goal.

Think i might have to go and make myself a big bowl of pasta cos i am having awful cravings!! I just want a big bar of cadbury caramel, just keep telling myself i wanna shift 7pound this month. At the pics before i was sooooo good, really wanted sweeties and nearly talked myself into it with, well im not gonner lose this week anyway! Stayed strong tho!! Ive maxed my syns for the week now, so the next two days need to be syn free eeek!!

Thanks for the green day tip, ive been looking at a lot of green recipies, stuff like veggie chillis, pasta bakes etc. I just want meals i can make for tea, split into four and have leftovers for lunches. Means i have to be super organised!!

Todays food etc - green day
Two boiled eggs and baked beans
Milk hea x2
Banana apple pear
Heb soup as yesterday
Two boiled eggs
Two banana muffins 18 syns
Cod heb
Pasta
Brocolli carrots cauliflower
45 Mins zumba
45 Mins walk after pictures

Have a cous cous salad ready for tomorrow, just trying what i can have for tea tomorrow that wont use any syns without having to go the shop first!!

2 muffins eh.... they must be tasty :)
well done you for refusing the cadburys caramel... that woud've taken some damn hard effort!!
Do you have a microwave at work?,
bean chilli, pasta in tom sauce, stuff like that is pretty easy and cheap to make up, and take as extras.. the newish potnoodle - mug snack is easy, just need a kettle
an easy get in late one is stir some philly light into drained pasta and on green, it's now an HEA or HEB - whatever fits in.
I also make my own veggie soup.... I buy the cheap, bargain price frozen veg, and boil up with onion and stock cubes, blend and eat... I find it's really cheap, easy, and if you use just superfree veg, it's great as a starter especially on EE as soup fills you up, and it's an easy way of upping the superfree in a meal.

keep synfree for the next couple of days, you'll be fine!!

Debridger said:
2 muffins eh.... they must be tasty :)
well done you for refusing the cadburys caramel... that woud've taken some damn hard effort!!
Do you have a microwave at work?,
bean chilli, pasta in tom sauce, stuff like that is pretty easy and cheap to make up, and take as extras.. the newish potnoodle - mug snack is easy, just need a kettle
an easy get in late one is stir some philly light into drained pasta and on green, it's now an HEA or HEB - whatever fits in.
I also make my own veggie soup.... I buy the cheap, bargain price frozen veg, and boil up with onion and stock cubes, blend and eat... I find it's really cheap, easy, and if you use just superfree veg, it's great as a starter especially on EE as soup fills you up, and it's an easy way of upping the superfree in a meal.

keep synfree for the next couple of days, you'll be fine!!

Of course my muffins were tasty, home made by myself after all!! ;-)

Thanks for the suggestions for meal ideas, there is a microwave in the office, so i can reheat things. I made myself a massive veggie chilli before from meat free mince peppers onion peas sweetcorn green beans carrots and baked beans!! Yummy!! That has made four portions, so will do me all week with pasta or a baked spud.

I took your advice and got loads of frozen veggies - much cheaper than fresh, and when cooking there isnt much difference. Also pleased to find asda veggie mince is free on all days, its cheaper than quorn and a bigger bag. Was pleased generally with the food shop cos it was only 36 quid, tbh we did have quite a few things in the house already, but i feel better knowing i dont have to get a 'fresh' shop in everyweek.

I managed to go syn free today, although i was really tempted! I had to get my mate to lock my cakes ib her drawer at work for me! Was just one of those days today when how i felt didnt help really, it wasnt hard, just i would fly off at the smallest thing. Felt better for getting home and making massive comfort dinner. Yum yum yum!

How is your week going so far? Am sure youll have that pound off for next wi!!

Back