The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

6lbs Jan! You are doing so well! I only ever lost that much in my first week lol. Well done you, you might even make slimmer of the week, across all the teams, with that loss!

Last edited:
thankyou frances im so pleased as i never thought i would get this far!!! its all you lovely ladies thats kept me on the straight and narrow are the kind words when i fell off the wagon!! and all i can say is a very very big THANKYOU TO YOU ALL!:thankyou:.....XXXX

thankyou jen!! you have done so well your self....xx

Well done OMG 6lbs at your weight thats got to be a big percentage!

12lbs to go i can't believe it you have done so well! When will you be moving up?

xx

Yes, I don't think I would have stuck to my diet this long without Minimins! Will you become a CDC? I'm thinking of training, now that my BMI is inching towards 28.

well done Jan!!!! fab result!!!

you are all so close to goal and i am so far away! eventually you will all move on and i will be the only original Violet left all on my own!!! :cry:

gosh i'm feeling pathetic tonight lol!!! x

I ain't going anywhere Gem, especially if I train to become a CDC, I will tell all my clients to come on here. And anyway, can't you see I'm addicted! I will still be here when you hit goal, because that is one set of photos I so want to see!!!

I'll be here for a while yet too. Don't worry. I'm going to change my target again to 9 stone 7 as i'm still a long way from where i want to be. X x x

Thanks guys!

I'm feeling very sad. I just went outside to feed my rabbit and guinea pigs and my oldest guinea pig is dead :cry:

I have cried my eyes out!!! I am so silly but I can't stand it when animals are hurt or die.

Poor little Frankie :( x

Oh poor you!! Hope you're not on your own. I'm with you on that one. I couldn't bear that. Was it just old age do you think? Sending you a big hug! :hug99::hug99:

Awwwh ((((hugs)))) Gem must be awful for you. Its one of the reasons I don't have any pets. Its so upsetting when they pass away. Hope your ok X x x

Ahhhhhhhh Gem i feel for you, i love my pets they are your family, just think what a lovely life he had with you, there are lots of neglected pets that never know what that's like. He had the best life he could with you.

I'm still planning on sticking around for a long time matey, so don't be sad you have done so well, look what a difference you have made to your bmi thats incredible. It will only get more and more exciting for you from here hun.

xxx

Boring, I stayed the same, again! Not very surprised as it is my TOTM. Also I seem to get a good loss and then sts. But I am fine about it. It doesn't frustrate me as much now as it did in the beginning. I just plod on and stick at it and the losses will come next week.

Hope everyone else has a more interesting weigh in this week!

I admire you so much Frances you have such a healthy attitude to this diet, you should defo train to be a CDC you will be great! Also if you do we could be on the same training day yay!

Morning Girls,

Omg i'm loving today already, been to get my dads bday pressie and he likes Hugo Boss, so i went in to Label and the girl in there asked me if i'd been on a diet, i said yes, she then said OMG you've lost SOOOOOOO much weight you look amazing. And instead of blushing and mumbling i said thanks, i've still got a bit to go but i feel great, she then started askign me how i did it etc and normally i say something like, "oh i've been on a crazy diet for a few months" but today i gave her a proper answer "have you heard of the cambridge diet? no? it's a total food replacement diet so no food or drinks other than cambridge formula food and water, its hard but worth it, i've lost nearly 5 stone in 16 weeks" By this time another shop assistant had come over and was asking questions! It was so refreshing to not feel ashamed of myself or the diet.

THEN...

I went and tried some new jeans on....guess who has a brand new pair of size 14's in her wardrobe...oh yeah thats me! Now before we get too excited they are from Evans (i like jeans that sit on the waist) and they are tight but wearable.

Also I bought a gorgeous coat (which incidently Nicola from girls aloud had on in the paper this week) from TK Maxx a few months ago which was labelled on their white label as a 16, it's always been tight i wear it but there isn't loads of room in it. Last night i was browsing ebay and noticed that a european size 42 is a size 14, looked in my coat and it is a 42, so either it had been labeled wrongly or the conversion chart i looked at wasn't right.

So as you can probably imagine i'm on top of the world right now, just in time for 2moro when my hubby me and my boy are all going to have some pics taken at the pixiphoto studio, i would have never gone within 10 miles of a camera when i was bigger, but i can't wait to have some nice pics of my little family, i know i'm daft.

Hope everyone is having an equally great day,

xx

Woohoo a size 14 jeans! I know how that feels and it is feels great! :bliss:Well done you! I had to laugh though, to hear you've been wearing a size 14 coat and not realised it!! You must be tiny! Can't wait to see the portraits......oh please post them, if only for a day or two so we can have a look.

I thought the best part is i'm still wearing size 18 jeans just with a belt lol!

Will defo post the pics i'm far less camera shy now, can't wait to show you my dress for friday!! It's weird how i'll happily post my pics for my team mates on here that i've never met, but i don't like showing them to my friends. Perhaps its just that you guys appreciate where i'm coming from and the effort it has taken to get this far.

xx

Wow thats amazing. No wonder you feel on top of the world, you deserve to after all the hard work you have put in. Its the best feeling to wear a dress size smaller. I bet your pics will be gorgeous.
Frances I really hope some of your attitude rubs off on me. Your a real inspiration, you don't let things get you down. I'm such a negative person its something I really need to work on.
I've set myself a target of getting down to 10stone 12 by the time my dp gets home from Florida on Tuesday. I was 11 stone 1.5 on monday so thats 3.5 lbs I need to lose this week. I'm doing everything I can so fingers crossed. The last time I saw a 10 on the scales I was 19 lol X x x

Well done Hayley! You must feel great!!!

Frances I really admire you! It was your attitude that got me through my 1lb week!!!

I don't know why my guinea pig died. He was only about 2yrs old. I think the move stressed him out and the cold probably didn't help. I had noticed he wasn't eating as much lately. I just hate the thought of him dying alone. I hate the thought of anyone/anything dying alone! He looked like he was sleeping though and we buried him in the garden. I'm going to plant a nice plant there in memory of him. He was mine and Mike's first pet together and he used to make us laugh so much. Such a comical little animal!!!

Hope everyone is okay today? I have a job interview at Mike's work tomorrow night (it means I might have to miss Jazzercise so I'm not too chuffed about that!!!) so fingers crossed!!! xxx

Ah Gem, try not to think about your Guinea pig bless him, i know exactly what you mean i worked on reception when my hubby called to tell me my little pig had died and i sat crying for about an hour at work. All the lads i worked with kept asking what was wrong, and then giving me funny looks when i told them my guinea pig had died! The best part was i'd spent 50 quid on a little wooden run for the garden as she's been off her food for a couple of days, and i wanted to cheer her up and the next day she died!

We planted a magnolia tree where she was buried and it flowered just 1 flower 2 days later, it's never flowered since! So even though you are not supposed to move magnlia trees i still took it with me when we moved as it reminds me of her, i know i must sound really sad, but they are such funny little things i loved her to pieces!

Jen- i can't believe you are nearly in the 10's my goal is to get to 12 lol i don't think i've seen 10 stone since i was about 14! when you get chance pop some pics on, i was really nervous at first so i set them as a private album that only my contacts could see.

xxx

Back