The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

What a soppy lot we are! And so I should think too. Love the idea of the magnolia tree only flowering once. My cat is 7 years young now.......and boy, do I dread the day!

Good luck in your interview Gem. And I hope the scales are kind to you all this week -- you've gotta win this one without me! Go Team 10!

OMG Hayley I've just had a look at your pics, you look stunning. You are tall and willowy you honestly don't look like you need to lose another lb. Oh I wish I was tall. I look every one of my 11 stone and 2 lbs. In fact I look bigger. My problem is my boobs. They are massive which makes me look fatter than I actually am, and a large chest on a 5 foot 4 frame just don't go together. I'll get there though. Having all your supposrt is really helping me through. Thank-you everybody. X x x

Aww Jen! For me it's my huuuuuuge bum that makes me look bigger than I am. My waist is slimming away to nothing but the bum and thunder thighs seem to remain the same size!!! x

The magnolia tree story is lovely! My kitten Mr Darcy hasn't left my side since it happened. I think he knows something sad happened so he is being all lovey dovey bless him!!! I've attached a picture of Frankie the guinea pig and one of Mr Darcy too.

In the first pic, Frankie is the one at the front, and Benny is behind. The second one always makes me smile! The third shows Mr Darcy, security kitten extraordinaire lol!!! xxx

Attachments

• 17102007.jpg
    17102007.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 290920071106.jpg
    290920071106.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Mr Darcy-Security 3.jpg
    Mr Darcy-Security 3.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 16
gem so sorry to here about frankie bless him he looked so cute! i know how you feel its not nice when you lose a pet! ive just had one of my st bernards put to sleep she had cancer in her spine, its like losing when of the family!!
hope your interview goes well and you get the job!...xx

frances sorry you stayed the same but i bet it will fall off you by next week! i remember when i stayed the same but yours and others on here got me thro that! and i no you will to!!..xx

hayley thats fantastic news!! bet its a great feeling geting into that size 14! im sooooo pleased for you!

good luck jen hope you lose your lbs this week to get under 11 that would be great!..xx

Ahhh Gem your pets are soooo cute, i will get some new pics on here of my little babies, i've got 2 dogs and a cat and i love them to pieces, obv not quite as much as my real baby but pretty close, the dogs are 6 and 3 and my cat is 7! Every time we got broody we added a pet lol!

Thanks so much for your comments Jen thats really nice of you to say but believe me i defo need to lose the last 20lbs! And thanks Gem for your picture comments its really nice to hear. But, firstly Gem you are gorgeous so less of the thunder thighs comments from you please, you look fantastic.
Jen-large boobies? I've never heard any man complain yet, in fact my hubby is moaning cos i've dropped from a 42H to a 38D, i keep trying to explain that they are in proportion and that there is no way i'm putting weight back on just to plump my boobs up the cheeky git!

Being tall sounds great in theory but you can't wear high heels without being over 6 foot and i can never do that delicate girly look that my shorter friends can carry off....i've got size 8 feet, and i can never get trousers/skirts/sleeves long enough. Really the only good thing about being tall is that i can wear maxi dresses lol!Phew! that was a good mini rant.

xxx

Aw I love the pics Gem, and I so love Mr Darcy. What a lovely kitten to look after you lol!

I'm the same as you Jen. I'm 5 foot 3 with a large bust and it don't seem to be shrinking just yet. I hope it does as I too feel it makes me look bigger than I am. I also noticed the other day, that for all the 51lbs I've lost, my tum is still sticking out as much. That must be the last bit to go I suppose. Just gotta stick at it. It has to go!

Hiya Jan, i didn't see your post hun, are you still celebrating your fantastic loss this week?

Thanks Hayley but my thighs and legs in general are really bugging me. I look in the mirror and all I see is ugly fat cellulite thighs!!! I try to turn to the side and focus on how small my waist has become but the legs still attract my attention.

I have never had slim legs and have never been able to wear skirts that are shorter than calf length. I hate it!!! I'm just praying that my legs will start to shrink!

Argh it's freezing tonight!!!

Where has GT gone??? She did mention to me that she was thinking of giving up on CD but I wish she would tell us one way or the other :(

Yay!!! I should be in the 16s when I get weighed on Friday night! I'm so looking forward to it!!! xxx

Check this out girls......i'm going swimming in a mo! Whats going on, me swimming at the swimming baths...in a swimming cossie!!! There must be a full moon or something lol! (Having to wear my old size 20 cossie though so i'll have to keep an eye on the girls and make sure they don't fall out of it!)

Back later

xxx

How did you get on with the swimming Hayley? I could really do with joining a gym, but its next to impossible with 2 babies and a dp who works shifts, so i have to make do with my exercise dvds for now.
Awwwh Gem your pets are lovely, my little girl is nagging me for a pet, but i'm a bit reluctant as I'd be the one looking after it and cleaning it out and I have enough on my plate at the moment. Don't be so hard on yourself Gem i've seen your pics and your looking fab. I do understand where your coming from though its almost like the more we lose the more critical we become of ourselves. Hope everyones having a good week. X x x

Morning !

Swimming was great, only one or two booby related mishaps so not bad really!

I'm off to the hair salon to get nails and hair done in a mo, having second thoughts about my dress for tonight but it's too late to do anything about it now, especially as i only actually have 2 pairs of jeans and 4 jumpers that fit so no plan b.

Have a good night, i'll be back 2moro with some pics, still in ketosis but i'm ignoring it and having a few anyway.

xx

Have a great time!!!!

Guess what guys? I got the job!!! :26:I'm so pleased!!! I start on the 22nd December.

I'm getting weighed at 5:30 so I shall be back to let you know how I get on!!! xxx

Well, 2lbs off. I was only expecting 1lb so I'm pretty pleased. It's TOTM anyway.

But it means I have got to the 5st mark at last!!!! Yay!!!! xxx

:smiley1842:FANTASTIC NEWS GEM A VERY BIG WELL DONE!! GO GIRL!!...XXXX:smiley1842:

Thats fab news Gem I'm so pleased for you. What will you be doing in your new job?
Well done with your weight loss too. Only 4lbs now until you hit your 3 stone before Christmas, Well done you X x x

Thanks guys! Basically I will be working in the contact centre for a security firm. It's fewer hours for more money. Can't be bad! x

Well done on the 5 st and the job Gem, what lovely news!

Had a great time last night, but still in ketosis so only had one drink, just going to post my new during pic on the main thread and it will be in my profile albums. It's not great as we were running late and hubby took it on his phone but you will get the gist.

xxx

Just wanted to post on here too Hayley as you really do look stunning in that pic. Your so slim now! Wow thats all I can say X x x

Back