The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Hi Hayley, you ramble all you like on here -- look at me and Gem get up to! LOL. When is your hubby's birthday? Let me have a think about that one. I have never really done SS. I have always added a meal, so I have never really lost that link with food. However I don't see it as real food, just like another CD meal replacement. Honestly, I don't even like chicken, and have eaten it for years, until I started dieting.

Also, I don't think I am really in ketosis. In fact I stopped testing a while ago. I don't think it is my bit of chicken and cauliflower that is putting me out of ketosis, but the bars (I have a Caramel bar daily). Don't know how important it is to be in ketosis, as I still lose most weeks without it.

I don't know, I suppose what I am saying is, I wouldn't feel too het up about going on 1000 for a week prior to hubby's birthday. We're all different I suppose, but I would just pass on the carbs and limit myself to two glasses of wine and SS right the way up to the event if you want to. A couple of Carmel bars the days before would probably be enough to knock you out of ketosis.

Last edited:
:wow:5lbs, well done. I can't wait until Wednesday to see how I have done now that I have been very strict with myself this week.

Gem, you will get sorted soon I promise you. I know this because your head is in the right place, your subconscious is sorting it for you. You will get answers soon. The right job is just around the corner. Hang in there.

Last edited:
Thanks Frances. I would love to hang on until I can *fingers crossed* train as a CDC. Then I could have a job that I am sure I will like, work from home and do my studying. Sounds perfect to me! But I am impatient. I don't want to stick at this job until then. It could take months to lose the weight, and really I would like to be out of the school by Christmas at the very latest. Even if it's working in a supermarket! I'm going to look on the job sites again lol!!!

On the plus side I found a cheaper A Level Archaeology course. £175 for the whole AS/A2!!! Bargain! And you can pay in three installments. Much cheaper than OU and the other course I found which was £250!!! xxx

Oooooh good luck hun!

Fingers crossed for a good one for you!

I feel good today, finding the diet really easy although i'm still no less impatient! Tried to buy some trousers yest as everything is literally falling off but all seem to be hipster style which is no good if you have had a baby and still have a mummy tummy they looked horrible! Have to say it was so much easier to buy clothes when i was bigger as i just bought whatever fitted me in black! I'm also discovering that i'm a size 17 on top (18 too big 16 too small) and a 19 on the bottom which makes life very difficult indeed. I think i will have to keep wearing my clown sized clothes for now, so frustrating.

Suns out woo hoo!!

xxx

Oh team, I am soo sorry I have let yu all down!! It's confession time for me.....

I haven't been doing the diet for the last month. Not at all. I have not fllowed it. I just found it SO much harder to get back on when I got my food and, well... didn't. I'm in a UK 10/12 now, and so - I'm not DESPERATE like I was when I started at a UK 20 at 5 ft. tall. I'm not the fat girl anymore, ya know? So someone needs to give my rear a nice fat little kick and say "YOU WANTED TO BE IN A UK 6 NOW GET MOVING MISSY!! BIKINI FOR YOU IN 2 WEEKS AND YOU CAN'T HAVE A TUMMY!!"

On the flip side - in this entire month? I have not gained a single pound. I've been eating what I want and just trying to be healthier than before the diet. Had a couple desserts for open mic night, but didn't go crazy like everyone else did - kept it to a small maple pecan cakelet and a couple sugar cookies. So I suppose it is an accomplishment in itself to maintain for an entire month, right?

Blimey, maintaining a size 10 for a month, is indeed a heck of an achievement. Well done you, you're at a size I am still dreaming of.

Aww, thanks frances! I was so worried you'd all be furious with me and want to kick me off the team!

Hope everyone is okay today? Good luck for tomorrow Frances! Am sure you will have a fantastic loss!!! xxx

Today was not so bad at work. I have signed up to go on a course on the first day back after half term so that should be good. Also I am going on an historical school trip with the Year 8s so I am looking forward to that!!!

Gem x

Hey, glad work wasn't so awful today and you have something to look forward to. I've not done much work today but I have been angelic diet-wise today -- usually am on a Tuesday. Following your lead on the water front and have drank 3 litres so far today! Can't wait until the morning!

Gt- don't be daft your place is safe hun you belong with us!!

Well done for maintaining thats fantastic, are you back on cd now?

xx

will be thus, as that's day 1 of my measured weeks. keeping to the 200 cal meal for 1-2 wks, as i'm on new medicine, but then will be ss from then to end of nov. - poss longer.

Sounds like a plan. Good luck with SS+. Do you think you would be able to weigh on Sunday and post any weight loss? Know it won't be a full week, but it would be great to include any loss.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I lost 3lbs! :party0011:Was hoping for slightly more as I have been soooo good this week, but the best bit is that I have finally reached my HALF WAY mark!
:party0023: :party0023:
Three stone off :bliss:and three stone to go to get me to my goal of 9 stone 8lbs. Yay me, I'm half way there!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Its such a milestone psychologically to be half way, in fact by 2moro you could be over halfway! It will be so exciting to watch yout ticker go down each week from now. Well done you should be really proud of yourself!

Hello rest of the the team, hows everyone today? I'm freezing, just been out with my boy for an hour walk which was gorgeous as we live in a leafy village and its soooo pretty this time of year, sun was out and i crunched my way through endless piles of red and gold leaves it took me back to walking to school. BUT its B****Y freezing and i haven't got a coat that fits!

Stupid me bought a gorgeous purple mac last week (when it wasn't cold) and now winter has properly arrived and i can't even find my gloves! I've seen a £15 black coat advertised at george at asda, i think i'm just going to go and buy 2 of those in my size now and the next one down as i'm shrinking out of things really quickly now and i just don't see the point in wasting another £100 on a coat i won't be able to wear in a months time.

Have a great day xxx

Thanks. It feels great, and yes, I am really looking forward to getting over the half way mark next week too.

That's a fab idea about the coats. At that price, you can justify buying two and you'll get such a kick when you get into the smaller one! You will need it because it will happen this winter!

Hi all, got my weigh in today, should be ok I think, well I feel I've lost - my CDC said she wanted to see around a 3lb loss this week (she's not the only one!) but I'm not going to beat myself up if it's not. We had a chat last week and I said while I was committed to the diet I wasn't going to get obsessed by it - which she thought was good.

I enquired about being a CDC but they said you had to have a BMI of 28 or less - I've gone back to them and said my goal is to get to a size 14 which I know will put me around 12.5 stone and a BMI of 31 - and that surely if I'm happy and healthy after doing Cambridge then that should be allowed. Will see whst they reply - I just feel that me as a size 10-12 would look ridiculous! I've always been curvy and bigger and to be honest have never looked after my body or skin so I'd have loads of saggy skin. Plus I like my curves!

Yay punk! Love those curves!

Good job frances!!!!

I might be somewhat scarce this week - I have to sit for my cousin while my uncle's out of town, and they have dial up internet which does't often work.... ugh. I will so be going through withdrawals!!

Back