The Shopoholic Slimmers confessions

Senga

Hi,

I don't know if any of you have the same problem as me. I like to shop. The reason this is a problem is because the lovely clothes I have bought, especially recently are still sitting in my wardrobe with tags on. Some are recent purchases and admittedly some are older. This occured because I lost two stone and carried on buying clothes after I had started to gain weight again, with the idea that this would encourage me to diet. As you can see I needed a lot of encouragement to start again!
My aim is to fit into all these clothes. Previously I have dieted for an occasion, like a holiday or wedding and with one exception I have failed with this in the long run. Losing it is not the problem. Keeping it off is. So this time I am dieting for my wardrobe. As an apology to all those beautiful things still hanging there.
If anyone else suffers from this problem let me know and we can strive to fit unworn clothes together. Here is a list of some of the items in my wardrobe that I have never fit into (with tags) and the ones that I want to fit back into (maybe worn once or twice, or just tried on without the tags in).

Black trousers (Tags)
Shiny grey Trousers (Tags)
Blue sleeveless top (Tags
White long top (Tags)
1950's black flowery dress (Tags)
Red Dress (Tags)
Grey Lace top (Tags)
Blue Dress (never worn)
Black knee high boots (worn once)
pink suede knee high boots (worn once)
white vest top with skull design (tags)
blue american flag t-shirt (tags)
black sleeveless floral top (tags)

I dread to think how much it's all worth if I added up the tags!

New one to add, I bought some lovely Wellies as the ones I borrowed during the crazy snow nearly cut off the blood flow to my feet. I would like to wear these wellies and look like everyone else, why are they so skin-tight?
Am I the only person with legs to fat for wellies??

Last edited:
Just found a grey top I have also never worn as I always planned to fit into it, but have not so far. This is all going to change.
I will throw away my fat clothes and not store them in the back of the wardrobe, no just in case this time!

Back