The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Well it looks like i'm the only one without a life on a friday night, so i've added a couple more wedding pics....beware one is of the cake.

I'd better go and do some xmas shopping i suppose!

xx

Hoho, I'm here as always! Just in from London. Absolutely freezing there. Love the cake :drool: (design-wise of course). Great idea.

I really can't imagine there being a problem with recruiting a new Shrinking Violet to the team and Helen still popping on and letting us know how she is getting on. Sure, I post on other team threads all the time! The more the merrier on here I say. Well done on your weight loss, btw. That is very encouraging to hear.

Must admit I am struggling this week. Eating more or less normally at the Dorchester is playing little tricks on my mind. It makes me realise that there is no way I am going to attempt to come off this diet at Christmas as getting back on again is just tooo painful. Found myself browsing a menu in the pub today, while my friend was at the loo. It was really strange looking at this normal food. Things that I would have ordered without a second thought, and yet now they seemed so alien to me. It was just a really strange feeling to realise I haven't eaten since June (I don't count the SS+ meals as real food, especially as I don't even like chicken!).

Anyway, I resisted all temptation and had half a bar with a skinny latte on the train home.

Last edited:
hi girls!

sorry i have been quiet but moving has taken all my time!!! we have everything in the house now but mike is working nights so i am having to sort it all out myself. i am so shattered i can hardly keep my eyes open!!!

on a more positive note, i lost 4lbs this week yay!!! i seem to be going great guns lately and oddly enough i have REDUCED my water consumption (averaging about 3.5l a day instead of my usual 4.5l)!!!
how frustrating though that i am 0.8lbs from being in the 16s!!! i will be there next week!!!

i don't have a problem with helen popping onto the thread if she leaves the team. it's nice to hear how people are doing still!!!

right i better get back to the grind. all i want to do is go to bed but my bed is covered in boxes and bags!!! the house doesn't feel like home yet but it will soon enough i guess!!!

night all!!! xxx

Oh it must be so nice to have your own place at last. Know it's chaos at the moment but you'll get it looking nice soon.

Well done on 4lbs off Gem! I hope it rubs off on me. Have been struggling a little this week. Don't really know why. But I'm hanging in there.

These naughty people on minimins have dropped me in it. They have set up a diary thread for me, because I never did! Eeek! Got to think of something to say now!

Morning morning!

Wow had some snow this morning i'm such a kid and find it all very exciting!

Congrats Gem another brilliant Wi for you this week, you are shrinking incredibly fast now, looks like you have found the right balance of water etc for you.

Post a link to your diary Frances i'd love to have a read, but i'm terrible at finding anything, good job my user cp links me to this thread or i'd have no chance lol!

Off to do the results in a mo, i don't have a result from Gt, unless i've missed a post so will use the 5 results.

xx

Results are in:

Shrinking violets slimmer of the week goes to......me! Yay

Thinkthincd -4lbs 2.02%
Soontobelittlegem -4lbs 1.65%
Smurf -1lb 0.56%
Pbfhpunk -1lb 0.48%
Francesmag STS

Team Percentage =1.0% oh well on to next week!

Off to Wi in a mo back later

4lbs off to start this weeks team challenge yay! So glad it was a good one, i don't mind moving up now 22lbs to go.....i can't believe it!

xx

fantastic hayley!! well done you! not long now...xx

Thanks girls,

When you get 5 and you are sorted Gem put some pics on of your new love nest! No wonder you haven't been online much recently with all that time to yourselves........! lol.

All joking aside i'm seriously pleased for you, everyone needs their own space and you are in yours ready for xmas yay!

Hello lovely Jan, just noticed there is a pound between us to the finish line, i'd love to say i'll race you but you will beat me hands down as i'm no longer on SS lol!

Gem- do i have to leave the 100% club now i'm not on SS? Oops must go and post yesterdays result.

Hello Frances, Gt, and Helen, hope you are all fine and dandy! I'm getting mega excited for the hubsters party..tried THE dress on again and its getting a little loose (yay but oops!) can't even afford to buy another one so its just tough!

Can anyone explain the glycogen thing to me, is it real weight..as in when i start 1000 and regain my glycogen the dress will be tight? Obviously i realise its just water but will that make me look heavier? also does that mean that while i weigh 13.7 now i actually weigh 4-5 lbs more but it isn't showing due to glycogen depletion?

I hope that makes sense,

xxx

HI ALL YOU LOVELY LADIES!!:grouphugg:WELL BACK ON TRACK AND AM HAPPY WITH THE RESULT.........5LBS THIS WEEK!!! AND A LOVELY SIZE 14!:smiley1842:XX

WOW!!!!

That is FANTASTIC ahhh a 14! i can't wait until i can say that, i'm so jealous and proud all at once well done, you are officially no longer plus size! I bet your dad is super proud of you hun. I'm defo not going to win the race now lolol.

xxx

Blimey I get busy for a couple of days and 9lbs drops off the team! Well done all of you! Hoping for a small loss on Wednesday. Certainly my size 16 cords feel loose today, which is nice. Hope to be in a 14 for Christmas.

My diary is in Member's diaries. No idea how to do a link. There isn't much there from me I'm afraid. Just can't get going. Everyone else is posting like mad on it, like a graffiti board, which is funny.

I really don't think you need to worry about your glycogen stores too much Hayley as it will only affect you in the first week of moving up the plans, and yes, it is just water, so just drink plenty and you'll be fine. You will have to add 2lbs for an evening do I'm afraid as our weight fluctuates throughout the day. If the dress is a bit loose on you now, you'll look fab in it.

Is it worth maybe recruiting a new Shrinking Violet this week? We've been a couple of weigh ins down for a couple of weeks now for various reasons.

Last edited:
no hayley you don't have to leave. you 100% CD which is what the club is all about! i will put some pics of the love nest up soon!!!

well done jan! fab result!!!

frances i think recruiting a new member would be worthwhile. we are seriously disadvantage at the moment.

will write more tomorrow when i have more time. just been to jazzercise and had a shower then tumbled into bed. felt fantastic though and had bags of energy at jazzercise!!! i did all the high impact moves for once and i can tell my fitness has improved so much!!!

now off to bed, night night ladies!!! x

Woohoo I lost 4lbs!!! :bliss:Me! On SS+! I can't quite believe it.

Not only does this bring me UNDER 12 stone (11, 3) but it also takes my BMI under 30! I'm just overweight now! Yay me. This really does make up for staying the same last week after all. So happy!:D

Fantastic Frances gooooooooooo team!!!

Ok girls message received, if you want a new team member you shall have one, i'll post on the teams ad agency now.

xxx

fantastic frances go you!!!...xx

Well done Frances! Fantatsic result! Have updated you on the CD 100% Club aswell :)

Ooooooh new team mate!!! I hope it's someone committed who won't go walkabouts after a week lol!

Aww I miss 161ds! Where did she go!?!?

Hopefully GTPeach will return soon too....where are yoooooooooooou???

I felt fantastic at Jazzercise last night!!! Had so much energy it was unreal! Sorry I keep saying that but I was so impressed with myself!! I didn't fluff up the moves either which makes a change!!! Now going to mix myself up a nice hot bowl of porridge! Yummy!!! x

Thanks. I meant to do it earlier but couldn't remember how much I had lost this month and had to go up to London.

Love the way you are getting so much out of your class. It really is inspiring me to get back to the gym, especially now it getting too cold to go walking on the downs.

Nice one Gem, it's great that you are getting in to the jazzercise and enjoying it. You are a braver girl than me i'm afraid i'm a terrible dancer so tend to avoid it it all costs unless drunk....when all of a sudden i think i'm the best on the dance floor lol!

Well, i don't know what's going on but i haven't had ANY replies to our team ad, hope you don't mind Gem but i've just posted on the 100% club thread as i thought we might get somebody serious to join us. The Wi's this week are looking fantastic all over 2% so far so we could be on for a really great week.

I'm getting so excited now about going out a week 2moro, i can't wait to get dolled up and wear the lovely dress i bought. I'm having my hair and nails done in the avo as a treat so i will post some pics of the final outfit. The new sofa came yesterday its huge, but looks fantastic (it took the delivery men 3 hours to get it in to my house as it's 3 storey and the lounge is on the 1st floor, hubby had to take all of the bannisters out lol) just need to get new light fittings etc to finish off now, so i'm sat in my gorgeous new lounge as i type.

Diet wise i'm plodding along, on 810 this week, start 1000 on sunday and still can't get used to the slow down on the scales so i've promised i will only weigh myself once a week from now on.

This was supposed to be a quick hello!

Speak to you all later, have a great day.

xxx

Back