The scenic route.

slimmingmadhouse

I joined SW a couple of months ago for the second time and in the beginning lost half a stone. But then life happened and I haven't lost any more and was thinking of stopping. Yesterday I had a conversation with my son's new college. He has autism and attending college is a massive step for him. After a year of small visits with us he is now starting a 45 minute lesson per week with a view to moving to 3 lots of 45min lessons a week by the end of the year. Now to some people this may be nothing but to us this will be a huge achievement. Nobody had seen this as a failure. Everyone is full of praise at this amazing acievement because even at this slow pace he is expected to get there in the end.

This made me realise that even though I am travelling at a slow pace I will get there in the end and it is better than not trying at all. So once again I will start tomorrow with the hope that next week I will stick to plan. I hope to lose but I know that looking at the bigger picture if things happen and I go off plan, I won't feel I've failed I'll just keep trying. My son has been such an inspiration.

Thank you. Meal times are ok, it's the cravings particularly on a stressful day or eating out that's difficult. Also I have my son needs someone with him all the time at the moment, so it's not easy to just do what I want. I think I just realised that I shouldn't beat myself up when it's taking a long time and just to be more relaxed. Thank you for your post.:)

So pleased for you. I've taken inspiration from your post so thank you for that and good luck with your next target. x

slimmingmadhouse said:
Thank you. Meal times are ok, it's the cravings particularly on a stressful day or eating out that's difficult. Also I have my son needs someone with him all the time at the moment, so it's not easy to just do what I want. I think I just realised that I shouldn't beat myself up when it's taking a long time and just to be more relaxed. Thank you for your post.:)

Take a look at the eating out threads hun it need not be difficult I was scared to eat out when I first started but now I eat out a lot and when I make good choices it doesn't hamper my weightloss

The problem has been we have been getting our son used to eating out in public. He likes familiar places so invariably it's a chain.We often end up in a fast food restaurant but he does also like Subway so that helps. The problem is if you're trying to watch the cost as well, sometimes the choice is limited, and I often get fed up with salad. I will have a look at the thread and see whats on there, thank you.

The problem has been we have been getting our son used to eating out in public. He likes familiar places so invariably it's a chain.We often end up in a fast food restaurant but he does also like Subway so that helps. The problem is if you're trying to watch the cost as well, sometimes the choice is limited, and I often get fed up with salad. I will have a look at the thread and see whats on there, thank you.
harvester wetherspoons and sizzler and carvery chains are all pretty cheap and i always find something i like thats sw friendly if you have any of those places near by and fancy trying them out i can steer you in the direction of the best dishes to have on sw just give me a shout on this thread or msg me sizzler is the cheapest with the chicken breast jacket and salad being 3.50 and if you go on a wednesday childrens meals are a £1 (i always take my sons drink) and either have a pint of coke or a cordial so eat for very little

harvester wetherspoons and sizzler and carvery chains are all pretty cheap and i always find something i like thats sw friendly if you have any of those places near by and fancy trying them out i can steer you in the direction of the best dishes to have on sw just give me a shout on this thread or msg me sizzler is the cheapest with the chicken breast jacket and salad being 3.50 and if you go on a wednesday childrens meals are a £1 (i always take my sons drink) and either have a pint of coke or a cordial so eat for very little

Thank you:)

Hi like you i am struggling to lose weight and i have an autistic daughter, i totally understand the eating out thing as familiarity is so important. For my daughter she needs to eat quite quickly as she finds it hard to wait, we started off with the usual fast food chains as the food came quick and this was a more stress free option. Recently we have been taking her to harvester as they have a salad cart and i can get her something to eat whilst we wait for the main.

Good look with your weight loss :)

Hi like you i am struggling to lose weight and i have an autistic daughter, i totally understand the eating out thing as familiarity is so important. For my daughter she needs to eat quite quickly as she finds it hard to wait, we started off with the usual fast food chains as the food came quick and this was a more stress free option. Recently we have been taking her to harvester as they have a salad cart and i can get her something to eat whilst we wait for the main.

Good look with your weight loss :)

Sorry, I've just seen your reply. We've all been ill this week so unfortunatly SW has not been top of my list! He actually loves the Harvester, but we don't have one local. Also it's almost everyday we are eating out with him as it is in preparation for college when he will hopefully eat with friends, so Subway and fast food are more what he is likely to eat when he goes. Glad to hear you finding thimgs that work, it might take a bit longer but I'm sure we'll get there in the end!:)

Back