The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

4lbs off for me this week, and......i'm in the 13's! Didn't think i would ever get here!

If you won't be having a WI this week can you let me know asap and also can you pm your WI results as well as posting on the thread. It just saves trawling for them, especially when i re read all of the posts to see if i have missed any.

Thanks

xx

hi hayley i will be having a wi this week but please dont hold your breath been really sh*t for me!! but im back ss 100%!...xx

gem hope all goes well with the move you will be so happy!...xx

Thanks for letting me know hun,

Totally forgot to comment on your house move gem, love your new sofa, my new one should be delivered on the 26th of this month i'm excited!

Also i'm one of those annoying people that love xmas, and i am super excited this year as my little boy will be more aware of what is going on. I'm counting the days until i can legitimatly (sp) decorate the house and start baking mince pies. I've just ordered our turkey, gone for a bronze award free range crown (i LOVE turkey so hoping it will be gorge!) i've done quite a lot of xmas shopping so made some headway but my hubby and i always go mad on each other at xmas so got loads left to get him. I've bought the xmas cards but i don't like to write them until i feel festive, but today all of the adverts have been xmas ones and i LOVE the new marks and spencer advert with Take That in (showing my age lol)

Going to stop rambling now and keep browsing for pressies for the family.

xx

hi ladies you might not be happy! but i am i lost 1lb and over the moon!! as i didnt think i had lost but gained!!...xx

well done hayley on your 4lbs loss!..xx

we are happy if you are happy Jan hun!!! well done!!! xxx

thanks for all the well wishes for the move everyone! x

hayley i love christmas too! i'm like a big kid!!! x

hi Jan, 1lb off when you thought you might have gained is marvellous! Well done you!

I have to go to a press dinner in the flipping Dorchester Hotel tomorrow night! The night before my WI, eek! Really don't want to go. I can't tell these people I am on CD, it is just not the time or the place. Gonna just smile, talk a lot to distract them, and just eat the protein. I don't care what people think. Just hope they are too polite to say anything. It is such a waste of good food I know, but I cannot let this give me a bad week.

You will be fine hun, thats what i did when i went to a wedding and i lost 4 lbs that week.

Jan- you know how i feel hun a loss is a loss and a fantastic result, like i said to you, as long as you end one month lighter than you started it then you have achieved what you set out to do. It's not a race and you will get there, also at least if you have had a few sneaky cheats and still lost it will re focus you (i SS and only lose a bl***y lb! lol)

Hello to everyone else, whats happened to our team! we need to get re focused to help us through the next few months cos i think it will be a toughie! All that xmas fizz and choc log, my stomach gets excited just thinking about it, my brain starts tutting and shouting nooooooooooo!

In the obsessive manner with which i have approached this diet, i decided last night to calculate the calories involved in my xmas meal so that i could build in exercise and cut down the calories a few days before to prevent a weight gain.....OMG was i shocked. I calculated a very very modest amount of food, eg 1 roast pot, half stuffing ball etc it came to 934 cals thats without going mental, having a little bit of everything BUT thats still only my Xmas dinner, let alone breakfast or anything in the evening! It was a real eye opener and i'm glad i did it, i honestly think in years gone by i must have consumed about 6000 cals on xmas day with all the alcohol etc.

Well anyway, i will enjoy the day but i will have to be very careful on the run up and the following days if i want to start the new year lighter than i ended it.

Hope everyone is having a great week, enjoy the dinner 2moro night Frances and try not to worry too much. Life's for living and all that!

810 starts on sunday duh du durrrrrrrrrr!

xxx

Last edited:
Over 900kcals!?!?! Thank God it's only once a year!!!

I'm going to just have protein at Christmas dinner this year. Someone at work told me "You can't diet at Christmas! Have the day off!!!" and then when I tried to explain that I was doing CD and that if I didn't want a day off, she started lecturing me saying I shouldn't be doing CD and that I should just be healthy eating and exercising. I was thinking "been there done that love!" but just protested that healthy eating does not work for me.

I then told her I had lost 4.5st in 3.5 months and she soon shut up!!! xxx

Ooooh Frances!!! I just tried on those camel coloured trousers and they only bloody fit!!! Little tight but on and done up! Can't believe it! No joy on the others yet but the number 18 must be closer than I thought!!! x

Congrats on the 18 Gem!

I've added some before CD pics, will add more as i find them, need to get old laptop down for the really gruesome ones, am going to take some up to date ones tonight when the little man goes to bed.

Feel free to have a nose!

xx

OMG!
Well i've finally done it.....during pics in my album now eek! Be nice.

Thanks Gem, i lost 3 stone before my wedding day, but still cried when i put my dress on, i wish i had found CD before i got married, although to be fair it was the best day of my life size 18 or not!

xx

Yay, some decent pics of Hayley's weight loss and Gemma's in a pair of 18's. I loved those camel trousers. I didn't try them on in the shop because I knew I was gonna buy them anyway and I was so thrilled when they fitted perfectly when I got home.

Hayley, I so love your wedding pics! You look so pretty. I swear to you, you don't look at those pics and think size 18, all you see is a gorgeous looking bride! But, yes, I can see a HUGE difference. You are a completely different, up/down shape IYKWIM, and your face is changed too. Can't wait until the next installment!

Well, I suppose I survived the Dorchester. At least the portions were small! It was a set menu but the downside was that everything was plonked in front of you, which made it even harder not to eat it. I ate the starter, when I wish I hadn't, although it was only 4 pieces of mushroom ravioli. The main course was pure SS+ -- Dover Sole and spinach (no carbs, yay, as I passed on the creamy sauce). Pudding was a "rose and raspberry pleasure" which I had no trouble resisting, but then they plonked a chocolates and coconut macaroons in front of me. That was harder. Much harder. Had two, just to taste you understand! Drank lots of water, but had a glass of champagne I'm afraid -- it would be immoral to turn away a good champagne. So if I get a pound off tomorrow I'll be happy with that! C'est la vie.

I agree we need to pull together over the next month. It is so tough out there. We need coping strategies!

Hi there, I stayed the same! I can live with that. It's not half as frustrating when you know why! And to be completely honest, when I was bigger, sts would send me into the pits of despair, but at 12 3 I'm surprisingly less depressed about it. Does that make sense?

Hi all.

Ok this is my curretn situation.

Went to CDC for the first time on a bout a month last night and during that time I've been having CD porridge in the morning and shake at lunchtime and then a meal in the evening (not withing the 810 plan) - there's been a couple of deviations due to cravings of sweet stuff but I went last night expecting to have put around 3-5 lbs on, but have actually lost 1.5, which as my CDC pointed out bodes well for the future.

Ok now I'm on 1000kcal plan but will probably follow what I've been doing for the last month with the evening meals form the 100kcal plan.

I'm also seeing my CDC fortnightly now. because of this I don't tihnk it's fair to stay in the team and hold you guys back. I think yo ushould have someone that gets weighed weekly.

So I have no issues with leaving and being replaced.

As long as no one minds me lurking in this thread occasionally to see how you're all getting on.

H
x

Helen,

If you want to leave the team that is your decision, but don't feel you have to at all. I'm also moving up the plans for a while over the next few weeks so won't be losing as fast etc and i'm only having monthly weigh ins, but my scales weigh the same as my cdc so i will be weighing at home each week.

Hmmm not sure how we could work it but i'm sure we could come up with something, obv we couldn't accept a 2 week loss as it wouldn't be fair on the other teams....any ideas.

So if you still want to be on the team you are in, but if you don't i understand just let me know.

xx

Evening everyone!

Had a fab day shopping today, tried on loads of lovely size 16 dresses and actually felt good for the first time in.......well lets just say a long time. I'm looking forward to hubbys bday party (rather than dreading like i normally would) and i even tried to change my mind on the dress today but the shop assistant assured me that the dress i had already bought (a few weeks ago) looked the best out of all of the ones i tried. So now i HAVE to believe her as she wasn't even trying to sell me anything. Just need to decide on shoes....i bought my mum some Jimmy Choo sandals last xmas and we are the same size so i might try them first. I just don't like a too high heel as i end up over 6 foot which makes me feel like a drag queen lol.

Scales moving well this week, but i'm really looking forward to some food now, bring on 810 and 1000 all is forgiven lol.

How are the rest of the gang?

xx

Back